ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tailgating for Denver game Sunday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237760)

luv 12-02-2010 11:10 PM

Tailgating for Denver game Sunday

Anyone is welcome. F24 by the crosswalk. Dad will answer to papasmurf, and I will answer to luv. Our friends know we have visitors from online stop by from time to time, so feel free to come by. If not just to say hi, anyone is welcome to throw something on the grill. We'll share with you if you share with us. Just head to that spot and look for the Chiefs RV. You'll know it when you see it. I know that a few are already planning on joining us or at least stopping by. Anyone else?

WebGem 12-02-2010 11:12 PM

I never go to tailgates, mostly because I usually go to games alone. I am actually going with someone else this week so I will more than likely stop by.

luv 12-02-2010 11:14 PM

We drive three hours up, so we definitely get the most out of our time up there. I couldn't imagine not tailgating.

WebGem 12-02-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7219699)
We drive three hours up, so we definitely get the most out of our time up there. I couldn't imagine not tailgating.

I usually go alone though, because I get too emotionally invested into the games and tend to freak out on the 3 hour ride home sometimes. I take my girlfriend to 1 game a year, usually one of the games where KC is favored by 9+. This year I accidentally took her to the Buffalo game, and came within an inch of a heart attack, but at least it ended okay.

This week I'm going with another Chiefs fan I know from college, what time is a good time to get there?

007 12-02-2010 11:19 PM

I'll be there.

luv 12-02-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7219707)
I usually go alone though, because I get too emotionally invested into the games and tend to freak out on the 3 hour ride home sometimes. I take my girlfriend to 1 game a year, usually one of the games where KC is favored by 9+. This year I accidentally took her to the Buffalo game, and came within an inch of a heart attack, but at least it ended okay.

This week I'm going with another Chiefs fan I know from college, what time is a good time to get there?

Gates open at 8:30. Food is typically ready by 10. Beverages are consumed prior to even getting in line at the gate at 7.

Bugeater 12-02-2010 11:31 PM

What do you guys normally make for food? I might just bring some of Ozark's smoked polish sausages since they cook up fast and I'm not going to be there until 10.

Ming the Merciless 12-02-2010 11:32 PM

I wish I could join you guys....Sucks being so far away....

luv 12-02-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7219756)
What do you guys normally make for food? I might just bring some of Ozark's smoked polish sausages since they cook up fast and I'm not going to be there until 10.

I know dad's making chili and taking his famous (to us) salsa. I'm not sure what Matt is bringing, although he did ask me what a friend of mine seasoned his steaks with one time he brought them up.People will probably bring the usual brats, burgers, and such.

WebGem 12-02-2010 11:37 PM

Is there any suggestions as to something I should bring? I will probably try to get there around 9. I'm staying in a hotel so I'll probably have to pick something on the way there because I don't know if I'll have a fridge/freezer.

luv 12-02-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7219777)
Is there any suggestions as to something I should bring? I will probably try to get there around 9. I'm staying in a hotel so I'll probably have to pick something on the way there because I don't know if I'll have a fridge/freezer.

Cookies/chips. If we don't open them, we'll hav them for next time. :)

Bugeater 12-02-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan5840 (Post 7219777)

It's going to be 16 degrees the night before, the trunk of your car will double as a freezer.

luv 12-02-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7219783)
It's going to be 16 degrees the night before, the trunk of your car will double as a freezer.

This made me LOL.

Bugeater 12-02-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7219794)
This made me LOL.

That's one thing that's good about this time of the year, I can leave my pop and beer in the garage and it stays the perfect drinking temperature, and I don't have a drag a cooler to work with me every day.

007 12-03-2010 01:12 AM

What? NO Jambalaya?