ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   If we cant get a QB in the 1st... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254738)

NIUhuskies 01-07-2012 08:31 AM

If we cant get a QB in the 1st...

I want this dude paired up with Charles...goodness, itd be scary

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/abk3HgvwEeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump 01-07-2012 10:12 AM

I could live with that

Munson 01-07-2012 10:26 AM

I agree. If he's still available, he'll be the BPA for sure.

Direckshun 01-07-2012 03:34 PM

I don't know. Didn't he have extensive ankle surgery years ago?

I need to do more reading on him. I've just flat accepted that he won't be a Chief, but his floor is incredibly high and we did take Berry. So who knows.

Molitoth 01-10-2012 01:34 PM

All I've heard around here was "JC needs more carries"... and now we want to spend a 1st round pick on another guy who will take carries away.

There are other positions in higher need than RB, imo. I will be pissed if we spend a 1st on a RB.

morphius 01-10-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8282751)
All I've heard around here was "JC needs more carries"... and now we want to spend a 1st round pick on another guy who will take carries away.

There are other positions in higher need than RB, imo. I will be pissed if we spend a 1st on a RB.

Maybe he'll just take carries away from Jones :D

Tribal Warfare 01-10-2012 11:27 PM

IMO realistically, depending what happens in FA( resigning Carr, and signing Solai) the 1st rounder will either be a CB or a NT.

Royal Fanatic 01-10-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

If you had posted this a year ago, it might have made a little sense. Jamaal Charles was healthy and Thomas Jones was a year younger.

The Chiefs need another GOOD running back to complement Charles next year. Jackie Battle is not the answer, and neither is Dexter.

ArrowheadMagic 01-11-2012 12:02 AM

Grab Polk in the 2nd if you want a back to pair with Charles. Figure out what position you want to play Hudson at. If its C then DeCastro would be a decent, positional value aside, pick. Outside of RT, NT and QB, what other position needs a starter? After the top 2 QB's are there any 1st rd QB's? ILB would be a candidate, again, positional value.

Poor QB class when we need a QB, go figure.

Chiefnj2 01-11-2012 09:23 AM

If they can't come to an agreement with Carr, there is good value at CB.

ModSocks 01-11-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8284416)
IMO realistically, depending what happens in FA( resigning Carr, and signing Solai) the 1st rounder will either be a CB or a NT.

It won't be a NT. Forget about it. We have good young NT's on the roster that need to be developed further.

We're not even one season removed from a draft in Which everyone wanted Powe and thought he could man the NT position for years to come. Well now that we've got him, everyone just wants to forget about that.

Gordon showed significant development. He and Powe only stand to get better.

htismaqe 01-11-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8285559)
It won't be a NT. Forget about it. We have good young NT's on the roster that need to be developed further.

We're not even one season removed from a draft in Which everyone wanted Powe and thought he could man the NT position for years to come. Well now that we've got him, everyone just wants to forget about that.

We selected Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee in the same draft, while having Dorsey on the roster.

I don't think anybody on the roster is going to keep them from drafting "their guy".

whoman69 01-13-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8284334)
Maybe he'll just take carries away from Jones :D

Jones will not be an issue going forward. Chiefs are not going to resign him. I would say 1st is too high for a complimentary runner. I think Charles was used well last year. Even with the carries he had, there was a period towards the end of the year he seemed to grind down. I wouldn't use him more.

whoman69 01-13-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8285559)

Gordon is 30 years old and an FA. Unless he asks for starter pay he could be resigned fairly cheap. It is a position where we could use competition, as its been the weak point of the defense since we've moved to 3-4 and is the biggest thing keeping this defense from being elite, not just top 10. Powe is a 6th rounder that really hasn't shown anything yet. He was considered very raw and a project.