ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL-All stars defend Pro Bowl credibility after NFC thrash AFC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269408)

Tribal Warfare 01-28-2013 11:56 AM

NFL-All stars defend Pro Bowl credibility after NFC thrash AFC

NFL-All stars defend Pro Bowl credibility after NFC thrash AFC

Jan 27 (Reuters) - Despite the players' best efforts to give the event a more competitive edge, the NFC cruised to a Pro Bowl
record 62-35 victory over the AFC in Honolulu on Sunday.

The season-ending game that features the league's best players not involved in next Sunday's Super Bowl had come under
fire for being a glorified exhibition and with its future said to be in doubt, those taking part rallied to raise its profile.

NFC tight end Kyle Rudolph rose to the occasion with 122 receiving yards and a touchdown to grab MVP honours, while
rookie quarterback Russell Wilson tossed three scoring passes in a performance he hopes will help secure the game's future.

"I think everyone played really hard," Wilson told reporters.
"Just being around (quarterbacks) Drew Brees, and the Eli and Peyton Mannings of the world is (once in a lifetime). That's
why I hope they keep the Pro Bowl. It's special and means something."
The Pro Bowl offers a welcome trip to Hawaii after a gruelling season but the players were clearly concerned with its
reputation and tenuous status.

AFC defensive tackle J.J. Watt was left with blood splattered across his jersey, proof that he had given his all, while others
went out of their way to exhibit extra effort.
The NFC fell 14-10 behind in the second quarter but took control with 28 straight points.
Eli Manning tossed a pair of TDs while Andrew Luck threw a couple of late scores for the AFC and A.J. Green caught three in
the defeat.

"It's an honour (to be here)," Green said. "I just go out and work as hard as I can. I love this game."
The NFC surpassed the previous high total of 59 points scored by the AFC a year ago that set off complaints about the annual
contest.

"It's extremely important to keep this game for the NFL and all the local Hawaiians," Rudolph said. (Writing by Jahmal
Corner in Los Angeles; Editing by John O'Brien)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-28-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9358331)

AFC defensive tackle J.J. Watt was left with blood splattered across his jersey, proof that he had given his all

What is this, WWE? Did he hide a razor blade in his sock?

Rasputin 01-28-2013 12:17 PM

62-35 that's crediblility.

Maybe if they were allowed play defense then it would get some credibility.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9358421)

All the Pro All Star games are offensive leaning except maybe MLB.

Baseball is harder to fake not trying because its the least physical of all the major sports. Whats a defensive player going to do? Not catch a ball?, not run?, not dive? Will a pitcher not throw hard?

Fish 01-28-2013 12:53 PM

I'm shocked that these people would defend their free paid vacation to Hawaii..........

BourbonMan 01-28-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9358489)
I'm shocked that these people would defend their free paid vacation to Hawaii..........

and not just for them...it's also their 20 to 30 guests of family and friends.

The Franchise 01-28-2013 01:00 PM

Just take it back to a ****ing skills competition and get rid of the game.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-28-2013 02:54 PM

Hey , did anybody realize DJ and Berry both led the AFC in tackles. DJ got a pic for a TD and Berry did something I missed but the box score showed he had an 86 yard INT return but no INT ????? A lot of our 2-14 Defense constantly had the most men on the field all the time, Houston got lots of play time ,him and Tamba were used as cornerbacks. LMAO. Guess thats why we gave up 62 points !

bevischief 01-28-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9358503)
Just take it back to a ****ing skills competition and get rid of the game.

This.

Easy 6 01-28-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9358489)

Ditto

tony77 01-28-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9358421)

So true. The NFL won`t let them play real defense . So what the hell do they expect?