ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life If 2pac, Kurt Cobain, Selena were still alive today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315845)

banecat 06-17-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13596253)
There’s still great music to be had. You just have to go find it now.

That's what I basically told a friend that still listens to modern rock. I've been selective since around 2001 with the pool of what I like that's newer anymore becoming smaller and smaller every year since. And since around 2010 it's pretty much a very slow drip. Now I only hear an occasional decent track on a movie or in a show that I'm watching. I'm not searching for shit as there's plenty of great music made before the turn of the century that I can go looking for when I feel so inclined to do so

Skyy God 06-17-2018 05:35 PM

Not the worst 3-some ever.

DJJasonp 06-17-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13596227)
Well, Mother Love Bone was the first to get some national attention. Though Andrew Wood ODed on heroin and died just before that. From that came Temple of the Dog and from Temple of the Dog came Pearl Jam. The Seattle scene was already getting some attention before Nirvana blew up. If not Nirvana I think AIC would of been the band that heralded in that sound.

MLB and Pearl Jam were born at nearly the same time.

lewdog 06-17-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13596153)
If Cobain we’re still alive, I wonder if he would still be writing shitty music?
For a while, he cornered the whole “I got a guitar and learned to play it in 2 weeks and formed a band” guitarist.

Of all the grunge music back then, Nirvana/Cobain we’re by far the worst. STP/AIC/soundgarden etc.....so much better. I’ve NEVER understood the Nirvana worship, or Cobain. .

Just wondering what’s your favorite band?

Spott 06-17-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13596026)
Some of you guys are ****ing this up. It's not about how 2Pac or Cobain would have eventually died, the question clearly is, what if they were still alive? Generally speaking, it's hard to tell or even guess because how the public digests music is so much different than it was even 20-30 years ago. I can't speak much to 2Pac as that's not really my kinda music(I like California Love, however). The other gal I must confess I know almost nothing about. Cobain is pretty much right up my alley as I was a teenager when Nirvana rose to the height of their time. My guess is that they would enjoy a Pearl Jam-esque type of relevance and still be wildly beloved by many of my generation/age group and probably not given much of a second glance at by the millennials.

That's because millennials like shitty music.

GloucesterChief 06-17-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 13596739)
MLB and Pearl Jam were born at nearly the same time.

No they weren't. Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament were in MLB. After Wood died, they formed Temple of the Dog with Cornell and Mike McCready. Eddie Vedder was brought in as a 2nd singer in the group. Pearl Jam formed out of Temple of the Dog as Vedder, Gossard, Ament, and McCready decided to keep playing together. They recruited Dave Krusen and Pearl Jam was born.

Why Not? 06-17-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13596771)
That's because millennials like shitty music.

This is a 100% unarguable fact

Lzen 06-18-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13596153)
If Cobain we’re still alive, I wonder if he would still be writing shitty music?
For a while, he cornered the whole “I got a guitar and learned to play it in 2 weeks and formed a band” guitarist.

Of all the grunge music back then, Nirvana/Cobain we’re by far the worst. STP/AIC/soundgarden etc.....so much better. I’ve NEVER understood the Nirvana worship, or Cobain. .

This! Almost exactly what I say when describing my reaction to the grunge movement back then.