ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Let's talk about the game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127072)

cookster50 10-21-2005 07:35 AM

Let's talk about the game

Let's stop whining about the game not being on tv(I can do that since I'll get it) and start talking about the game.

I think the Chiefs win this one, low scoring. What say you?

tyton75 10-21-2005 07:43 AM

I could see this being a route... Seau and Taylor probably out... Priest and LJ grind it out on the ground in the rain

tiptap 10-21-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damark
Let's stop whining about the game not being on tv(I can do that since I'll get it) and start talking about the game.

I think the Chiefs win this one, low scoring. What say you?

Based upon our play so far this season and the type of team we are playing, I am hopeful. This isn't a team with a good offense and their offense is predicated upon running. The Chiefs have been successful against the run (excepting Denver). I don't see the Dolphins as strong a passing team as Washington. The problem is the the trip itself. The team will have no time to get over the plane ride. Hopefully the offense will have only a few troubles getting it going. They are all comfortable with the offense.
The bad things to follow is the play of RT on the offense. The Dolphin defense will be looking to put pressure on Green from the LDE and stunts and blitzes from that direction. We need to get someone out there to make them pay for leaving that area. (Not done so far this year.) Also you can expect this Dolphin Defense to be ready for runs to the left. And since we aren't seeing success to the right they will be following the pulling lineman into the backfield to stop the slow developing stretch plays. What we need is that the right side as the weak side of a formation can get a quick pitch play well blocked for good running gains. Send the backfield to the right and the line flow left. We could see this back in 2003 but our running game has become more and more resticted because of RT play.
Finally we will need some of our secret weapons to show up and play on 3rd downs. We have not been good on 3rd down percentage completions. (We have not been great even all these last 3 years but the successes of the offense on 1st and 2nd downs masked our lack of a go to play for those intermediate plays for 1st downs.)

cookster50 10-21-2005 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiptap
Finally we will need some of our secret weapons to show up and play on 3rd downs.

Like Tony Jr, errr, Kris Wilson?

What ever happened to this guy being the second comming of TG???

Seek 10-21-2005 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damark
Like Tony Jr, errr, Kris Wilson?

What ever happened to this guy being the second comming of TG???

Teams are not lining up against Wilson like a half back or TE. They are lining up on him like a WR, which is bascially shutting him down. He isn't anything like TG and can't get open unless it is a dump off.

phinz_fan 10-21-2005 08:36 AM

If Dolphins can cut out the penalties and run the ball effectively they can win.

Otherwise the Chiefs will ight us up. Taylor being out is a blow. Our defense is a lot worse off without him playing.

The biggest advantage I see for Miami is the Chiefs having to travel and play on the same day/being rushed.

Warrior5 10-21-2005 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phinz_fan
Taylor being out is a blow. Our defense is a lot worse off without him playing.

Good morning, phinz_fan. I want your take on something.

Unlike past seasons, the Chiefs have made no money this season on sweeps, either left or right. Our O-coordinator continues to try them, and I expect him to continue tonight. How is the Dolphin D suited to pursue/contain sweeps, especially with Taylor likely being out for the game?