ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

okcchief 07-05-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794610)
If LeBron leaves Miami it's to come home to Cleveland. The cupboard isn't bare like it was when he left.. We have Irving, Waiters, and Bennett who all are very young and have All-Star potential, and some nice role players in Varejao, Thompson, Zeller, and now Earl Clark from the Lakers...

A few months ago we were the favorite to sign Oden... Interesting prospect for us, or I wonder if Bynum would be interested in reuniting with Brown who gave him his best season. Both have the injury issue though.

I think LeBron's going back to Cleveland. Its a chance to redeem himself and Cleveland will be a better situation for him by then. If he wins a third title next year he may stay put, but it's setting up perfectly for a return.

RustShack 07-05-2013 11:58 PM

Irving-Waiters-James-Bennett-Thompson

That would be so sick! Undersized, but so talented that it doesn't matter.

kcxiv 07-06-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9794600)
Howard hated playing with Kobe because he wasn't "the man" and Kobe challenged him probably IMO. Just my guess. Howard won't have anyone to challenge him like Kobe would.

Harden will and easy. Harden is Money from the free throw line. Harden is great when the game is close and you need him to drive to the lane. That left handed lay up he has is one of the best i have seen. WHo wouldnt want that?

Or are you going to want Dwight in the post with the ball? That shit is UGLLLLLLLLY. Its an easy choice for Kevin! Give the ball to Harden.

ChiefAshhole20 07-06-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794614)
I was surprised by it, but I knew he had one of the higher ceilings going into it. We drafted a PF #4 just two years ago... But that one can play the 4/5 where as this ones a 4/3.

Even though its completely different than the Chiefs first pick this year... I had the same feelings. I just accepted it.

I'm familiar with the roster because I was a HUGE Cavs fan whenever Lebron was there but ever since the Decision, I've had a bad "ex-girlfriend" relationship with Lebron and it just doesn't feel right following them anymore. I've moved onto OKC, but Cleveland was my team with Big Z, Boobie, Mo, Eric Snow, Gooden, etc.
I like Dion and Kyrie, but Thompson doesn't blow me away yet, Bennett could be something, and Varejao has a few years left if that. I wish they could've kept Hickson because I always a fan, but as of now, I think LBJ could step in and win a championship with a few more role player signings.

chiefzilla1501 07-06-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9794645)
I'm familiar with the roster because I was a HUGE Cavs fan whenever Lebron was there but ever since the Decision, I've had a bad "ex-girlfriend" relationship with Lebron and it just doesn't feel right following them anymore. I've moved onto OKC, but Cleveland was my team with Big Z, Boobie, Mo, Eric Snow, Gooden, etc.
I like Dion and Kyrie, but Thompson doesn't blow me away yet, Bennett could be something, and Varejao has a few years left if that. I wish they could've kept Hickson because I always a fan, but as of now, I think LBJ could step in and win a championship with a few more role player signings.

The cavs are a good team to support a superstar right now. If they land a full time center they have all the pieces set. They have terrific depth and ability to flex between a big and small lineup. Tristan, Bennett, karasov, Earl Clark... These are guys who cam play 2 positions. Also adding mike brown, they also added a defensive stopper in free agency and one in the draft. It does look like they're building their team to prep for lebron s return. I really wish they can win without him. I'd still root for the cavs but really can't root for lebron.

Al Bundy 07-06-2013 06:21 AM

I do enjoy the Lakers going in tge toilet. You don't have the logo around to fleece teams in trades.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-06-2013 06:26 AM

So any word on where Bandon Jennings is going?

Lakers should maybe go after him...I don't follow NBA free agency that closely.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ents-2013-2014

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-06-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794471)
Bynum is a UFA. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers went back at him. He'll cost a lot less. He just can't stay healthy.

People still don't understand how the NBA salary cap works. You can only go over the cap to sign players that you already control. They are called Bird Rights. The Lakers cannot sign anyone unless they perform a sign and trade and give back near equivalent salary to what they take in.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-06-2013 07:53 AM

And people don't just want to tank for Wiggins. The top eight players in the next draft would probably have gone #1 in this draft.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9794757)
People still don't understand how the NBA salary cap works. You can only go over the cap to sign players that you already control. They are called Bird Rights. The Lakers cannot sign anyone unless they perform a sign and trade and give back near equivalent salary to what they take in.

I do believe the Lakers have a full MLE and a mini, but that's not going to net shit this year.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9794734)
So any word on where Bandon Jennings is going?

Lakers should maybe go after him...I don't follow NBA free agency that closely.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ents-2013-2014

Best case scenario would be for him to play his RFA year out and then enter next year as a UFA.

He's really good, but I don't think he's max out good.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9794731)
I do enjoy the Lakers going in tge toilet. You don't have the logo around to fleece teams in trades.

Logo hasn't been around the Lakers in 12 years.

The toilet is likely going to be exactly where they were last year, when they had Howard, as a 7th or 8th seed.

What trades did Logo fleece? Vlade at the time was a really good center when he was traded for Kobe. Eddie Jones/Elden Campbell for Glen Rice? I loved Rice, and while it was a necessary trade to get Kobe SG minutes, that's hardly a fleece job.

Logo was great at his job though.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9794616)
I think LeBron's going back to Cleveland. Its a chance to redeem himself and Cleveland will be a better situation for him by then. If he wins a third title next year he may stay put, but it's setting up perfectly for a return.

I think he is too.

Lakers are going to have to get real lucky to get someone that's of star quality for Kobe to pass the torch to so to speak.

I have no idea who it is, but I also didn't think Pau Gasol was anything but a pipe dream in 2007.

RealSNR 07-06-2013 09:16 AM

The Cavs are now the favorites to get Pekovic it looks like.

They can **** right on off, but holy **** I'd love to see a team in 2014 of Kyrie, James, and Pek.

Sexy as hell team. Scary good offense AND defense.

TEX 07-06-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9794731)

And the luxery tax for going over the cap has become cost prohibitive. The Lakers are going to have to change how they do things. They are still over the cap with the departure of Howard...