ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Good memories... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269584)

mikey23545 02-01-2013 01:47 PM

Good memories...

Chiefs in a big comeback win against the then undefeated Skins back in 1971. Fantastic one-handed catch by Otis Taylor while his other hand was being held by the DB (Pat Fischer?) to win the game.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FRhUfSG4nYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 02-01-2013 01:50 PM

Leave it to Mikey to reminisce about a game that happened before most of us were born!

:thumb:

siberian khatru 02-01-2013 01:54 PM

I hated Pat Fischer. He was a dirty player.

Hearing Cosell do the halftime highlights brings back some memories, too. Used to be the only way you could see footage of Sunday's games.

HemiEd 02-01-2013 01:56 PM

Great game Mikey, I watched it with my Navy boss at the time who was a big Redskins fan. As you know the game coverage was very limited then, but being stationed in the Northeast a lot of the Redskins games were on the tube.

mikey23545 02-01-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9370502)
I hated Pat Fischer. He was a dirty player.

Hearing Cosell do the halftime highlights brings back some memories, too. Used to be the only way you could see footage of Sunday's games.

Ditto on the Cosell highlights! Living in Florida it was usually the only chance I got to see the Chiefs at all (though this game was on national TV and I got to see every second!)

That and my weekly issue of Sporting News kept me alive.

mikey23545 02-01-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9370508)
Great game Mikey, I watched it with my Navy boss at the time who was a big Redskins fan. As you know the game coverage was very limited then, but being stationed in the Northeast a lot of the Redskins games were on the tube.

I'm sure your boss was glad that you and him got to see it...LMAO

HemiEd 02-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9370525)
I'm sure your boss was glad that you and him got to see it...LMAO

Well he was crowing like heck through most of it, and we had a $1 bet on the game. All week prior to the game he had been showing the rest of the guys the frame he had ready for the $1 with my name on it.

So yeah, it was sweet. :D

But even at 21, I wasn't stupid enough to rub it in with the rest of the crew though.

CHENZ A! 02-01-2013 03:41 PM

Thank you so much for posting this. I've heard Pops tell the story of that Otis Taylor catch a million times. He was at the game, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's never seen any video of it before. I'm gonna surprise him next time he's over, and put this on for him.

mikey23545 02-01-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 9370897)
Thank you so much for posting this. I've heard Pops tell the story of that Otis Taylor catch a million times. He was at the game, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's never seen any video of it before. I'm gonna surprise him next time he's over, and put this on for him.

siberian khatru 02-01-2013 04:22 PM

The only bad thing about that is we know how that season ended. :deevee:

HemiEd 02-01-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9371014)
The only bad thing about that is we know how that season ended. :deevee:

Even worse, we know how the next ****ing four decades ended.

gblowfish 02-01-2013 04:36 PM

I was at that game. I was in the "huddle club" in the end zone. Taylor made that one handed catch right in front of me. That's why I love him. It's a total CRIME that Otis and Ed Budde are not in the pro football HOF. Especially Otis Taylor. He'll probably have to die first, which is a damn shame.

Also...

"The Jig of Delight????"

Howard..... uh, you can't say "Jig of Delight" on national TV!

bevischief 02-01-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370478)
Leave it to Mikey to reminisce about a game that happened before most of us were born!

Yep.

Easy 6 02-01-2013 04:41 PM

Lenny could really chuck it, let that be a lesson to you kids out there... smoke a pack a day and you'll be throwing it like Lenny in no time!

mikey23545 02-01-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9371060)
I was at that game. I was in the "huddle club" in the end zone. Taylor made that one handed catch right in front of me. That's why I love him. It's a total CRIME that Otis and Ed Budde are not in the pro football HOF. Especially Otis Taylor. He'll probably have to die first, which is a damn shame.

Also...

"The Jig of Delight????"

Howard..... uh, you can't say "Jig of Delight" on national TV!

Yeah, I noticed that too...That's right up there with "Look at that little monkey go!"