ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My dog ran off (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267331)

memyselfI 12-03-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9176454)
Do you understand how those chips work?

Yes, we had scanners in our office. I understand they are more uniform than they were 5 years ago when I worked with them.

Radar Chief 12-03-2012 01:14 PM

That's what I love about my Catahoula, she knows where her home is.
I was in a hurry leaving for work one day and didn’t get the gate latched. When I came home for lunch the gate was swinging in the breeze and my dog was sitting on the back porch, just staring at an open gate. Good dog.

Sorter 12-03-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176438)
You know, from my experience the dogs didn't care once they were reunited with their owners. Cats don't either. They are just happy to be back home.

It's super cheap and an effective way for your pet to be returned home assuming they are not hit by a car or found and kept by someone else first.

Maybe it is because you're a shit human being and your pets don't love you?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...unno_shrug.gif

Ceej 12-03-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9176269)
So I'm out raking the leaves on this nice day. I have a fenced in back yard so I thought it would be nice if my dog was out with me while I rake. I opened the gate for a split second to grab another leaf bag and BAM, she bolts out full sprint.

I run after her, yelling COME HERE. She turns the block and I lose my line of sight, I run up there and can't see her.

I run back to my house get in my car, drive around for 30 minutes or so and by some miracle, there she is about a mile away from my house and she was just about to run into a damn highway.

I jump out of the car, yelling COME HER SCARLETTE! and she runs up to me and into my car completely out of breath.

I haven't been that worried in a long long time.

I think I need to train her some discipline. Damn, what a way to start the day.

I would...

..the whole thing!

J Diddy 12-03-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9176289)
Her name is all wrong, that's the problem.

Had you named her Thomas Jones, she would go about three yards and then sit (or maybe fall)

glad you found her

ROFL

J Diddy 12-03-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9176479)
I was in a hurry leaving for work one day and didn’t get the gate latched. When I came home for lunch the gate was swinging in the breeze and my dog was sitting on the back porch, just staring at an open gate. Good dog.

I don't know that I can think like a dog but I would be thinking that outside the gate I have to find food, water, and shelter. Inside the gate they are provided for me.

Radar Chief 12-03-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9176493)
I don't know that I can think like a dog but I would be thinking that outside the gate I have to find food, water, and shelter. Inside the gate they are provided for me.

Probably helps that she’s a drop off dog. Someone dropped her and her brother off at the city dump, they got turned over to a local charity dog shelter and that’s where we adopted her.

Bump 12-03-2012 01:32 PM

it makes ya think. If I wasn't in that exact location and that moment in time I may never have found her.

I saw some people walking dogs across the highway and thought she went in this general direction and if she sees those dogs she's gonna run up to them, so I stopped for about a minute to scout the area. Wow and there she was, running along the sidewalk.

She came right to me and into the car once she saw me. Wow, scary.

I have to make sure that never happens again.

J Diddy 12-03-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9176539)
Probably helps that she’s a drop off dog. Someone dropped her and her brother off at the city dump, they got turned over to a local charity dog shelter and that’s where we adopted her.

Good man.

Sorter 12-03-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9176550)
it makes ya think. If I wasn't in that exact location and that moment in time I may never have found her.

I saw some people walking dogs across the highway and thought she went in this general direction and if she sees those dogs she's gonna run up to them, so I stopped for about a minute to scout the area. Wow and there she was, running along the sidewalk.

Glad you found her.

Lucky my dogs are too much of wimps to truly run off. They make it about 2/3 houses down, then are like "**** this, there's no food here" and then come back. ROFL

J Diddy 12-03-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9176550)

One minute too early or late you wouldn't have saw her. One step too quick or too slow you wouldn't have caught her. Gentleman, the inches we need are all around us.

kcfanXIII 12-03-2012 02:20 PM

chief hasn't run of since he was a puppy. the girl i was seeing and myself decided that morning to break things off, she then had to call me at work to tell me my dog was missing... we split up to look for him, and after searching for a little while, i saw her car at a friend's house. that was the time i blew up. did a burnout in her friend's driveway until she came out, then told her to get her shit the **** out of my house. ****ing bitch lets my dog get away and can't help find him? anyways, the neighbors found him a few streets over and i think that was a traumatic enough experience he hasn't run away since.

LiveSteam 12-03-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9176281)
Same thing happened to my goldfish.

LMAO

Saul Good 12-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9176466)
Yes, we had scanners in our office. I understand they are more uniform than they were 5 years ago when I worked with them.

It's not like they stop your pets from running away or even track them. All they do is give information about the owner in the event that they are found and someone thinks to take them somewhere to be scanned.

DJ's left nut 12-03-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9176479)

I have labradors, one of whom used to be a runner, but he's mellowed quite a bit.

About 5 years ago he and my other lab (the good one) broke out. Patton, being my turnkey labrador, went around to the front door and barked at it so we would let him in. He went out the gate, went to the front door and essentially rang the door bell.

The other one (Rommel), OTOH, took off. It took us hours to find him. A couple years after that, he bolted while I was at work (Patton, of course, stayed in the yard). I rode home on the bike and he came darting out of the woods as I pulled into the driveway. Both of them recognize the sound of the motorcycle so I figure Rommel just decided he was done for the day when he heard the bike.

Nowadays they're both pretty mellow and our puppy (MacArthur) wouldn't go anywhere without Rommel; those two are frick and frack. At Halloween, they'd both stretch their necks out as far as they could when people came to the door for a pat here and there, but they knew they weren't allowed on the stoop.

It sure is nice not having to play goalie anymore. That shit is exhausting.