ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Despite lack of playing time, Stanzi works to improve (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268042)

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9241763)
Division by zero has the same outcome each & every time

Zero is a known quantity, Stanzi is not.

ptlyon 12-26-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241765)
Zero is a known quantity, Stanzi is not.

Sorry, should have stated by A zero...

scho63 12-26-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9241383)
I don't want to hear it. He sucks so bad he can't beat out the two pieces of shit we have at QB now.

Ditto

:clap:

Nirvana58 12-26-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9241678)
Cassel and Stanzi are both Pioli guys. Why wouldn't Pioli and Crennel let him play?

Seriously, how can the quarterback play get any worse. We ran for over 300 yards rushing and still lost. Brady most memoriable play was throwing a horrible pick 6. I don't care how bad of a quarterback Stanzi is but I am almost to the conclusion that anybody can go out there and play better than the the pieces of shit we have under center. It has gotten so bad that I am pining for the days of Thigpen and Huard. There is no reason not to play Stanzi and see what he has. However, almost all of RAC decisions leave me :banghead: so can't say I'm not surprised.

lcarus 12-26-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9241391)
I know they are ****ing idiots. I also know they are desperate ****ing idiots who will try anything to save their jobs.

Pioli was extremely attached to Cassel, and I think Crennel is extremely attached to Quinn. That kinda leaves Stanzi out in the cold, even though Cassel and Quinn are extremely shitty so we may as well have played Stanzi. Who cares though at this point? GENO!

mikey23545 12-26-2012 01:49 PM

Ahh, back to the questions no one will ever answer...

If you're convinced Stanzi is a flaming piece of dog shit, why do you care if he starts? Are you afraid he'll cost us a playoff spot? Are you afraid of being proven wrong?

Say you're a big Stanzi fan...Wouldn't you want to see him get a chance to show up all the naysayers?

And if you don't have an opinion one way or the other on Stanzi, why would you care if he plays?

I just would like to see him play out of sheer curiosity...Why don't you?

stevieray 12-26-2012 02:44 PM

I don't even care at this point other than to say this team wastes roster spots on mediocre players every year.

just like Croyle, he will walk with buttloads of cash for basically doing nothing.

Reerun_KC 12-26-2012 02:49 PM

Ricky, we need a clean up on isle 3, Ricky clean up on isle 3......

whoman69 12-26-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

“Getting him on the field becomes more difficult. Not only him, but there are many guys who are behind other guys. You take anybody who’s behind Tamba Hali. He can show improvement, but his chances of getting on the field are not going to be great unless there’s an injury situation.”
Tamba is playing well. Quinn and Cassel take the game of football back 70 years.

TEX 12-26-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9242011)
Ricky, we need a clean up on isle 3, Ricky clean up on isle 3......

Exactly.

DaKCMan AP 12-26-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9241601)
They're telling him to throw the ball a certain place instead of allowing him to make his reads on throw to the guy that is, you know, open...

This offense, no matter who is under center, is near the bottom of the league in YPA. Why do you suppose that is?

Read it again. He does that while QBing the show-team. They want him to throw to a particular spot to emulate what the other team does. It's not his job, in that situation, to be Ricky Stanzi. It's his job to impersonate the tendencies of whomever is the opposing QB.

durtyrute 12-26-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9242067)
Read it again. He does that while QBing the show-team. They want him to throw to a particular spot to emulate what the other team does. It's not his job, in that situation, to be Ricky Stanzi. It's his job to impersonate the tendencies of whomever is the opposing QB.

I believe the "box" that the coaching staff has presumably put Stanzi in is the reason for his slow development.

Red Beans 12-26-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9241905)
Pioli was extremely attached to Cassel, and I think Crennel is extremely attached to Quinn. That kinda leaves Stanzi out in the cold, even though Cassel and Quinn are extremely shitty so we may as well have played Stanzi. Who cares though at this point? GENO!

The greater question is will anyone ever love Ricky Stanzi?

htismaqe 12-26-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9242067)

Which means he's not getting a chance to show them what HE can do.

I don't see what's so ****ing hard about this.

He's the 3rd string QB on one of the most poorly coached and run teams in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL.

Is it possible he sucks? ABSOLUTELY. Is it a foregone conclusion? Only if you're a narrow-minded moron.

FringeNC 12-26-2012 04:46 PM

Stanzi has a bigger arm than Quinn or Cassel, and is almost certainly smarter -- he got 30 on the Wonderlic. Pioli's handling of the QB position since he has been here is so bizarre no words I can think of do it justice. It could be that Stanzi is as bad as the trash Arizona trots out there, or it could be that Pioli is insane, or both.