ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Omaha 01-31-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368463)
so I rock out on the Planet Fitness treadmill and can do my routine no problems...of course I'm beat afterwards but I'm usually not on the verge of death

I do the same routine at my hotel fitness center from time to time and it tells me I run the same distance and I do the same times...BUT IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. It's like almost twice as hard for me to finish. I still finish, but at the end...I wonder why I'm so ****ing killed on one treadmill and not on the other?

Are all threadmills not created equally?

Incline?

Hootie 01-31-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9368828)
Incline?

no...same quick start settings as usual

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9368575)
Very Interesting. I have been looking at ideas for overload benching and while bands are obviously used, they are a pain to setup in the racks at most gyms that are powerlifting type gyms.

Have you used the slingshot in your training?

Yeah, I love it for 2 reasons. When I was recovering from my rotator cuff tear this allowed me to bench pain free and I also use it for 2 additional sets after my normal 3 on bench. It takes a few workouts to get used to, but a few power lifters in my gym turned me on to it and I've turned a few guys in there on to it as well. Everyone seems to love it, especially guys with existing shoulder injuries that like the support it provides.

lewdog 02-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9369608)
Yeah, I love it for 2 reasons. When I was recovering from my rotator cuff tear this allowed me to bench pain free and I also use it for 2 additional sets after my normal 3 on bench. It takes a few workouts to get used to, but a few power lifters in my gym turned me on to it and I've turned a few guys in there on to it as well. Everyone seems to love it, especially guys with existing shoulder injuries that like the support it provides.

I will probably give it a shot and I would definitely use it after some regular sets. I really expected it to be more expensive, so I can definitely swing the purchase. Which version would you recommend?

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9371293)
I will probably give it a shot and I would definitely use it after some regular sets. I really expected it to be more expensive, so I can definitely swing the purchase. Which version would you recommend?

I have the original and prefer it. I tried the maddog, but it's almost too much assistance. It's basically double ply of the original. It's hard just getting your hands a part for the grip with the maddog.

penguinz 02-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9371459)
I have the original and prefer it. I tried the maddog, but it's almost too much assistance. It's basically double ply of the original. It's hard just getting your hands a part for the grip with the maddog.

How does this device compare to a bench shirt?

Buehler445 02-01-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368463)
so I rock out on the Planet Fitness treadmill and can do my routine no problems...of course I'm beat afterwards but I'm usually not on the verge of death

I do the same routine at my hotel fitness center from time to time and it tells me I run the same distance and I do the same times...BUT IT BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. It's like almost twice as hard for me to finish. I still finish, but at the end...I wonder why I'm so ****ing killed on one treadmill and not on the other?

Are all threadmills not created equally?

Yeah, some could have resistance or slippage I'd guess. Is one a worn out POS?

BigCatDaddy 02-01-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9371486)
How does this device compare to a bench shirt?

Similar concept, but a hell of a lot easier to get on and off. It doesn't really provide resistance going down like shirt does it just holds your form a little better and gives you a little boost at the bottom of the rep. I can do 325 for 3-4 reps raw with the slingshot I can do 8-10,

el borracho 02-03-2013 10:03 AM

Trying to add deadlifts into my routine this year. Starting out super-light but should know if my back can take it in a month or two.

Omaha 02-04-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9374159)
Trying to add deadlifts into my routine this year. Starting out super-light but should know if my back can take it in a month or two.

I'm doing the same thing. I hurt my back doing them over a year ago and it's still not right. I'm trying to fix my back by learning to do that motion with proper form. I had a 30 minute session with a crossfit trainer dedicated to proper deadlift technique & it has helped me a lot. Good luck!

Omaha 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9374159)

I also just ordered Magnificent Mobility after reading some impressive reviews. Hopefully that helps, too.

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9377386)
I'm doing the same thing. I hurt my back doing them over a year ago and it's still not right. I'm trying to fix my back by learning to do that motion with proper form. I had a 30 minute session with a crossfit trainer dedicated to proper deadlift technique & it has helped me a lot. Good luck!

No real problems so far- just sore glutes, lol. Hope you are having similar success.

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:29 PM

Anyone ever tried the Russian bench program? What were the results?

Also, what routine should one go to after completing the Russian bench program? I have heard it is a bit rough on the joints.

Omaha 02-09-2013 12:15 AM

I've figured out that I have an anterior pelvic tilt from sitting at a desk all day. I've started trying to isolate and activate glutes and hammies and stretch hip flexors and quads.

Omaha 02-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9388728)
I've figured out that I have an anterior pelvic tilt from sitting at a desk all day. I've started trying to isolate and activate glutes and hammies and stretch hip flexors and quads.

Rolling out my quads is excruciating but my back feels great every time I get done. I hope I'm on to something here.