ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

KcMizzou 05-16-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10633952)
This is why my interest in games has been wavering lately. I can't stand online gameplay unless it is online coop. I want stories. Games with a heart and soul to them. Everything else is a complete waste of time for me.

Agreed.

BryanBusby 05-16-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

This is why my interest in games has been wavering lately. I can't stand online gameplay unless it is online coop. I want stories. Games with a heart and soul to them. Everything else is a complete waste of time for me.

It's not just you. Online gaming is pretty much terrible and eventually you get tired of playing shootermans with 12 year olds that finally figured out how to cuss.

It seems gaming has gone away from trying to immerse the player into a well developed world into hey cool here's some ****ing guns bro and hey cool this dog has body armor on and has guns too.

Pants 05-16-2014 08:33 PM

There are other games besides COD and BF, you guys.

-King- 05-16-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10634190)

Exactly.

Pants 05-16-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10634200)
Exactly.

Case in point: the last title I played on my 360 was GTA:V.

That was a sublime SP experience which you could totally take at your own pace.

kcxiv 05-16-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

im with you on that. this is how it feels now playing the story modes on FPS Games...

http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/wp-con...map-design.png

kcxiv 05-16-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10634121)
It's not just you. Online gaming is pretty much terrible and eventually you get tired of playing shootermans with 12 year olds that finally figured out how to cuss.

It seems gaming has gone away from trying to immerse the player into a well developed world into hey cool here's some ****ing guns bro and hey cool this dog has body armor on and has guns too.

Its why my only FPS game i really play is Planetside 2. HUGE freaking maps. 50 on 50 sometimes 100 on 100 maybe even more and its just pure chaos! Well, i play DayZ but i play in 3rd person! so i can not count it as and FPS lol

I play only 1 console game these days and thats Super Street Fighter IV.

007 05-16-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10634190)

of course there are. Nobody said otherwise. Its just that online gameplay is taking over and killing what made games great. Why bother with putting together a thought provoking story when we can just give them these insanely large maps and they can go kill each other.

I'm so thankful for Naughty Dog. They get it. uncharted, Last of Us were oustanding. Looking forward to the next unique IP they do as well as their sequels. They put a lot of heart and soul into their games. Batman Arkham Asylum is another great example of how a story enhances the game experience. Tomb Raider was outstanding story telling and gameplay. I just hope they don't stop with that one outing. It didn't sell well for some damn reason. At least, not until they made the price dirt cheap. Oh, and one last one. Red Dead Redemption.

I know GTA gets a lot of notice but every time I try it I just can't get into it. probably because I just don't like the subject matter of it.

I used to love COD but it just went to shit. Kind of like Madden. just the same shit over and over and over. Battlefield as well.

Outside of the games I listed, I cannot think of any games I truly enjoyed as much.

Anyong Bluth 05-16-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10633927)
Are the "early adopters" here upset about the XBOX One for $400 without the Kinect?

I probably wouldn't have bought one by now anyway, but this makes it more attractive to me. I have no interest in the Kinect.

Nope. But I have no doubt that some will be if for nothing more than just wanting to pay less or get something for nothing. ..

Anyong Bluth 05-16-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10633946)
Sunset Overdrive looks amazing...and it's Insomniac.

Easy sell.

Saw the promos for it months ago and thought it looked fantastic and will be a blast to play.

htismaqe 05-16-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Same here. I never play online. Too many 14-year old potty mouths.

Jerm 05-16-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10633955)
Jerm you have both: Do I build another pc or do I go ps4?

Not sure what to do here. Do you play Dayz with Hometeam and Buck?

I tried the PC route but just couldn't do it for long...went back to console gaming and PS4/Wii U. Definitely picking up that XB1 on the 9th though and it'll be my primary machine.

I think DayZ will eventually come to consoles and if it doesn't, the rumored State of Decay sequel is a MMO, sounds similar. There's H1Z1 too coming out...

kcxiv 05-16-2014 10:21 PM

H1Z1 will come out on the PS4. once the early access goes out, there is going to be alot of people playing. As much as i like DayZ, this one may curbstomp it.

007 05-16-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10634342)
H1Z1 will come out on the PS4. once the early access goes out, there is going to be alot of people playing. As much as i like DayZ, this one may curbstomp it.

I've never even heard of it.

kcxiv 05-16-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634430)
I've never even heard of it.

It was just announced like 3-4 weeks ago. Its a free to play zombie survival horror game.

H1Z1 - First Gameplay Trailer: http://youtu.be/nE--rFTBLzU