ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone familiar with Denver and surrounding areas? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274087)

Shag 06-25-2013 07:31 AM

Anyone familiar with Denver and surrounding areas?

Going to be in Denver at the end of July, and looking for some suggestions on things to do. Currently have a Red Rocks show and a game a Rockies game scheduled, but have a few other days yet to schedule. Looking for a variety of things - outdoors fun (rafting, 4 wheeling, horseback riding), and at least a day of relaxing at some sort of resort/hotel.

- What are some good day trips out of Denver? Don't necessarily need to be back to Denver for lodging - could stay outside of Denver for a night or two.

- Recommendations for some reasonably priced resort-type places in the area? Would love to get out of town a bit for this, have nice mountain views, and a nice pool/springs area to lay out and relax. No kids involved, so somewhere more adult oriented would be ideal.

Side note: the person I'm going with does seem to have some issues with altitude sickness, so if you have suggestions that don't involve going high into the mountains, please include those, as well.

Thanks!

In58men 06-25-2013 07:33 AM

Peyton Manning

patteeu 06-25-2013 07:36 AM

I bet ChiefInDenver, Denver Duster, Denver Mike, DenverChief, DenverChiefsFan, DenverDanChiefsFan, DenverFan97, DenversKCFan, and DonInDenver know something about this subject.

DaFace probably does too. He knows something about everything.

Buck 06-25-2013 07:39 AM

Drive to the top of Mt Evans. I was just there 2.5 weeks ago. Pretty ****ing amazing.

mr. tegu 06-25-2013 07:40 AM

Go here.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/Casa_Bonita.jpg

patteeu 06-25-2013 07:40 AM

The mile high city just got a little higher.

loochy 06-25-2013 07:41 AM

The local football team is craptacular

Donger 06-25-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 9773997)
Side note: the person I'm going with does seem to have some issues with altitude sickness, so if you have suggestions that don't involve going high into the mountains, please include those, as well.

Thanks!

It would be helpful if you would provide more details on this.

tredadda 06-25-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Going to be in Denver at the end of July, and looking for some suggestions on things to do. Currently have a Red Rocks show and a game a Rockies game scheduled, but have a few other days yet to schedule. Looking for a variety of things - outdoors fun (rafting, 4 wheeling, horseback riding), and at least a day of relaxing at some sort of resort/hotel.

- What are some good day trips out of Denver? Don't necessarily need to be back to Denver for lodging - could stay outside of Denver for a night or two.

- Recommendations for some reasonably priced resort-type places in the area? Would love to get out of town a bit for this, have nice mountain views, and a nice pool/springs area to lay out and relax. No kids involved, so somewhere more adult oriented would be ideal.

Thanks!

If you don't mind hippies, you could go to the Flatirons in Boulder. Or 16th St Mall which is always good for the odd sights that usually hang out there. Or you could check out Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Colorado Springs is just over an hour away from Denver and there is plenty to do including Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and Seven Falls etc....

edit: just saw the altitude sickness thing, so avoid Pikes Peak.

BlackHelicopters 06-25-2013 07:46 AM

Visit a physician first thing.

ptlyon 06-25-2013 07:49 AM

Take a dump in the front of Invesco field or whatever the **** they call it nowadays. Post the results.

cosmo20002 06-25-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Would love to get out of town a bit for this, have nice mountain views, and a nice pool/springs area to lay out and relax. No kids involved, so somewhere more adult oriented would be ideal.

Go somewhere else closer to sea level. Honestly, this person seems like a high-maintenance drama queen.

loochy 06-25-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9774031)
Go somewhere else closer to sea level. Honestly, this person seems like a high-maintenance drama queen.

if you want mountains without altitude, go to arkansas or tennesee or something

tooge 06-25-2013 08:02 AM

Be sure to take a dump in the parking lot of investco field

patteeu 06-25-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9774041)
if you want mountains without altitude, go to arkansas or tennesee or something

At the end of July, I'd just abandon the mountain idea and go find a nice lake in Minnesota.