ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273501)

Sure-Oz 05-02-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10598846)
I went ahead and got the "Left Behind" addition and played through it. JMO, but it wasn't worth it at all. It was short and the game play content wasn't nearly as good as the main storyline. Others may enjoy it though.

Its probably a $5 addon not $15....but everyone wants more

kepp 05-02-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10598925)
Its probably a $5 addon not $15....but everyone wants more

Yeah, $5 would probably be about right.

The Franchise 07-29-2014 05:05 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAhT9gbmOtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start it at 29:45. There was an epilogue that wasn't filmed. Here's the overview of the epilogue.

Quote:

The scene finds Joel and Ellie, the two protagonists of The Last of Us, living at the dam where Tommy, Joel’s brother, was holed up. Joel mentions to Ellie that Tommy is trying to get him to tie the knot with a woman at the camp named Esther. But Ellie seems distant — perhaps because of her suspicions that Joel was lying to her about what happened in Salt Lake City. Joel brings out his guitar and plays a song for Ellie about their journey together, and he is “clearly communicating how important she is to him,” according to one report. Ellie warms to Joel, and he tells her a cringe-worthy pun that could’ve come from one of her joke books: “What’s the downside of eating a clock? It’s time-consuming.” They laugh, and then Joel hands her his guitar and promises to teach her how to play, before leaving the room. Ellie strums one note on the guitar as the scene ends.

Gonzo 07-29-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10774053)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAhT9gbmOtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start it at 29:45. There was an epilogue that wasn't filmed. Here's the overview of the epilogue.

Huh. Sometimes I forget how beautiful this game is.

Ash 07-30-2014 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am ready to play just got my PS4 and copy of the last of us never owned ps3 just xbox 360. I Got xbox one at release but was looking for an excuse to add the PS4 to gaming room. With the pc rig I bought and all the consoles its eaten up a good chunk of disposable income this year. I cant wait to dive in to this game always wanted to play it since last year.

Gonzo 07-30-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 10776630)
I am ready to play just got my PS4 and copy of the last of us never owned ps3 just xbox 360. I Got xbox one at release but was looking for an excuse to add the PS4 to gaming room. With the pc rig I bought and all the consoles its eaten up a good chunk of disposable income this year. I cant wait to dive in to this game always wanted to play it since last year.

Say goodbye to your family for the next couple days. You won't be able to put it down.

Sure-Oz 07-30-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10774075)
Huh. Sometimes I forget how beautiful this game is.

It really is the best game i've ever played. No story has stuck to me from a game like 'The Last of Us'. this live performance was great to watch as well.

Sassy Squatch 08-01-2014 06:01 AM

Generator made me shit my pants.

SuperChief 08-01-2014 12:08 PM

Just played through the opening sequence of TLOU:R - even though I've played through this game twice on PS3, I still got suuuuuuper emotional. If this is the future of video games, I'm all ****ing in.

Sure-Oz 08-01-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10787937)
Generator made me shit my pants.

Lol basically

Gonzo 08-02-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10788453)
Just played through the opening sequence of TLOU:R - even though I've played through this game twice on PS3, I still got suuuuuuper emotional. If this is the future of video games, I'm all ****ing in.

I don't see how anyone can improve on a game like this. I used to play 1ps games, sports games etc. But then I played the Uncharted trilogy.
After that, I was hooked on games with a storyline. Naughty Dog is pure excellence. They really take pride in their games.
TLOU should be the example for others from here on out.

Sure-Oz 08-02-2014 08:39 PM

Naughty Dog does everything right....uncharted series was my favorite and tlou blew me away. I expect uncharted 4 to blow me away with druckman taking over. I want more tlou in a diff story

Sassy Squatch 08-03-2014 05:44 AM

Good thing the game ended the way it did. So many possibilities for a sequel.

Sassy Squatch 08-03-2014 07:38 AM

One thing that bothers me is that at the end of the game Joel picks up an assault rifle to use. Why the **** didn't he pick up the soldiers weapons in the outskirts?

Quesadilla Joe 08-04-2014 07:44 AM

Just had my best multiplayer game, got 17 downs with 17 executions and 1 death. The Burst Rifle is amazing once it's fully upgraded LMAO