ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Science is so racist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187110)

Silock 07-11-2008 04:35 AM

Science is so racist

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archiv...ck_hole_a.html

Quote:

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term.

Skip Towne 07-11-2008 06:13 AM

:shrug:

kepp 07-11-2008 06:32 AM

Aren't judges supposed to be...learned?

stumppy 07-11-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 4840786)
Aren't judges supposed to be...learned?

No, they don't have to learned anymore once they get the job.

Lonewolf Ed 07-11-2008 07:28 AM

I love black licorice. Does that make me a bad person?

Duck Dog 07-11-2008 07:33 AM

I believe the time is coming when the term 'racist' has been so over used that no one listens anymore.

bishop_74 07-11-2008 07:38 AM

Product of Affirmative Action. You don't have to be knowledgeable and work hard to graduate from college ... you just have to be a minority.

Hound333 07-11-2008 07:39 AM

I think we should strike the word black from the english language. Without doing that the english language is rasist.

Skip Towne 07-11-2008 07:44 AM

Should I get rid of my Blackberry?

bkkcoh 07-11-2008 07:50 AM

it seems like all of the parties involved are ass holes......

wutamess 07-11-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 4840827)
I love black licorice. Does that make me a bad person?

Makes you an Anise loving Mo Fo.
~ That's some nasty shit.

StcChief 07-11-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4840844)
Should I get rid of my Blackberry?

just trade up for whiteberry

wutamess 07-11-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop_74 (Post 4840835)
Product of Affirmative Action. You don't have to be knowledgeable and work hard to graduate from college ... you just have to be a minority.

Dumbass statement of the year. :spock:
I've yet to see one black person truly benefit from AA while being under performed to do a job.

I'd love to hear of your example(s).

I understand you're joining /piling on all in fun but that statement is just plain ignorant and can lead to influencing others ignorance.

~Yes I take offense to it.

bkkcoh 07-11-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4840874)
Dumbass statement of the year. :spock:
I've yet to see one black person truly benefit from AA while being under performed to do a job.

I'd love to hear of your example(s).

I understand you're joining /piling on all in fun but that statement is just plain ignorant and can lead to influencing others ignorance.

~Yes I take offense to it.

Wouldn't it be better to know that a person got a position as a result of his/her qualifications instead of ethnicity or gender?

Equal outcomes can't be the end goal, equal opportunities can be and it would be up to the person to make the most of his/her opportunity.

wutamess 07-11-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 4840885)
Wouldn't it be better to know that a person got a position as a result of his/her qualifications instead of ethnicity or gender?

Equal outcomes can't be the end goal, equal opportunities can be and it would be up to the person to make the most of his/her opportunity.

That's just it... AA kinda takes the racism slant out of hiring practices by forcing traditionally white establishments to diversify.

I know people think AA isn't right but how else would the playing field be level when (my figures) 90% of CEO's, directors, etc are probably the stereotypical white male who'd otherwise tend to hire their own?

I think AA is a way to level the playing field. It's not so bad that 1-2 black people (out of 100's of jobs being offered) get preferential treatment when their qualifications are just as good as the next man (no matter what color). But if their qualifications are inferior to the other man's then i'd have a problem with that as well.