ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Are You a Championship Father??? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189404)

teedubya 08-19-2008 11:43 PM

Are You a Championship Father???

I think it is important to be a good role model to your kids, and learn as much as possible about being a great parent.

Well, I subscribe to the newsletter at www.fathers.com which is a foundation based out of Kansas City.

They are having a Championship father Weekend, this weekend. Here is the information.

BTW, they are also having these in other cities, so check out the site. It is this Friday night and Saturday morning. If you have kids, look into it.

http://www.fathers.com/onlineBrochur...sBrochure.html

What are some of your top Father advice / tips/ etc?

L.A. Chieffan 08-19-2008 11:46 PM

I keeps a private jet

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-19-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 4928731)
What are some of your top Father advice / tips/ etc?

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.

Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

teedubya 08-19-2008 11:54 PM

Here is additional information... Oh, and it's free to go.

Resources for all Championship Fathering Events
Video
Downloadable version of 1:22 minute video
Windows Media File; medium resolution - 4.3 MB;
to download, right click and save to your computer

Downloadable version of 1:22 minute video
Quicktime File; higher resolution - 9 MB;
to download, right click and save to your computer

Online Promotional Brochure to Forward via Email
a short animated version of the brochure that finishes on our Championship Fathering registration page. Also a good link to email to your men that will encourage them to register and attend.
Leadership Team Manual
a 72-page pdf document; 660 KB

What is Championship Fathering All About?
Church Contact Log
an excel chart to be used by Church and Community Ambassdors to tract activity
Sponsorship Levels
Sponsorship Response Form
Championship Fathering Flier
PDF File
JPG File
Bulletin and Newsletter Announcements
fathers.com logo
Specific Events
Kansas City, MO
August 22-23, 2008
First Baptist Raytown
Mail In Registration Form
Bulletin and Newsletter Announcements
DOC File
Posters
JPG File
Brochure
New Brochure Design! (PDF)
PDF File - 2 per page
PDF File - 4 per page
JPG File
Slide for PowerPoint
PPT File

007 08-19-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4928744)
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older.

Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

:spock::)

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-19-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4928748)
:spock::)

Personal grooming and the do's and don'ts are very important.

Now, Guru, you've got to wear clothes in proportion to your physique. There are definite do and don'ts, good buddy, of wearing a bold striped shirt. A bold stripe shirt calls for solid colored or discreetly patterned suits and ties. Always tip the stylist 15%. Listen, Guru, I've gotta go, T. Boone Pickens just walked in. Just joking. Don't tip the owner of the salon. Okay Guru? Right? Got it.

Phobia 08-20-2008 12:00 AM

Man, I wish I had time to go to that. I think I'm a quality father but I know I have room for improvement as well.

007 08-20-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4928754)
Personal grooming and the do's and don'ts are very important.

Now, Guru, you've got to wear clothes in proportion to your physique. There are definite do and don'ts, good buddy, of wearing a bold striped shirt. A bold stripe shirt calls for solid colored or discreetly patterned suits and ties. Always tip the stylist 15%. Listen, Guru, I've gotta go, T. Boone Pickens just walked in. Just joking. Don't tip the owner of the salon. Okay Guru? Right? Got it.

ROFL

I just use soap and shampoo. Good to go everyday. heh

007 08-20-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4928755)
Man, I wish I had time to go to that. I think I'm a quality father but I know I have room for improvement as well.

We all could. Been reading the site and very pleased to see a lot of my own convictions being broadcast there. Makes me feel like I am at least on the right track.

morphius 08-20-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4928758)
ROFL

and you probably even wash your legs.

L.A. Chieffan 08-20-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4928758)
ROFL

Guru, where do you tan?

007 08-20-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 4928766)
Guru, where do you tan?

Nope. I just burn.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-20-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4928770)
Nope. I just burn.

Really. Impressive.

J Diddy 08-20-2008 12:22 AM

good site

thanks

L.A. Chieffan 08-20-2008 12:25 AM

Come on, Ari. There are a lot more important problems than being a good father to worry about.