ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Vermeil on Johnson... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105965)

ChiefsOne 12-08-2004 10:35 AM

Vermeil on Johnson...

VERMEIL: “Larry (Johnson) ran well. Derrick (Blaylock) could have played and did play a snap or two, but I just didn’t feel good about it. Larry missed some holes, but he’ll get better. He was so excited about carrying the ball that it almost was a distraction to some of the breaks he could have made had he more patient.”

HOLTHUS: He was so explosive that his speed seemed to fool the Raiders at times.

VERMEIL: “Now, he is fast, although he’s no faster than Derrick Blaylock. Just being a little more patient as he learns to run in this offense will help him. That offensive line will provide him with an opportunity to run more often than not.”

Johnson looked great IMO. I like Vermeil, but wish he would quite slamming Larry every chance he gets. Last week he was saying that Johnson was probably the fastest guy on the team in the 40 and this week he is no faster than Blaylock! He took his diaper off, now get behind your back and give him some credit.

Rain Man 12-08-2004 10:37 AM

No faster than Blaylock? Blaylock has blazing speed. If someone's faster than Blaylock, they're Olympian.

Earthling 12-08-2004 10:38 AM

WTF?? Where is DV's head at??

Chris Meck 12-08-2004 10:42 AM

Priest Holmes isn't really all that FAST. He's QUICK. I'd take a 230 lb. back that's as fast as Blaylock any old day, thank you.

Chris

BigRedChief 12-08-2004 10:50 AM

I don't know what DV's issue is with LJ but he needs to knock it off. Yeah there have been a lot of 100 yard rushers that never amounted to anything but the first time you give him a chance he produces. We will see if its a case of Greg "The Real Deal" Hill or a new chapter is being written in thr King Carl draft history books. An actual impact RB.

I sure do like his just handing the ball to the ref after a touchdown score. Quite classy.

NewChief 12-08-2004 10:51 AM

I have thought that DV's comments about LJ were a little overly-qualified. He keeps talking about how LJ could have done even better if he wouldn't have been so excited. How he didn't use good vision. How he hit the hole too fast. Come on, Dick! The guy racked up some serious yardage and really helped the team out.

It's doubly irritating when he can hardly bring himself to criticize a member of the _efense. Make no sense. Give credit where it's due. Give criticism where it's needed. LJ doesn't need a critique after that performance. He just needs more carries.

milkman 12-08-2004 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Codger
WTF?? Where is DV's head at??

Vermeil doesn't like big Johnson's in diapers.

BigRedChief 12-08-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
It's doubly irritating when he can hardly bring himself to criticize a member of the _efense. Make no sense. Give credit where it's due. Give criticism where it's needed. LJ doesn't need a critique after that performance. He just needs more carries.

Nail on head award. :thumb:

The defense is the one that needs to be taken out to the woodshed.

jspchief 12-08-2004 10:57 AM

I listened to DV on the radio last night, and my immediate impression was that he was defending Blaylock and detracting from what LJ did. It's obvious he's got a hard-on for Blaylock. Vermeil's loyalty is a hindrence.

David. 12-08-2004 11:00 AM

worst thread title to grace CP

ChiefsOne 12-08-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Give credit where it's due. Give criticism where it's needed. LJ doesn't need a critique after that performance.
That's what I'm saying. Everyother player on this team he backs them up when they do something wrong (he's young, everyone makes mistakes, etc). And that's what I like about Vermeil, but with Johnson he just keeps putting him down. Throws him a bone every now and then, but has never gotten behind him.

Come on Dick show him some love.

Calcountry 12-08-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
Vermeil doesn't like big Johnson's in diapers.

That should have read, "Dick doesn't like his Johnson in Diapers."

ChiefsOne 12-08-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

worst thread title to grace CP
Guess it should've been "Dick on Johnson".

Chiefnj 12-08-2004 11:31 AM

I think Johnson have very deceptive speed. Opposing players don't think he can turn a corner, etc., and end up taking bad angles on him. The only criticism I have of him in the Raider game is that I don't think he has great balance. It seems like once someone swipes at him low he'll go down.

Earthling 12-08-2004 11:48 AM

Maybe DV was playing to lose that Raiders game and LJ ruined his plan for a better draft position..??