ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official USA vs Belgium World Cup Game Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284720)

RockChalk 07-01-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725342)
There was a whole show about the chant interestingly enough though my understand of it is different from their telling. My understanding is it came from Utah St basketball fans but they say it came from the Navy. The first example I saw of it was NYRB fans doing it but SKC made did it better and made it more popular...I also think they were the bridge from MLS to the American Outlaws doing it for US games.

It feels really played out now and I wonder if KC will drop but everyones loves it so that is good.

Weird I couldn't really find a video that did justice to how loud it gets at Sporting Park.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dVv9X4co_CA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was that at the Rapids playoff game a few years back? That's the first time I'd ever heard it

RockChalk 07-01-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725372)
Ya, still plenty of horse shit to go around. Remember that Brazilian player that got stretchered off and then popped back up. Couldnt ****ing believe it.

I was watching at home and actually threw a half full beer can from my living room to kitchen. It wasn't one of my finer moments, but I was livid :D

Reerun_KC 07-01-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10725384)
:Lin:

So you don't like females... Got it...

DJJasonp 07-01-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725342)
There was a whole show about the chant interestingly enough though my understand of it is different from their telling. My understanding is it came from Utah St basketball fans but they say it came from the Navy. The first example I saw of it was NYRB fans doing it but SKC made did it better and made it more popular...I also think they were the bridge from MLS to the American Outlaws doing it for US games.

It feels really played out now and I wonder if KC will drop but everyones loves it so that is good.

Weird I couldn't really find a video that did justice to how loud it gets at Sporting Park.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dVv9X4co_CA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dirty-...040228934.html

SDSU's "the show" has been doing it for 4-5 years now also (which it mentions in the article)

|Zach| 07-01-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 10725422)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dirty-...040228934.html

SDSU's "the show" has been doing it for 4-5 years now also (which it mentions in the article)

I have seen it dated back to Utah St longer than that...not that I actually care...I sort of hope it starts going away in KC.

Why Not? 07-01-2014 08:37 AM

Work for two hours, then hitting a local wing place with some people. Can't wait!

WhawhaWhat 07-01-2014 08:47 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zaTmXuQr0LA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen 07-01-2014 08:59 AM

I've never been a big soccer fan, but I do enjoy watching the World Cup. First got interested about 20 years ago. I think that was the year that the MLS started up and one of the World Cups (men's or women's?) was in the US. I'll admit that the offsides rule was a little weird and confusing. I did find a nice vid on Youtube explaining it and now I think I have a pretty good understanding. And I have always understood the extra time thing. Still think it is stupid, though. Why can't they just stop the clock for subs and whatnot like every other sport? I also think that soccer suffers a bit due to low scores and ties. Despite those flaws, it is still an exciting game to watch.

Eleazar 07-01-2014 09:01 AM

I think it's a lame chant, personally. It doesn't make a lot of sense

DaKCMan AP 07-01-2014 09:17 AM

I'm wearing a red/blue/white (mostly red) plaid button down today. This morning while getting dressed I asked the gf:

Awesome: What color is my shirt?

Awesome gf: Salmon-reddish?

Awesome: WRONG! It's the color 'Merica!

Leaving work around 3P today to go watch the game with her before her shift @ the hospital.

RockChalk 07-01-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10725532)
I'm wearing a red/blue/white (mostly red) plaid button down today. This morning while getting dressed I asked the gf:

Leaving work around 3P today to go watch the game with her before her shift @ the hospital.

AWESOME

Reerun_KC 07-01-2014 09:32 AM

MERICA!!!!!

Titty Meat 07-01-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10725306)
I have watched every game at Johnny's Tavern but can't make it happen today because I need to jet and do some things right after the game. I will be going crazy watching the game at home. Sort of bummed not watching it with everyone but will be nice to relax and have some space. Ha.

You arent going because you know they will lose.

|Zach| 07-01-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10725555)
You arent going because you know they will lose.

False.

I have work commitments.

Setsuna 07-01-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10725532)

That story sucked 5 years of my life away.

Anywho, USA bout to get got.