ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Micjones 05-31-2012 06:59 AM

I've heard that they tweaked the sounds of the crowd by using 5 times as many mics to gather crowd noise.

I also heard that they worked with NFL Films to infuse realistic tackle/blocking sounds.

The Franchise 05-31-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649144)
I've heard that they tweaked the sounds of the crowd by using 5 times as many mics to gather crowd noise.

I also heard that they worked with NFL Films to infuse realistic tackle/blocking sounds.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic....but if you aren't......this is the exact reason why I DON'T buy this ****ing game anymore. The gameplay remains broken as **** and they're putting time and money into making sure the game sounds right. Stupid.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-31-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649040)
I'm wanting to play again, i'll get it.

The Chiefs are going to kill some fools this year.

I wish we'd kills some teams in real life.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8649080)
The top teams, IMO are going to be NE, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Seattle, Carolina, GB, Detroit, and Dallas.

NE and San Fran are by far the two best. They're going to destroy with their lineups for Madden

Yeah, i'm kinda looking forward to it this year, it sounds like they're atleast trying to get back to realism in gameplay & it'll also be nice to have a total defense & offensive line that isnt a bunch of 76's.

Thig Lyfe 05-31-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8648578)
I miss the training camp feature the most. Madden always had a ratings cap on players but when they had training camp it didn't matter what the cap was because you could level them up in training camp.

**** man, I'm actually getting sad thinking about when they took training camp out. That shit was BALLER. It was a great way to focus on improving players, especially your top draft picks, without creating superhuman rating inflation.

RIP TC

Micjones 05-31-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8649486)
I don't know if you're being sarcastic....but if you aren't......this is the exact reason why I DON'T buy this ****ing game anymore. The gameplay remains broken as **** and they're putting time and money into making sure the game sounds right. Stupid.

There were several major gameplay modifications.

What part of the gameplay do you take exception to?

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649726)
There were several major gameplay modifications.

What part of the gameplay do you take exception to?

Not to answer for pest, but one thing i hated was taking away the speed burst, let me decide when to turn on the jets, like real players do.

Quesadilla Joe 05-31-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649741)
Not to answer for pest, but one thing i hated was taking away the speed burst, let me decide when to turn on the jets, like real players do.

You can disable that in the game settings. Same thing for auto-strafe.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8649761)
You can disable that in the game settings. Same thing for auto-strafe.

Ahhh, i see said the blind man.

Micjones 05-31-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649741)

That can be changed though, no?

I like that they addressed LB's jumping out of the stadium to deflect and pick passes off. That was annoying as shit.

lcarus 05-31-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649806)
That can be changed though, no?

I like that they addressed LB's jumping out of the stadium to deflect and pick passes off. That was annoying as shit.

That was the worst part of the game. I throw a pass 30 yards downfield, a LB 15 yards downfield shouldn't be able to intercept it or deflect it.

Kyle DeLexus 05-31-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8649842)
That was the worst part of the game. I throw a pass 30 yards downfield, a LB 15 yards downfield shouldn't be able to intercept it or deflect it.

This along with the defender having his back to you and still knowing exactly where the ball is at all times.

If they really fixed those two and made it where you can lead a receiver in their actual route it'll be worth buying. Also, if they fix playaction that'd be neat too.

ModSocks 05-31-2012 04:32 PM

Im curious to know how the sales figures have changed through the years for Madden.

Micjones 06-01-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8649842)

That was "Madden"-ing (pun intended), but it also made timing a key factor in completing a pass. So to some degree, it was a necessary evil.

Micjones 06-01-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8650058)
This along with the defender having his back to you and still knowing exactly where the ball is at all times.

If they really fixed those two and made it where you can lead a receiver in their actual route it'll be worth buying. Also, if they fix playaction that'd be neat too.

Supposedly the time it takes to complete the PA fake has been shortened up.