ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports *** Official USA vs Belgium World Cup Game Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284720)

mr. tegu 07-02-2014 09:53 PM

The US Secretary of Defense Wikipedia thing was pretty funny. I assume that was posted in here?

Titty Meat 07-03-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10728657)
Chief fans knocking the team on a Chief board to themselves as smack is always....hilarious

Most people arent on this board to talk Chiefs

The Bad Guy 07-03-2014 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10728593)
Im sooooooo glad the networks toned down their World Cup talk. Got tired of being force fed soccer. To me it was kind of like all the Manning hype before the Super Bowl and everyone finally shutting the **** up about him after the game.

Boo ****ing hoo.

It's a ****ing month of soccer every 4 years. Ha, force fed. No one forced you to stay on that channel.

The Bad Guy 07-03-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10728571)
They made the finale 16 because of idiotic rules. When you lose yet make it into the finales that's just dumb European rules. They should require teams in that situation to have a win and your in game.

Every post you make is comedy gold. Seriously, comedy gold.

One is ****ing dumber than the previous one. It's a skill.

Friendo 07-03-2014 06:24 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread since some get sand in their V over anything soccer, but just wanted to put this out there for conversation: moving forward, what do you think should be the standard for JK regarding his management of this team. For me its fairly simple: improve possession rate. Counter-attacking and physical toughness have been there all along, but I saw little improvement (at least in the WC). We were one Wondo shank from advancing, so obviously luck plays a big part in wins/losses. I guess what I am saying is I would have been just as satisfied had we not gotten out of Group play, but showed a marked improvement in an area that has forever haunted us (and is pretty easy to discern). What say you...

The Bad Guy 07-03-2014 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendo (Post 10728886)
Didn't want to start a new thread since some get sand in their V over anything soccer, but just wanted to put this out there for conversation: moving forward, what do you think should be the standard for JK regarding his management of this team. For me its fairly simple: improve possession rate. Counter-attacking and physical toughness have been there all along, but I saw little improvement (at least in the WC). We were one Wondo shank from advancing, so obviously luck plays a big part in wins/losses. I guess what I am saying is I would have been just as satisfied had we not gotten out of Group play, but showed a marked improvement in an area that has forever haunted us (and is pretty easy to discern). What say you...

Tough to argue that finding a bunch of midfielders that can control the ball and set up the strikers has to be priority #1.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-03-2014 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10728688)
Thatguy isn't bad. He adds burst wherever he treads.

Bud, you were so right about the butthurt....wow

Kansas City Kid 07-03-2014 07:52 AM

It's hilarious to see how many sheep just fall for the marketing around the WC. Now that the US lost almost everyone will go back to not caring about soccer. No heterosexual man truly loves watching or playing soccer.

Pitt Gorilla 07-03-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10728563)
Oh ive seen the Chiefs win and Super Bowl if thats your getting at. USA in world cup 5 wins since 1950. Thats 65 years of nothing but we are so close? As a radio guy said its an exorcise sport for lazy moms or dads to take lil johnny to run off nervous energy. A sport of the well to do and thats just a fact.

Soccer, in general, is played by poor people. That's just a fact.

sedated 07-03-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10728571)
When you lose yet make it into the finales that's just dumb European rules.

Lol, so only undefeated teams can make the playoffs in every sport?

Most baseball teams that make the playoffs only win less than 60% of their games. Dumb American rules...

Kansas City Kid 07-03-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10728962)
Lol, so only undefeated teams can make the playoffs in every sport?

Most baseball teams that make the playoffs only win less than 60% of their games. Dumb American rules...

Yes, but they don't lose in the playoffs and then advance like dumbass soccer.

|Zach| 07-03-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas City Kid (Post 10728963)
Yes, but they don't lose in the playoffs and then advance like dumbass soccer.

Nobody that lost in the playoffs advanced in soccer.

(Even though teams do lose in the playoffs in baseball and advance)

Basically you are doing a great job right now.

Kansas City Kid 07-03-2014 08:09 AM

The US lost to Germany and advanced, dipshit.

|Zach| 07-03-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas City Kid (Post 10728970)
The US lost to Germany and advanced, dipshit.

That was't a playoff.

It was group play. More akin to a regular season that seeds for a playoff. People lose the last game of the regular season all the time. Knockout stage is a playoff.

Now a 7 game series? That is a playoff. People lose and move on from it all the time.

Kansas City Kid 07-03-2014 08:15 AM

No baseball team has ever lost a 7 game series and advanced to the next round, dummy.

And the US did lose to Germany and did advance to the next round making soccer as geigh as you.