ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Toyota to recall 533,000 SUVs, trucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156967)

recxjake 01-19-2007 12:06 PM

Toyota to recall 533,000 SUVs, trucks

Toyota to recall 533,000 SUVs, trucks
Automaker says 11 accidents were reported because of a defect that makes Sequoia, Tundra difficult to steer.
TOKYO (Reuters) -- Toyota Motor Corp. plans to recall about 533,000 Sequoia SUVs and Tundra pickup trucks in the United States to repair faulty components that could make the vehicles difficult to steer.

Six injuries and 11 accidents were reported as a result of the defect, Japan's top automaker said Friday.

Toyota, on its way to becoming the world's biggest auto maker ahead of General Motors Corp., has vowed to step up its quality efforts after a rise in vehicle recalls and increased scrutiny from Japanese media over quality issues.

The latest recall covers certain 2004 to 2007 model year Sequoias and 2004 to 2006 model year Tundras, both built at Toyota's Indiana plant, the automaker's U.S. sales unit said in a statement.

Toyota as a policy does not disclose estimated recall costs. A spokesman said the automaker has funds reserved against quality costs at all times and expects no impact on its earnings.

Toyota last year recalled more than a million vehicles in Japan and 760,000 units in the United States, but the publicity has done little to hurt it. Toyota boosted its global sales by 9 percent in 2006, fueled largely by a 13 percent jump in sales in the United States.

Toyota and its premium Lexus brand are perennial outperformers in the closely watched J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey in the United States, although the Toyota brand ranked second among non-premium brands in 2006, behind South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co.

"Toyota has a lot of goodwill built up," said Christopher Richter, an auto analyst at CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets, adding that recall numbers would naturally rise with an increase in vehicles sold.

Recalls have also been on the rise across the industry as car makers use common components on various models to save costs. The Tundra and Sequoia, both of which are due for a full remodeling, share most of the same components.

Toyota will notify owners starting in mid-February and repair the defective front suspension lower ball joints free of charge.

Chief Chief 01-19-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recxjake
Toyota will notify owners starting in mid-February and repair the defective front suspension lower ball joints free of charge.

"..mid-February.."??? Of what year?

Simplex3 01-19-2007 12:17 PM

Jeezus f**king Christ. Isn't there some car related board you can spam this s**t onto?

Bowser 01-19-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Jeezus f**king Christ. Isn't there some car related board you can spam this s**t onto?

On a somewhat related note, I've heard that Bill Woods Ford in the Northland is closing. My mom said she can't remember there never being a Bill Woods.

recxjake 01-19-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3

It's not spam, I'm letting people know about a car recall, and I'm sure people on this board have one of these.....

I didn't say anything bad about toyota, or good about GM... just info

RedDread 01-19-2007 12:26 PM

I challenge you not to post any car related stories for the rest of the time you're on the board.

Ready? GO!

Pants 01-19-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

It's not spam, I'm letting people know about a car recall, and I'm sure people on this board have one of these.....

How come I've never seen you post GM recalls?

StcChief 01-19-2007 12:30 PM

Toyota trucks built in Indiana... :hmmm:

GM doesn't recall unless absolutely necessary with arm twisting, or way too many deaths/law suites. F GM.

at least Toyota man's up on it's problems and is in continious improvement process.

recxjake 01-19-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Toyota trucks built in Indiana... :hmmm:

GM doesn't recall unless absolutely necessary with arm twisting, or way too many deaths/law suites. F GM.

at least Toyota man's up on it's problems and is in continious improvement process.

uhh no

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2007 12:47 PM

BREAKING NEWS: GM RECALLS RECXJAKE. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

sedated 01-19-2007 12:48 PM

I'd still take one over any GM product

StcChief 01-19-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
I'd still take one over any GM product

What he said. F GM.

GM would be better off just making a Corvette, Fullsize Truck.
the rest isn't worth owning.

Pants 01-19-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
What he said. F GM.

Yeah, **** GM.

Simplex3 01-19-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

No, it is spam and we all know your motives.

Donger 01-19-2007 01:01 PM

http://www.gmsucks.net/