ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Hollywood is bringing back 'The Lone Ranger' in 2012! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236954)

morphius 11-17-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7179324)
Knowing Hollywood's past, that's not entirely off the table.

Sadly after Land of the Lost this would not surprise me in the least.

Frankie 11-17-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7179351)
My list of worst, possible Lone Ranger guys would have to include (in no particular order) ...

1. Robert Englund
2. Keanu Reeves
3. Leonardo Dicaprio
4. Vin Diesel
5. Kevin Spacey
6. Cillian Murphy
7. Jake Gyllenhaal
8. Elijah Wood (although, he would be great at hiding behind rocks)

FAX

LOL. But Dicaprio may not be such a bad choice. I can think of a lot worse.

Frankie 11-17-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken (Post 7179306)
Timothy Olyphant good choice.

Do I have a good eye for casting or what? I missed my calling. Maybe Dane can hook me up with a casting company. ;)

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179269)
The LR will either be gay or a whoremonger. Hollywood has sex on the brain, doubtful it will be a family oriented movie.

Bruckheimer is producing this film, so it will most certainly be "family oriented".

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179388)
Bruckheimer is producing this film, so it will most certainly be "family oriented".

We will have to wait and see. I'm sure my definition of family oriented might be different than yours.

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7179283)
My choices (in order of slight preference):

1- Timothy Olyphant
2- Sam Worthington
3- Jeffrey Donovan
4- Nathan Fillion (as suggested before)
5- Aaron Ekhart

I doubt that Disney or Bruckheimer would cast Olyphant in a big budget remake. He's never shown the ability to carry a film.

Worthington is gearing up for Avatar 2 & 3, which will be shot simultaneously, has the "Commando" remake, Clash of the Titans 2 and "Quatermain" on his busy schedule, so I'd guess that's not an option.

There's no way they cast two TV stars in a $100 million dollar plus film to play with Johnny Depp. No way.

And Aaron Ekhart has about as much appeal as Bill Pullman. He's a one note actor that couldn't carry any of the films he's been cast as lead.

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179396)
We will have to wait and see. I'm sure my definition of family oriented might be different than yours.

It's a Disney film, Tom. It doesn't get much more "family oriented" than that.

Dartgod 11-17-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken (Post 7179303)
Depp as Tonto and Clooney as the "Ranger." But with out luck they will go with a Black ranger like James West in the form of Will Smith in "the Wild Wild West." OhhhNooos!

OOoooooo! How about Chris Tucker as the Lone Ranger and Jackie Chan as Tonto? :hmmm:

Deberg_1990 11-17-2010 12:32 PM

Shia LeBeof

morphius 11-17-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7179409)
OOoooooo! How about Chris Tucker as the Lone Ranger and Jackie Chan as Tonto? :hmmm:

It has been awhile since there has been a Travolta and Cage movie...

Donger 11-17-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179230)
Quite honestly, I think all of the Jack Ryan movies, save for "Red October" are boring, lame and uninteresting.

Absolutely agree.

Donger 11-17-2010 01:13 PM

This thread is a little ghey.

Frazod 11-17-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179471)
Absolutely agree.

I really liked Clear and Present Danger, but Patriot Games and Sum of All Fears sucked balls.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179407)
It's a Disney film, Tom. It doesn't get much more "family oriented" than that.

Like I said. I'll wait and see. You can buy the status quo if you must. I always verify before I take my grandkids to the "family oriented" movies of today. Many of them don't pass muster.

RealSNR 11-17-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179530)
Like I said. I'll wait and see. You can buy the status quo if you must. I always verify before I take my grandkids to the "family oriented" movies of today. Many of them don't pass muster.

Just curious, but what would pass as a family-oriented Lone Ranger movie? I mean, it would be an action western. A little bit of violence would be necessary to make this film.

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179530)

Outside side of animated films, you're correct: There are very few "G" rated movies released these days. Most of those films are either network or direct to DVD releases.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7179543)
Just curious, but what would pass as a family-oriented Lone Ranger movie? I mean, it would be an action western. A little bit of violence would be necessary to make this film.

I don't take my kids to films that use profanity. I don't take my kids to films that have women in titilating attire. I don't take my kids to films that have what I consider excessive blood and gore.

You get to choose how you review films for your kids and I get to choose how I review films for mine.

It's not really an argument, but a choice my wife and I made long ago.

Donger 11-17-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7179497)
I really liked Clear and Present Danger, but Patriot Games and Sum of All Fears sucked balls.

I liked Patriot Games the most of after Red October, but mostly because it involved killing Irishmen.

RealSNR 11-17-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179569)
I don't take my kids to films that use profanity. I don't take my kids to films that have women in titilating attire. I don't take my kids to films that have what I consider excessive blood and gore.

You get to choose how you review films for your kids and I get to choose how I review films for mine.

It's not really an argument, but a choice my wife and I made long ago.

It never was an argument. I was just asking.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179571)
I liked Patriot Games the most of after Red October, but mostly because it involved killing Irishmen.

Have you read Red Storm Rising? I don't know how difficult it would be to make that into a movie, but it would be red hot with action.

I started The Hunt for Red October first and was kind of bored after the first couple of chapters. I switched to Red Storm Rising and it lit the fuse in the first chapter and flamed on for the rest of the book. Then I went back to Red October. When I saw the movie I was somewhat disappointed but it was good. I liked the way they changed from Russian to English, kind of a unique way to remove the subtitles.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7179583)
It never was an argument. I was just asking.

Didn't mean to infer it was, just pointing out it was a choice.

Inspector 11-17-2010 02:02 PM

They should continue to keep the gay love between the lone ranger and tonto behind the scenes.

NTTAWWT

Donger 11-17-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179585)
Have you read Red Storm Rising? I don't know how difficult it would be to make that into a movie, but it would be red hot with action.

I started The Hunt for Red October first and was kind of bored after the first couple of chapters. I switched to Red Storm Rising and it lit the fuse in the first chapter and flamed on for the rest of the book. Then I went back to Red October. When I saw the movie I was somewhat disappointed but it was good. I liked the way they changed from Russian to English, kind of a unique way to remove the subtitles.

Yes, I've read them all. Red Storm Rising was co-written with Larry Bond. I highly recommend Bond's books if you like the genre.

kysirsoze 11-17-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7179283)
My choices (in order of slight preference):

2- Sam Worthington

http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/u...00-590x393.jpg

Why in the blue **** would anyone suggest this guy?? He had a run of movies cause he was cheap and they didn't need a good actor distracting from the pretty lights. This guy has to be the least interesting screen presence in the history of Hollywood. If he was cast there is 0% chance I would see this movie.

As it is, if this movie is really being done by Disney, it IS going to kid friendly. Bank on it. It sucks, cause this could be updated into a pretty awesome western.

Baby Lee 11-17-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7178524)
I was thinking just the other day that it would be great if the TV people could produce a Western or two. Everything is crime solving nowadays. A good Western would be nice. Maybe one with an Indian tribe that is harboring space aliens, or something.

FAX

Justified has a real western air to it. Not really a western, it's a show about a hot head US Marshal facing off against criminals in his hometown in Western Kentucky, sent back there after his hot headedness got in in trouble in Miami.

So it has a southern/redneck vibe more than ol' El Paso vibe, but the lead character has all those 'white hat wearin', fast drawin', quick thinkin', law and order' tropes with complicated drives regarding womenfolk and their protection.

EDIT TO ADD: In case you are unfamilar, that Head Shot of Olyphant above is a promo shot for him as his character in Justified.

Baby Lee 11-17-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7179158)
"mumble mumble, I'm just trying to do my job mumble mumble I'm heroically humble, yet principled."

Ralph Garmin's Harrison Ford cracks me up consistently, along with his Al Pacino.

COME ON NOW!!!

Frazod 11-17-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179571)

LMAO

Perhaps one day Clancy will write a book about killing the French. I'm sure you'd really enjoy that.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179606)
Yes, I've read them all. Red Storm Rising was co-written with Larry Bond. I highly recommend Bond's books if you like the genre.

A good portion of what I did in the military was covered in the book. Almost like reading a tech maual about my job.

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7178524)
I was thinking just the other day that it would be great if the TV people could produce a Western or two. Everything is crime solving nowadays. A good Western would be nice. Maybe one with an Indian tribe that is harboring space aliens, or something.

FAX

Cowboys & Aliens?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/cowb...deo=1#movTitle

Frankie 11-18-2010 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7179691)
Why in the blue **** would anyone suggest this guy??

Worthington is not a bad actor. He is at least as good Banderas who played Zorro.

Here's a crude rendition of him as the LR.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179476)
This thread is a little ghey.

Sometimes when it's really late, I call him The Long Ranger.

Frankie 11-18-2010 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Olyphant :D

Hammock Parties 11-18-2010 10:58 PM

The only problem with Olyphant is he looks like a villain.

By the way, I don't like the blue on white outfit. I guess it's "canon" or whatever, but I always watched the Lone Ranger in black and white, and had the idea in my head that he wore gray.

Ebolapox 11-18-2010 10:59 PM

screw it: johnny knoxville from jackass for lone ranger.

Frankie 11-18-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7182939)
The only problem with Olyphant is he looks like a villain.

In the way that Eastwood did. And it fits my vision at least, of a darker, edgier Lone Ranger (which I'm sure Disney won't go for).

googlegoogle 11-18-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7179426)
Shia LeBeof

:shake::facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7182893)
Worthington is not a bad actor. He is at least as good Banderas who played Zorro.

Here's a crude rendition of him as the LR.

Worthington has nowhere near the acting chops of Antonio Banderas.

He's a pretty boy that looks like Hollywood's ideal leading man but in reality, he's a sub-par actor at best. And cheap (his quote is only $3 million per film).

With a property like the Lone Ranger and a Johnny Depp attached, Bruckheimer and Disney will be looking at guys like McConaghey, Bale, Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhall - even a Bradley Cooper in the role.

It won't be a TV guy and it won't be Sam Worthington. That guy has the personality of a lump of potatoes.

Ebolapox 11-18-2010 11:38 PM

I'm shocked that worthington is so cheap after terminator and avatar. his star is higher now than it's ever been during his career so far.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7183036)
I'm shocked that worthington is so cheap after terminator and avatar. his star is higher now than it's ever been during his career so far.

Terminator
didn't even break domestically even and Avatar would have been a huge success with just about anyone in that role. It was more about the visuals than the acting or story.

Clash of the Titans
only made about $30 million more than the budget domestically, which basically means it lost money because advertising costs are figured into the earnings total.

The reason I bring up domestic totals is that the studios are more concerned with the US market when it comes to casting an iconic American character than the international markets.

Ebolapox 11-18-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7183048)

Terminator
didn't even break domestically even and Avatar would have been a huge success with just about anyone in that role. It was more about the visuals than the acting or story.

Clash of the Titans
only made about $30 million more than the budget domestically, which basically means it lost money because advertising costs are figured into the earnings total.

The reason I bring up domestic totals is that the studios are more concerned with the US market when it comes to casting an iconic American character than the international markets.

hmmmm... yeah, I hadn't considered that about avatar. still, if I was him (and only getting 3 mill a film), I'd be making my agent work the phones to get better offers. then again, maybe he doesn't care about money (and that IS the best he can get). what do I know, I'm just a biology geek in flyover country.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7183061)
hmmmm... yeah, I hadn't considered that about avatar. still, if I was him (and only getting 3 mill a film), I'd be making my agent work the phones to get better offers. then again, maybe he doesn't care about money (and that IS the best he can get). what do I know, I'm just a biology geek in flyover country.

If he didn't look like he does, he wouldn't get the roles he's gotten to date.

There's really no appeal to him other than a pretty face. He doesn't have a classic appeal like a Jon Hamm, he isn't funny & handsome like Brad Cooper or McConaghey, he's not a big buff badass like a Vin Diesel and he's not an "everyman" like Matt Damon.

He's the face of Sci-Fi/Fantasy flicks that need that pretty face to appeal to women.

Ebolapox 11-19-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7183082)
If he didn't look like he does, he wouldn't get the roles he's gotten to date.

There's really no appeal to him other than a pretty face. He doesn't have a classic appeal like a Jon Hamm, he isn't funny & handsome like Brad Cooper or McConaghey, he's not a big buff badass like a Vin Diesel and he's not an "everyman" like Matt Damon.

He's the face of Sci-Fi/Fantasy flicks that need that pretty face to appeal to women.

still kinda surprises me he can't get more jack than that. I'm a big fan of 'strike while the iron is hot.' while he may only be pidgeonholed into certain roles and not have much in the way of acting chops, I'll be damned if I wouldn't be trying to take advantage of the situation.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7183086)
still kinda surprises me he can't get more jack than that. I'm a big fan of 'strike while the iron is hot.' while he may only be pidgeonholed into certain roles and not have much in the way of acting chops, I'll be damned if I wouldn't be trying to take advantage of the situation.

I'd be shocked if he didn't receive back end from Avatar & Clash.

Terminator, probably not and wouldn't matter anyway since the company that owns the rights went bankrupt, again.

Ebolapox 11-19-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7183088)
I'd be shocked if he didn't receive back end from Avatar & Clash.

Terminator, probably not and wouldn't matter anyway since the company that owns the rights went bankrupt, again.

either way, good for him.

anyway, enough of bitching about how much cash an actor who I don't really give a flying **** about makes.

how's dane?

Earthling 11-19-2010 07:43 AM

There was some financial-lender business in Wichita some 20 years ago or so that use to use the "Loan Arranger" in their adds. Shit, now that I think about it, it was more like 30 years ago or so....:doh!:

Deberg_1990 11-19-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7183030)
With a property like the Lone Ranger and a Johnny Depp attached, Bruckheimer and Disney will be looking at guys like McConaghey, Bale, Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhall - even a Bradley Cooper in the role.

Bruckmeimer likes to work with the same people over and over...so we cant rule out Nicholas Cage....LOL

Gynlennal flopped with that Persia movie, but ya never know.....

beach tribe 11-19-2010 08:52 AM

Don't get me wrong, the Lone Ranger is a bad ass BUT that is the queerest cowboys get up EVAR!!

Frankie 11-19-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 7183345)
Don't get me wrong, the Lone Ranger is a bad ass BUT that is the queerest cowboys get up EVAR!!

LR is not a cowboy. He is sort of a super-hero like Zorro and Batman. So his outfit is sort of a super-hero outfit. It was great in the days of good guys wearing white hats and bad guys black.

Bane 11-19-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7183964)
LR is not a cowboy. He is sort of a super-hero like Zorro and Batman. So his outfit is sort of a super-hero outfit. It was great in the days of good guys wearing white hats and bad guys black.

Plus he had a native american for a sidekick.:eek::clap:That's gangsta.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7183964)

I always saw The Lone Ranger as the American ripoff of Zorro.

In fact, if they really want to drive my fanboy dick wild, they should do a movie where Zorro and The Lone Ranger team up.

ChiTown 11-19-2010 02:07 PM

Image of Frankie shortly after hearing the news:

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images...y-samberg1.jpg

kaplin42 11-19-2010 02:09 PM

The only thing I can say is that not everything that was great back in the day, translates very well to modern entertainment.

I think this will be one of those things that just doesn't pick up very well.

DaneMcCloud 11-19-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7183285)
Bruckmeimer likes to work with the same people over and over...so we cant rule out Nicholas Cage....LOL

Gynlennal flopped with that Persia movie, but ya never know.....

Nicholas Cage got those gigs because of Jon Turtletaub, not Bruckheimer. Since Gore Vidal is likely to direct the Lone Ranger, I think we can safely exclude Cage from that list.

The POP did $335 million worldwide against a $200 million dollar budget, so it was hardly a flop. It didn't do well domestically but I don't think that's surprising, given the current political situation with the Middle East and the topic.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 7184021)
The only thing I can say is that not everything that was great back in the day, translates very well to modern entertainment.

I think this will be one of those things that just doesn't pick up very well.

This is just like the A-Team in my mind. It's probably going to be brainless popcorn, but if they remain true to the original, lots of people will like it.

Jenson71 11-19-2010 02:20 PM

If Disney is doing it, I would imagine it will be something gamey like the Prince of Persia. Had it been another studio, it would have been a dark, bloody, tragedy about a regular guy whose family was raped and murdered by outlaws, and there would be no little black mask to show how sophisticated it is.

Frankie 11-19-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7183999)
I always saw The Lone Ranger as the American ripoff of Zorro.

In fact, if they really want to drive my fanboy dick wild, they should do a movie where Zorro and The Lone Ranger team up.

Zorro lives in an earlier timeline than the LR.

Frankie 11-19-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7184018)
Image of Frankie shortly after hearing the news:

Watch it. I'm gonna be in Chicago Tuesday.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7184118)
Zorro lives in an earlier timeline than the LR.

No one would care.

It would be as badass as Captain Picard and Captain Kirk meeting.

Frankie 11-19-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7184024)
Nicholas Cage got those gigs because of Jon Turtletaub, not Bruckheimer. Since Gore Vidal is likely to direct the Lone Ranger, I think we can safely exclude Cage from that list.

Thank God.

He almost became Superman a few years ago.

ChiTown 11-19-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7184120)
Watch it. I'm gonna be in Chicago Tuesday.

:spock:

Baby Lee 11-19-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

The POP did $335 million worldwide against a $200 million dollar budget, so it was hardly a flop. It didn't do well domestically but I don't think that's surprising, given the current political situation with the Middle East and the topic.

OMFingG!! That has NOTHING to do with it. That thing stunk of over the top senseless CGI, just like GI Joe and CofT. Unless a movie gets good word of mouth regarding humor or really good visuals, people just throw all those in the brain-dead live-action cartoon trashbin.

Frankie 11-19-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7184212)
:spock:

I never understand what this smiley is supposed to mean.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-19-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 7178502)
ooh, ****ing great. and helena bonham carter can play a town wench. directing it will be tim burton.

****ing christ, it'll be sweeney todd in the goddamned old west.

Oh God No! The Triumvirate of "Please don't put the band back together"...

Jenson71 11-20-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Gore Vidal! Whoa!

DaneMcCloud 11-20-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 7185205)
Gore Vidal! Whoa!

Oops, Gore Verbinski.

I tend to mix up my Gore's.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-20-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7185308)
Oops, Gore Verbinski.

I tend to mix up my Gore's.

LMAO

I was going to say, that would be...uh...interesting to say the least.

Deberg_1990 11-23-2010 09:13 PM

Dane is a prophet. Gore Verbiski Confirmed!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/told...e-lone-ranger/

you just know Nicholas Cage as Lone Ranger cant be too far behind.. : )

Deberg_1990 11-23-2010 09:13 PM

Dane is a prophet. Gore Verbinski Confirmed!

DaneMcCloud 11-23-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7194211)
Dane is a prophet. Gore Verbinski Confirmed!

Nic Cage will probably play Cactus Pete.

LMAO

googlegoogle 11-23-2010 10:37 PM

http://movietimeentertainment.com/im...isco%20Kid.jpg

OH PANCHO

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2011 01:00 PM

You might like this, Frankie:

Timothy Olyphant, who gives voice to The Spirit of the West in Rango, seems like a logical go-to first choice for Gore Verbinski. A source close to the production recently revealed that the director has acknowledged that the actor, who plays a Deputy U.S. Marshal on FX's Justified, is "right" for the part, and that it "sounds like a good idea".

http://www.movieweb.com/news/gore-ve...as-lone-ranger

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179400)
I doubt that Disney or Bruckheimer would cast Olyphant in a big budget remake. He's never shown the ability to carry a film.

From what I've heard, this movie will be told through the eyes of Tonto, not the Lone Ranger, so he would be a good fit, if cast.

Deberg_1990 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7438066)
You might like this, Frankie:

Timothy Olyphant, who gives voice to The Spirit of the West in Rango, seems like a logical go-to first choice for Gore Verbinski. A source close to the production recently revealed that the director has acknowledged that the actor, who plays a Deputy U.S. Marshal on FX's Justified, is "right" for the part, and that it "sounds like a good idea".

http://www.movieweb.com/news/gore-ve...as-lone-ranger

That would be sweet! Oh, and hes worked with Bruckheimer before in "Gone is 60 Seconds" so it makes sense.

Halfcan 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

depp as tonto-lol

I guess there are no Real Native americans available-lol

Bowser 02-18-2011 01:07 PM

Haven't read this thread, but this is MORE dredged up Hollywood rerun crap that I have no intention of dropping my money on.

Dane, for ****'s sake, will you convince the people you know and work with to come up with something original? At least QUASI-original? Thanks in advance.....

threebag 02-18-2011 01:07 PM

HBD Frankie

milkman 02-18-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7194228)
Nic Cage will probably play Cactus Pete.

LMAO

I haven't been to a movie in a long time, but casting has become pathetic.

When they made a big screen version of Wild, Wild West with Will Smith as James West, and Spiderman with a panyass Toby MaGuire as Peter Parker/Spiderman, I quit caring.

Next, they'll cast Justin Beiber as The Lone Ranger.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7438087)
Haven't read this thread, but this is MORE dredged up Hollywood rerun crap that I have no intention of dropping my money on.

Dane, for ****'s sake, will you convince the people you know and work with to come up with something original? At least QUASI-original? Thanks in advance.....

Remakes can be good. See the A-Team.

The Lone Ranger could be really cool with a modern treatment.

Halfcan 02-18-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7438090)
I haven't been to a movie in a long time, but casting has become pathetic.

When they made a big screen version of Wild, Wild West with Will Smith as James West, and Spiderman with a panyass Toby MaGuire as Peter Parker/Spiderman, I quit caring.

Next, they'll cast Justin Beiber as The Lone Ranger.

"whats a beiber"?

:p

milkman 02-18-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 7438120)
"whats a beiber"?

:p

Truthfully, I hadn't even heard of him until Sunday.