ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Winston mad at the Fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264770)

TheGreatCassholio 10-08-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8992731)
So now he says he didn't mean the whole 70,000 and he thought he clarified that in his original comments. I guess everyone was too stupid to pick up on that.

I'll tell you right now, I don't like this guy.

If he wants to get into politics or the church so he can stand on a soapbox all day and dictate morality, that's great. Go for it. Meanwhile, he's a freaking football player who's been with the team for all of 5 games ... 5 of the sorriest games in one of the sorriest seasons in the entire sorry-ass history of this sorry-ass franchise.

There are fans in KC who have been born, lived, and died waiting for this pitiful excuse of an organization to accomplish something ... anything ... of note. Yet, they still come out game after game, season after season, year after year to spend their money and faithfully cheer on these players and coaches as though they were family.

This asswipe rolls into town and tells them they're doing it wrong?

Blow it out your ass, Winston.

FAX

:bravo:

Frazod 10-08-2012 03:15 PM

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be run on Winston jerseys anytime soon. And hopefully this ****ing prick will be gone sooner rather than later.

Beef Supreme 10-08-2012 03:15 PM

He didn't mean the whole 70k....even though that's what he ****ing led with.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 03:17 PM

Yup. Fist yourself, Eric.

But do it in a way that is soothing for Eric Winston: Human Being. Afterall, I truly care about and value the man inside the uniform...that just told 70,000 people that there were disgusting...er, wait, 7,000 or maybe 700 - ****, he doesn't know.

But I'm sure he wishes them well...however many of them he made a point to slander.

RealSNR 10-08-2012 03:17 PM

The panelists on Around The Horn were quite fair. Said they couldn't tell if there was cheering. They all believed the crowd was silent when Cassel was down, then when he got up they cheered, then further cheered when Brady Quinn came on the field.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8992701)
He cowardly backtracked but did not apologize from what I understand.

He said he was wrong to paint the entire crowed with the same brush.

Then he said it could have been 7000 or 700, he didn't really know how many it was.

And then he said that he meant every word of it and it's despicable.

He also said he has received an outpouring of support and doesn't at all regret what he said.

Reaper16 10-08-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8992745)
The panelists on Around The Horn were quite fair. Said they couldn't tell if there was cheering. They all believed the crowd was silent when Cassel was down, then when he got up they cheered, then further cheered when Brady Quinn came on the field.

It's definitely a problem when the media's voice of reason is Woody Paige.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8992712)
It didn't fall out of his mouth, he literally took a roll call of media present and threatened to stop providing future interviews if they didn't run his rant.

This.

He opened the interview by angrily making sure EVERY local media outlet was present. He then proceeded to tell them that if they didn't air/print the interview he would never speak to them again.

RealSNR 10-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8992751)
It's definitely a problem when the media's voice of reason is Woody Paige.

Welcome to the Age Of Tebow in sports journalism

Molitoth 10-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

He also said he has received an outpouring of support and doesn't at all regret what he said.
Not surprised, a bunch of our moronic fan base still thinks Cassel is a pro bowl caliber NFL QB and that we need to upgrade our O-line and WR's.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8992749)

Most of that coming from Arrowhead Pride, I'm sure.

DJ's left nut 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Michael Wilbon will have a great opportunity to insult fans and kiss more athlete ass over this thing.

He'll no doubt drop a name or two right before pulling things directly from his rectum as he blasts not only the Arrowhead crowd but humanity in general, American consumerism and barbecue.

Michael Wilbon is an asshole.

Papi 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Bill Plashke knows our fans. Somebody been emailing him??? LMAO

Reaper16 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

After all of this obviously orchestrated media barrage by Scott Pioli I can safely say that I've never hated a public figure more than I hate him.

This making-the-fans-the-bad-guy tactic, while effective so far, is just about the most shameful thing that a U.S. sports franchise has ever done.

kcpasco 10-08-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8992757)
Not surprised, a bunch of our moronic fan base still thinks Cassel is a pro bowl caliber NFL QB and that we need to upgrade our O-line and WR's.

Don't ever go to the Chiefs Facebook page.
My God it's like walking into a reerun convention