ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

KC_Connection 01-15-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371093)
I've been wondering about one incident in that game. Do you guys remember when somebody (Niang?) hit Tharpe in the eye and Tharpe had to stop dribbling. They let him take a few seconds and then they let KU inbound again. I don't recall them looking at the monitors to see if it was a flagrant. Why didn't they? And did they even call it a foul?

Only reason was because the game was at Hilton. Wasn't any kind of surprise, but it was even more one sided than usual. To an almost ridiculous extent.

DJay23 01-15-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371093)
I've been wondering about one incident in that game. Do you guys remember when somebody (Niang?) hit Tharpe in the eye and Tharpe had to stop dribbling. They let him take a few seconds and then they let KU inbound again. I don't recall them looking at the monitors to see if it was a flagrant. Why didn't they? And did they even call it a foul?

I wondered that in the game thread. Niang was called for the foul and then picked up a foul playing half court D right away. I thought any time a player is hit in the head they were supposed to review it. At least that's the way it's been treated in KU's games this season.

The other play where Perry got a rebound and appeared to be thrown to the ground...I don't know, I think he was falling back into the guy and he actually helped Perry to the ground rather than dropping him. That's what it seemed like to me. He had him kind of awkwardly around the neck though which made it look worse than it was.

excessive 01-15-2014 01:22 PM

I thought this was interesting.

CAMPUS CORNER
More about KU's alternate basketball jerseys
January 14
BY RUSTIN DODD
The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE — So what's the deal with Kansas' recent run of throwback uniforms? That was a popular question on Monday night as No. 15 Kansas took down No. 8 Iowa State 77-70 in Ames.

For the second straight game, the Jayhawks wore an alternate uniform, this time a road grey uniform with a white "Kansas" in circus font on the front. Just two days earlier, KU wore a cream-colored alternate jersey with a cursive "Jayhawks" on the front.

They are the latest alternate jersey released by Adidas, KU’s uniform supplier, and KU officials say the Jayhawks will wear them intermittently through next season. It's not the first time Kansas has worn alternate jerseys. You might remember those Zubaz inspired shorts and tops from last season. Last June, Kansas renewed its partnership with Adidas through 2019, signing a six-year extension worth in excess of $26 million.

"We decided in late summer that we would have two more uniforms to wear throughout the year,&" KU coach Bill Self said. "Although a little different in color, both are definitely traditional from the fonts used in past going back several decades. We're excited about it. We'll be rotating the uniforms throughout the rest of the season."

On his radio show on Tuesday night, Self added that you might see the alternates even more than previously expected. Self said KU's current uniform design was his least favorite since he arrived at KU and he hoped to wear the alternates as much as possible.

One interesting thing about the road greys: The jerseys appear to have pinstripes, but the stripes are actually a series of words about the KU program:

According to KU, the stripes read: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

So that's the deal with the new uniforms. So far, Kansas is a perfect 2-0 in the new threads. Maybe we'll see them even more.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/14...#storylink=cpy

Lzen 01-15-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 10371576)
According to KU, the stripes read: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

That's fantastic! :thumb:

saphojunkie 01-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371604)
That's fantastic! :thumb:

Yes it is.

:KU::KU::KU::KU::KU:

Buehler445 01-15-2014 01:40 PM

****ing awesome!

Reerun_KC 01-15-2014 02:07 PM

In this game you don't get what you want, you get what you BOOOOOOOOO /Rusty and his Cronies.

Lzen 01-15-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10371680)
In this game you don't get what you want, you get what you BOOOOOOOOO /Rusty and his Cronies.

ROFL
Ok rerun we get it. You can stop the boo now.

Imon Yourside 01-15-2014 03:55 PM

I would like to BOOOO this thread but I just can't bring myself to do it....RCJHGKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC 01-15-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371882)
ROFL
Ok rerun we get it. You can stop the boo now.

Okay..... :usa:

Bambi 01-15-2014 05:04 PM

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/15...0/802/g0kj.png

Titty Meat 01-15-2014 07:29 PM

Off topic since there is no college basketball thread.

Why the **** is every TCU game on the Big 12 network?

BWillie 01-15-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10372154)
Off topic since there is no college basketball thread.

Why the **** is every TCU game on the Big 12 network?

Because nobody knows what the Big 12 Network is, or that TCU has a basketball team.

Buehler445 01-15-2014 09:18 PM

FWIW, Baylor is getting BEAT DOWN 49-29 @ TT. 15 min left in the 2nd

Brianfo 01-15-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10372302)
FWIW, Baylor is getting BEAT DOWN 49-29 @ TT. 15 min left in the 2nd

Baylor sucks. Clones proved that. Think it's KU, OSU, KState, and ISU. There will be some tough losses along the way, but those 4 teams make tourney. AM I wrong??