ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So with Jon Baldwin kicking ass in OTAs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259943)

RealSNR 05-28-2012 02:28 PM

So with Jon Baldwin kicking ass in OTAs...

1. **** all the haters last year and this offseason. He's not a diva. You're all divas for having your period thinking he's a diva. Has he proven shit yet? No, but he sounds focused, studied, in shape, and beastly. He's CLEARLY taken the steps to make himself an elite player, exhibiting very un-diva-like behavior. As long as he keeps this up (no reason to expect him not to) I don't see any possible way that he could turn into a bust because he didn't work hard enough, didn't do the right things, or isn't good enough. Basically, the football skills are there. And he's never ****ing had behavioral problems. Go fist a cow, dumbasses. Thomas Jones is a punk ass pillowbitergot who should have gotten his dick ripped off after he pulled that shit last year.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Haven't seen the thread. Either way, check out this interview:
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_ho...a?id=144585461

Bunch of player-speak and Patriot way language. But with his fantastic practices and now this, it sounds like the dude flat-out gets it. He understands football, and he understands this team.

2. If Baldwin performs like I think he's capable of performing this next season, we are ****ing stacked at receiver. Nobody knows what the hell is going on with Bowe, but if Murphy's Law goes into effect and Bowe really wants triple digits on his new contract or something, we should show no hesitation to rally behind Baldwin for a season. Baldwin and Breaston isn't the same thing as Bowe and Breaston, but that's still a deadly top-2 WR combination. It's better than the Turds and Chargers in our division, and if Baldwin does what I think he can do, I think those two are better than Thomas and Decker. And I think Decker's a pretty damn good receiver.

But let's think happy thoughts instead. Bowe wants to play in KC. He said that much. It's very likely we'll get the damn contract done. And when we do get the contract done, I think we'll see the Killer Bs (lol getit amirite?) that we thought we were gonna see last year. Hell, I think we'll see a 3-WR combination that's top 5 in the league. No question.

Okie_Apparition 05-28-2012 02:31 PM

This ain't putting prune sherbet in my bowl

Ace Gunner 05-28-2012 02:32 PM

baldwin is going to be a man among boys soon. he'll be the best WR this team has had since otis.

SuperChief 05-28-2012 02:33 PM

I like you.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-28-2012 02:34 PM

Soooo.... What are ya tryin to say, just spit it out.

bevischief 05-28-2012 02:35 PM

With Cassel?

-King- 05-28-2012 02:36 PM

Wait, is his name Jonathan or Jonathon? It's spelled Jonathon on the locker.

Nightfyre 05-28-2012 02:36 PM

Baldwin has Fitz-type upside, physically.

Rausch 05-28-2012 02:37 PM

I definitely think he's got the right attitude.

That said I'm not ready to hand our offense over to him...

BigMeatballDave 05-28-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8643606)
baldwin is going to be a man among boys soon. he'll be the best WR this team has had since otis.

Yeah, can't compare him to Bowe because we all know he sucks...

notorious 05-28-2012 03:02 PM

I still think that Baldwin was drafted to replace Bowe.

okcchief 05-28-2012 03:05 PM

We saw flashes. I'll be interested to see what he can do with OTA's and a full training camp.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-28-2012 03:06 PM

Baldwinning Blackberry Blast

RealSNR 05-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8643610)
Soooo.... What are ya tryin to say, just spit it out.

If you want me to be honest, I wanted to create an "I told you so!" thread to the people who think Baldwin sucks. But then I would have gotten nothing but, "IT'S JUST OTAS LOL". So I turned it into this thread.

RealSNR 05-28-2012 03:18 PM

If he plays 16 games, Baldwin's got 1000 yards wrapped up. No question. And that's taking into account the Cassel factor too.