ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc I need an idea person. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266989)

AndChiefs 11-23-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9144510)
Route tracking on forklifts in a large warehouse. Use the data to create the ideal WH layout, increasing efficiency.

Route tracking already takes place using RFID chips. However, if you could do the implementation significantly cheaper than current implementations you might have something.

AndChiefs 11-23-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9144545)
So far as I know, they're totally manual.

You hire a consultancy who hires a guy who stands around and watches people come in and out of your store. After awhile, they write up a report and suggest you move some stuff around.

Oh, and send you an enormous bill.

That's about it.

FAX

The important thing in this type of implementation would be the software in place behind this time study. How would you break down the results to be understandable by the stores? Do you have a consultant that flies around to places helping them understand the raw data they're receiving? Do you have a sortable listing solution that ranks different aspects of the results?

How durable is the technology? If it's placed on a shopping cart it has to be pretty durable to withstand the constant pounding it will be receiving. RFID is going to have problem transmitting the results efficiently and accurately. GPS is generally not quite precise enough for an application like this.

An idea that popped into my head is using the temperature feature of the technology. If you have temperature working in concert with another tracking feature you might be able to narrow it down a bit more. Refrigerated sections will have lower temperatures and most aisles should have different temps especially if it's able to break down by .1 degrees. Pretty simple to track with thermometers around the store and should be easy to integrate into a tracking system.

Fish 11-23-2012 07:16 PM

Step 1: Make it do fart noises.
Step 2: Profit...

tooge 11-23-2012 07:39 PM

Temp and movement changes make me think engines and efficiency.
Also tagged animals for research, on plates in restaurants, on inmates, I'd guess the uses are endless.W

hometeam 11-23-2012 08:02 PM

Take your ideas on shark tank~

TimeForWasp 11-24-2012 03:14 AM

I have one.
I know they already have remote start for automobiles. How bout one that starts your car when it's cold out and runs the heater for a while, then shuts off. Starts back up when it gets down to a certain temp and would also do the same thing in the summer time when it's extremely hot and runs your A/C to keep the car at a comfortable temperature.

Rukdafaidas 11-24-2012 07:55 AM

I work with restaurants and it's startling how often they'll have a cooler or freezer go down.
When they do, they lose a lot of groceries. Use this to text the owner when the cooler or freezer temp gets up to a certain temp.

T-post Tom 11-24-2012 07:57 AM

Digital chastity belts. Probably a few big markets overseas.

Rausch 11-24-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9144506)
A networked chicken coop door actuator. A nice iphone front end, too, please.

Suburban chicken keepers will love it.

Already been done...

ILChief 11-24-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9144341)
DRU is so rad.

Why do you post in a .1 font size?

ghak99 11-24-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas (Post 9145588)
I work with restaurants and it's startling how often they'll have a cooler or freezer go down.
When they do, they lose a lot of groceries. Use this to text the owner when the cooler or freezer temp gets up to a certain temp.

Wow... Farms with enclosed animal housing have had hundreds of thousands of dollars riding on temperature monitoring technology for a decade or better. Tell those restaurant owners to blow some dust off their moldy old wallets and cover their ass.

bevischief 11-24-2012 01:31 PM

Midgets and poop.

ElGringo 11-25-2012 02:40 PM

Quick and easy idea...for alarm systems.

Make x number of machines, that once you leave the perimeter it activates alarms. For example I have a family of four. All 4 have this device in their wallet in whatever way. If none of the 4 devices are in the perimeter alarm is active, if any 1 of the 4 devices are in the perimeter the alarm is dis-activated.