ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Pick my tasty BBQ lunch today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274915)

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 06:26 AM

Pick my tasty BBQ lunch today

I leave it in your capable hands, CP.

Nickel D 07-30-2013 07:00 AM

Being that I consider Clay to be amongst the worst ever, I prefer he go to JS's.

blaise 07-30-2013 07:06 AM

Oklahoma Joe's pulled pork. No tip, no waitress. The end.

Dave Lane 07-30-2013 07:07 AM

Jack Stack is the suck.

Simply Red 07-30-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9844435)
Jack Stack is the suck.

Totally agree and so should Clay. Go to Gates you idiot!

rageeumr 07-30-2013 07:10 AM

Oklahoma Joe's. Not sure if you've ever been, but I'm going to give you my standard "out-of-towner" suggestions. Go to the original if you want the real experience. You can't go wrong with any of the BBQ, but the Z Man and ribs are personal favs.

I know carbs are concentrated evil in your world, but consider getting the fries. They're my favorite fries in the world, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

The line will be out the door by 11:30 or so, but it typically moves pretty quickly.

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9844440)

I will never, ever go back to Gates.

Lex Luthor 07-30-2013 07:14 AM

It's funny that you ask. I despise Oklahoma Joe's. I simply cannot stand the flavor of their sauce. I've also never understood why people would stand in incredibly long lines at a gas station / convenience store / fast food restaurant to get it.

Occasionally I yield to peer pressure and go there anyway with my regular lunch group at work. We attempted to eat there yesterday, but when we arrived at 11:20 the parking lot was full and the line was practically out the door. So we left and went to Rosedale BBQ instead.

So I got credit for agreeing to eat at Oklahoma Joe's, and then I got to enjoy MUCH BETTER barbecue at Rosedales.

WIN.

Hammock Parties 07-30-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9844442)
Oklahoma Joe's. Not sure if you've ever been, but I'm going to give you my standard "out-of-towner" suggestions. Go to the original if you want the real experience. You can't go wrong with any of the BBQ, but the Z Man and ribs are personal favs.

I know carbs are concentrated evil in your world, but consider getting the fries. They're my favorite fries in the world, and I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

The line will be out the door by 11:30 or so, but it typically moves pretty quickly.

Yeah I'm going to the one in KC. Probably gonna get pulled pork and ribs. And fries.

Dave Lane 07-30-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9844440)

I'm with you. Gates short ends are the things dreams are made of.

Dave Lane 07-30-2013 07:17 AM

Just ask Jason Whilock

rageeumr 07-30-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9844448)
It's funny that you ask. I despise Oklahoma Joe's. I simply cannot stand the flavor of their sauce. I've also never understood why people would stand in incredibly long lines at a gas station / convenience store / fast food restaurant to get it.

Occasionally I yield to peer pressure and go there anyway with my regular lunch group at work. We attempted to eat there yesterday, but when we arrived at 11:20 the parking lot was full and the line was practically out the door. So we left and went to Rosedale BBQ instead.

So I got credit for agreeing to eat at Oklahoma Joe's, and then I got to enjoy MUCH BETTER barbecue at Rosedales.

WIN.

To each his own, obviously, but I've never had a meal at Rosedale that I thought was even halfway decent. I have a client that LOVES it, so I've probably been 10 times. I've tried a bunch of different stuff, but I just don't care for it.

Bearcat 07-30-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9844450)
Yeah I'm going to the one in KC. Probably gonna get pulled pork and ribs. And fries.

Get there by 11... 10:45 is even better.

Dave Lane 07-30-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 9844454)
To each his own, obviously, but I've never had a meal at Rosedale that I thought was even halfway decent. I have a client that LOVES it, so I've probably been 10 times. I've tried a bunch of different stuff, but I just don't care for it.

I have no idea how it stays in business. It's as bad as some of he Carolina BBQ places.

tooge 07-30-2013 07:30 AM

he should Dine on Joey's ass