ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports First roller derby bout tomorrow! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269826)

luv 02-08-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9387289)
Good luck Luv. I was wondering why there wasn't a KC team in your league, but it looks like KC has its own league. Less travel I guess.

They are ranked way up there. They made it to Nationals for the past several years. They'd kick our collective ass. We would also weaken their schedule too much.

luv 02-08-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387250)
Looks like june 22 & 23rd here in SUX.

Unfortunately I will be out of town in a fishing tournament. :(

The All-Stars will be up there. I'm on the Battle Broads (the B who plays just for exposure and experience). We have a tournament down here the following weekend.

The All-Stars are our ranked team. They're the ones people come to see. Think of us as the opening band.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9387536)
The All-Stars will be up there. I'm on the Battle Broads (the B who plays just for exposure and experience). We have a tournament down here the following weekend.

The All-Stars are our ranked team. They're the ones people come to see. Think of us as the opening band.

Now I don't feel so bad. ;)

In either case, if your girls need any advice on places to stay or places to eat or whatever, don't be afraid to shout.

Stewie 02-08-2013 01:35 PM

One of my favorite episodes of King of the Hill is when Peggy and Luanne join the roller derby team.

At the first match Lucky is trying to explain the game.

LUCKY: See, your blockers stop the other team's jammers. The pivots can block, jam, or counter-jam. Only the pivot or jammer can score.

HANK: But how do they score?

LUCKY: No one really knows.

ptlyon 02-08-2013 01:38 PM

If you score around here with a Roller Dame, you may never walk again

;)

Saul Good 02-08-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9387559)
If you score around here with a Roller Dame, you may never walk again

;)

No doubt. Judging by their profile pics, I'm pretty sure some of those chicks on her team have bigger dongs than I do.

luv 02-08-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9387590)
No doubt. Judging by their profile pics, I'm pretty sure some of those chicks on her team have bigger dongs than I do.

I already know that you all won't like it because it's not models on wheels, but you don't have to be rude.

Mugalug 02-08-2013 03:45 PM

Sounds cool Luv, go get em.

listopencil 02-08-2013 03:56 PM

I will support you by boycotting ESPN for not televising your bouts.

Dayze 02-08-2013 03:59 PM

put some Crisco or Pam on your jersey and arms.

Valiant 02-08-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9387048)
by far the greatest female sport...good luck luv!

just remember...pics or it didnt happen!

Uhh no. Womens vball and the lfl say hello.

Good luck luv.

Aries Walker 02-08-2013 06:09 PM

Holy crap, that's awesome. Break a leg, Luv. (Not one of your own, of course.)

Valiant 02-08-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9387547)
One of my favorite episodes of King of the Hill is when Peggy and Luanne join the roller derby team.

At the first match Lucky is trying to explain the game.

LUCKY: See, your blockers stop the other team's jammers. The pivots can block, jam, or counter-jam. Only the pivot or jammer can score.

HANK: But how do they score?

LUCKY: No one really knows.

Yeah they should really have them carry like a rugby ball for points to be scored

BlackHelicopters 02-08-2013 06:23 PM

Good Luck.

LiveSteam 02-08-2013 06:27 PM

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! & have fun while in Omaha