ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Deus Ex 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224800)

Pants 09-06-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7882969)
Early GOTY candidate.

gochief's GOTY or media's? Or both?

Frazod 09-06-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7882967)
I've been hearing nothing but good things. I'm going to play this once I finish up Witcher 2.

I gave up on that piece of crap early on. Absolutely hated the changes to the gameplay. I hadn't been annoyed that much by a game since Star Wars Force Unleased.

Hammock Parties 09-06-2011 06:17 PM

Both.

The only people who don't like this game are idiots pining for the nostalgia of the first DX....which highly boring in comparison.

Frazod 09-06-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7882982)
Both.

The only people who don't like this game are idiots pining for the nostalgia of the first DX....which highly boring in comparison.

Never played the first two, so that won't be a problem for me.

Hammock Parties 09-06-2011 06:20 PM

You should play the first DX.

The second one is awful.

This is a prequel to the first DX.

Hammock Parties 09-06-2011 07:03 PM

This should make frazod want to play.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CFKYX-g2kKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 09-06-2011 07:30 PM

Installing it now.

Hammock Parties 09-06-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7883109)
Installing it now.

Make sure you check out the tutorial. There is a slight learning curve. This is not DOOM.

Frazod 09-06-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7883128)
Make sure you check out the tutorial. There is a slight learning curve. This is not DOOM.

Definitely, especially since I'm completely new to it.

Off to play now.

Demonpenz 09-06-2011 08:59 PM

I hope frazod has fun.

Frazod 09-06-2011 09:30 PM

I'm enjoying it. Taking some getting used to, though, especially after playing Fallout for the past couple of months. Not used to the firing-from-cover commands, and you definitely need to use them.

Hammock Parties 09-06-2011 09:37 PM

You're using the mouse and keyboard, I hope.

Hold the right mouse button when you're up against a wall or a flat surface. A or D key to peek out to your left or right when you're at the edge. W key to go over the top if you're behind a box or a fence.

You can also set the right mouse button to toggle mode if you don't want to hold it.

Frazod 09-06-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7883498)
You're using the mouse and keyboard, I hope.

Hold the right mouse button when you're up against a wall or a flat surface. A or D key to peek out to your left or right when you're at the edge. W key to go over the top if you're behind a box or a fence.

You can also set the right mouse button to toggle mode if you don't want to hold it.

It's just taking me time to get used to it. Frankly I like the interface in Mass Effect much better.

Pants 09-07-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7882981)
I gave up on that piece of crap early on. Absolutely hated the changes to the gameplay. I hadn't been annoyed that much by a game since Star Wars Force Unleased.

Really? I enjoyed it as much as the 1st one if not more. The game is absolutely gorgeous and the animations are some of the best I've seen - very satisfying combat (especially when you become more powerful). The story is also pretty epic with like 16 different endings depending on what choices (hard ones) you make. The only real problem I had with it was the clunky inventory system and no way to store anything anywhere.

Huffmeister 09-07-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7884099)
Really? I enjoyed it as much as the 1st one if not more. The game is absolutely gorgeous and the animations are some of the best I've seen - very satisfying combat (especially when you become more powerful). The story is also pretty epic with like 16 different endings depending on what choices (hard ones) you make. The only real problem I had with it was the clunky inventory system and no way to store anything anywhere.

Speaking of storing things, is there a place that you can go to store stuff in Deus Ex? I'd like to collect the different kinds of weapons that I come across, so I've just been dropping them on the floor of Jensen's apartment.