ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Just got back from Peru.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=156417)

Joe Seahawk 01-10-2007 09:27 AM

Just got back from Peru..

Wow! what a fantastic place! I saw the
Inca ruins at Machupichu, ollatuntumbo, Pisac, Chinchero as well as the sacred valley of the incas. The Incan society was truly amazing.

We also visited the coast and stayed at a fantastic beach in a town called Punta Sal near the Ecuador border, very remote but breathtakingly beautiful.

They don't have much interest in American football however.. It took me until Tuesday to find out what happened in the Seahawk game, it was killing me! I also just found out the Chiefs made the playoffs that was a bit suprising but congrats (I guess?).

Anyway I have some pics that I can post once I resize them..

Dartgod 01-10-2007 09:47 AM

Sounds like a great trip.

You missed a crazy ending to the Seahawks/Cowboys game. Congrat's to your team for advancing.

You can send a thank you card to Romo at:

Tony Romo
%Cowboys Center
1 Cowboys Parkway
Irving, TX 75063-4727

Delano 01-10-2007 09:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, how did you get that trip set up? Did you go through a travel agency or figure it out on your own?

Redrum_69 01-10-2007 09:51 AM

Inca poonanny is the best

dirk digler 01-10-2007 09:57 AM

Wow that sounds like an awesome trip. I would love to see the photos.

Joe Seahawk 01-10-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano
Just out of curiosity, how did you get that trip set up? Did you go through a travel agency or figure it out on your own?

We have some connections down there as my wife was an exchange student there in high school. for my family of four it cost us about $7,500 for airfare (to Lima as well as several in country flights), all the tours and lodging.. The house we stayed at in Punta Sal was sitting right on the beach for $130 american per night ( 4 bedrooms sleeps 10) :eek: The power went out every day we were there and the water was gravity fed from a tank on the roof so the house was far from state of the art but it was still awesome..

I'll see if I can find some contact info on our agent for you if you're interested, she was awesome we had a train problem on our way back from Machupichu and she sent a bus to the train to pick us up, we were the first ones to get off. The train from Cusco to Machu pichu is frikkin hairy! The US would never allow a train to operate on those tracks.

el borracho 01-10-2007 10:20 AM

I wondered about your absence here, especially with your team in the playoffs. Looks like you had the perfect excuse- I'm jealous. I can't wait to see the photos.

el borracho 01-10-2007 10:23 AM

Recap of the end of the Seahawk game:

Seahawks took the lead, late. Looked like the 'girls would retake the lead with just over a minute left but the Seahawks held them to a field goal attempt from the 1.5 yard line. The 'girls holder (Romo) fumbled the ball. The Seahawks managed one first down but punted the ball back to Dallas with only 2 seconds left. Hail Mary pass fell dead in the endzone.

Rain Man 01-10-2007 11:55 AM

Sounds like a cool trip! I'd definitely be interested in getting more detail since I've been idly pondering a trip to that part of the world.

Joe Seahawk 01-10-2007 12:47 PM

I'm trying to upload some pics to snapfish but it keeps timing out..

dirk digler 01-10-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk
I'm trying to upload some pics to snapfish but it keeps timing out..

Hurry up dammit!!

:p

Mecca 01-10-2007 12:49 PM

Well atleast you didn't get kidnapped........

How many Peru hookers did you come across?

BucEyedPea 01-10-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Sounds like a cool trip! I'd definitely be interested in getting more detail since I've been idly pondering a trip to that part of the world.

Yeah me too!

But I was afraid of the Shining Path in the area for safety reasons.
May Joe can comment on the security.

elvomito 01-10-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk
...The power went out every day we were there and the water was gravity fed from a tank on the roof so the house was far from state of the art but it was still awesome.....

thats one thing i noticed about those little towns.. if there was sunlight in the day and not too overcast, the electricity was shut off. i guess they figure you don't need it.
Did you spend any time in Lima, such as Miraflores, etc? i love that place

Redrum_69 01-10-2007 02:16 PM

When I go to Peru...I'm going to stock up on Andes Mints...