ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Official 'Father's Day BLOWS' Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308330)

rabblerouser 06-18-2017 03:27 PM

The Official 'Father's Day BLOWS' Thread

I mean...seriously.

If you're close to your dad, than every day is Father's Day of some sort.

If not, it's a load of bullshit.

Bollocks, a whole load. I ****ing hate father's day.

eDave 06-18-2017 03:29 PM

Pretty shitty day. For other reasons.

AssEaterChief 06-18-2017 03:29 PM

I don't hate it, but I haven't seen my father in 5 or 6 years, and I haven't seen my children in 10 or so....

I hear you man

rabblerouser 06-18-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12921626)
Pretty shitty day.

Yup.

rabblerouser 06-18-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 12921629)
I don't hate it, but I haven't seen my father in 5 or 6 years, and I haven't seen my children in 10 or so....

I hear you man

Yeah, I haven't seen my daughter since October. I don't even want to talk about my dad...

ChiTown 06-18-2017 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear this, Gents.

This is always a keen reminder of how lucky I was to have a great Dad, and that I need to keep working to be a good one myself.

Prison Bitch 06-18-2017 04:01 PM

I dunno, it's my day to do whatever the hell i want. Not so bad

rabblerouser 06-18-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12921640)

This is always a keen reminder of how lucky I was to have a great Dad, and that I need to keep working to be a good one myself.

Truth.

Al Bundy 06-18-2017 04:02 PM

My dad was/is a real piece of shit. I'll piss on his grave when his ass dies.

In58men 06-18-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12921662)
My dad was/is a real piece of shit. I'll piss on his grave when his ass dies.

Damn that's brutal, he sounds like a real dick. Sorry.

Prison Bitch 06-18-2017 04:05 PM

I thought my dad was a dick until I turned 25 or so. Then I realized he wasn't. Crazy shit, considering he didn't change

Why Not? 06-18-2017 04:05 PM

I hate hearing about people who had dicks for dads. **** those guys(the brokedick dads)! My most important job on earth is to be a good dad. Glad I had a good example.

Red Dawg 06-18-2017 04:09 PM

I'm having a nice day. Got some high dollar Costa sunglasss from my fam.

MTG#10 06-18-2017 04:13 PM

Not a big fan myself. My dad died when I was 3 so I barely remember him and my kids are at their mom's for the summer every year. I'd rather have them 9 months than 3 but the 3 they're gone are hard to deal with.

notorious 06-18-2017 04:16 PM

I won the Dad lottery, and hope my kids feel the same way when they get older.

ChiTown 06-18-2017 04:17 PM

My two teenaged boys took me to lunch and then we went bowling - completely random and completely fun. Now we are watching the Royals and the US open.

Great Day!

eDave 06-18-2017 04:19 PM

Go gloat somewhere else. Assholes rubbing it in are assholes.

Frazod 06-18-2017 04:21 PM

Yeah, my dad was a grade A bastard. Hadn't seen or spoken to him since 1994. People always told me I'd regret not trying to make amends if he died. Well, he's been dead for three years, and it hasn't happened yet.

I've got an awesome father-in-law, though. I just try to think of him today.

MahiMike 06-18-2017 04:46 PM

All these holidays are made by Hallmark and are totally made for selling stuff. But I did find myself sending wishes out to all my buddies.

eDave 06-18-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12921708)
All these holidays are made by Hallmark and are totally made for selling stuff. But I did find myself sending wishes out to all my buddies.

Woodrow Wilson did not work for Hallmark.

Bwana 06-18-2017 04:56 PM

Wow after reading this thread, I'm one blessed SOB that definitely got lucky with the father I have. My brother and his family were in town yesterday and we did the Fathers Day feed and all had a chance to catch up.

The Franchise 06-18-2017 04:59 PM

I'm painting my oldest daughters room today. Not too bad considering it's 105 ****ing degrees out right now.

Why Not? 06-18-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12921737)
Not too bad considering it's 105 ****ing degrees out right now.

I'll see that and raise you 6 degrees.

eDave 06-18-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12921741)
I'll see that and raise you 6 degrees.

Baby Lee 06-18-2017 05:07 PM

Love mother's day. Love father's day.

But of the two, momma likes a fancy sitdown luncheon, and dad likes a big ol' hunk of meat, so father's day wins.

Frazod 06-18-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12921751)
Love mother's day. Love father's day.

But of the two, momma likes a fancy sitdown luncheon, and dad likes a big ol' hunk of meat, so father's day wins.

Mom's been dead for 34 years. Not a big fan of that one, either.

vailpass 06-18-2017 05:19 PM

http://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/de...?itok=U9xjOFFN

DaFace 06-18-2017 05:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2EuUPlh.jpg

mdchiefsfan 06-18-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12921666)
I thought my dad was a dick until I turned 25 or so. Then I realized he wasn't. Crazy shit, considering he didn't change

I'm in this boat. Turns out my mom may have been a bit more colorful in her explainations than she should've been. Just trying to make the most of it. The funny thing is, I see why he was the way he was, now that I have two of my own.

He told me something that I will never forget: "Your kids will have all kinds of friends growing up. Most will leave; some will stay, if they're lucky. They'll only have one father. It isn't your role to be friends with them; it's your role to teach them right from wrong. It will hurt you, it will bother you, and it will make you second guess every decision you make nightly. Make the right choice, and do those soon-to-be men justice."

Rain Man 06-18-2017 05:44 PM

I get kind of annoyed by all of the Father and Mother Day stuff on Facebook, as well as the birthday stuff. It creates a social obligation to make public proclamations, and while my parents are great people, I don't respond well to social obligations.

Frazod 06-18-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12921770)

Sorry. LMAO

Baby Lee 06-18-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12921786)
Sorry. LMAO

Could be worse

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5505e5f30...xe70o1_500.gif

JakeF 06-18-2017 05:59 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Titans and former NY Jets WR Eric Decker reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/876586753574023168">June 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bwana 06-18-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12921794)
Titans and former NY Jets WR Eric Decker reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 18, 2017
<SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async></SCRIPT>

Does Eric Decker have a Father?

vailpass 06-18-2017 06:16 PM

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...20151230053237

Hammock Parties 06-18-2017 06:24 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kfyYxz8.jpg

Al Bundy 06-18-2017 06:28 PM

I gave my "dad" about s 2 week chance in 1999 when I was 27. He was a real shithead. Funny thing is, my mom never said a negative word about him until after I gave him that 2 week chance. Like I said, when he does die and if he is buried and not cremated I will piss on his grave.

Rain Man 06-18-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12921796)

I bet his father disowned him when he became a Bronco.

Bwana 06-18-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12921835)
I bet his father disowned him when he became a Bronco.

That's what I was thinking. :D

JakeF 06-18-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12921796)

Pretty sure biologically he must. I can't start threads so i just have to put news wherever.

Why Not? 06-18-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12921846)
Pretty sure biologically he must. I can't start threads so i just have to put news wherever.

I'm guessing you could find a thread or two where this news would've been better placed.

BryanBusby 06-18-2017 06:59 PM

My dad sucked, but I don't let things like that impact holidays.

Still had a good day with ny daughter, so whatevs.

Bwana 06-18-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 12921846)

There you can now Grasshopper. Use your new found power wisely. :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...65e021a4dc.jpg

TimBone 06-18-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12921861)
There you can now Grasshopper. Use your new found power wisely. :D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...65e021a4dc.jpg

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Rain Man 06-18-2017 08:29 PM

The other annoying thing about the Facebook posts is all the people claiming that their dad is 'the best dad ever'. Come on. Are we applying any objective criteria here? You can't just make the claim without doing some research. I don't even know the scoring system that these people are using.

ThaVirus 06-18-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 12921629)

Why's that?

ThaVirus 06-18-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 12921820)
I gave my "dad" about s 2 week chance in 1999 when I was 27. He was a real shithead. Funny thing is, my mom never said a negative word about him until after I gave him that 2 week chance. Like I said, when he does die and if he is buried and not cremated I will piss on his grave.

Want to talk about it?

mlyonsd 06-18-2017 08:41 PM

My dad had his flaws but after reading this thread I understand how lucky I was. I guess the message is be better than your dad and you'll make the world a better place.

bevischief 06-18-2017 08:45 PM

At least you still have parents dickhead. Get off my lawn.

Spott 06-18-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12921784)
I get kind of annoyed by all of the Father and Mother Day stuff on Facebook, as well as the birthday stuff. It creates a social obligation to make public proclamations, and while my parents are great people, I don't respond well to social obligations.

I don't know if people still do this on Facebook, but a few years ago people would change their profile picture to a picture of their mother. I decided to do the same thing and used a picture of a skeleton (she died in 99). For some reason, most of my friends didn't get my attempt at humor.

Hammock Parties 06-18-2017 08:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/XXiP527.jpg

Iowanian 06-18-2017 08:54 PM

I'm sincerely sorry to hear the downside and poor examples some of you were shown.

You're not responsible for their actions and I'm sorry you got a raw deal...it doesn't define you....and you're not destined to repeat the cycle. Be the best dad for your kids, step kids, nephews, or others in your circle of influence that you can be. It's rewarding.

scho63 06-18-2017 09:00 PM

I'm no therapist by any means but several of you who harbor such hatred of your father need a way to get rid of the hate.

Not saying you need to forgive him or suddenly love him for being a grade A douchbag or horrible father or even looking to reconnect but that deep seated hate will always be hiding in you and will never do you any good.

Sorry so many of you have to deal with that.

My father was no saint by any means including being a loan shark, in jail for several times when I was a child and some other crazy shit but he was a good father. He was never around much growing up but I never harbored any hate towards him, I loved him dearly. There were reasons for his lifestyle; he grew up with an alcoholic and abusive father and was a VERY tough street guy who grew up in Newark NJ with a lot of big shot gangsters as his friends. He was very poor and life was very tough for him and his brothers and sisters. All of them (5) but one had polio as kids and were the March of Dimes family in the 50s appearing in the NY Times.

He only made it to 7th grade before he went to work at the age of 15.

He died in 1996 at age 57 and I miss him very much.

Be thankful for all the great Fathers and look deeper to see why some are not so good. You may find a surprising or possible reason to help explain.

Frazod 06-18-2017 09:33 PM

My parents dated in high school and married young. From what I'm told they fought like cats and dogs even when they dated. I remember asking my aunt, was there ever a time they got along? She said no. But I guess the sex was great (eww) or something, because they married at 19. I was born when they were 20. They still fought like hell, all the time. Dad left shortly before I turned 5, the divorce was final a couple of months later, and dad was remarried to the woman he'd been ****ing around with a few months after that. A few years later my half-sister was born, the correct child by the correct mother. That was pretty much it for me. All I ever was to my dad was a reminder of a previous life and woman that he hated, and a financial liability which ended in June of 1983. I was told to get the **** out when I turned 18, and I got the **** out while I was still 17. Outside of a card with $20 in it on birthdays and Christmas, I never got a goddamn thing from the man. I have no memory of him ever telling me that he loved me, or giving me a hug, and can count of one hand the times he seemed to show any real pride in anything I ever did, and most of those involved shooting (at least he taught me that). I don't think there was ever a time in my life when we were together that he didn't look at me and think of how much he hated mom. I don't think he hated me - he'd have to care for that. If I was around, I was just there. If I wasn't, I wasn't. There was never any relationship to salvage, nothing to build on. Either of us could have easily reached out at any time over the last years of his life to the other; neither of us chose to. My wife of 16 years never met him. Probably best for all concerned. I wasn't at his funeral, and I have no idea where he's buried. I certainly received nothing in the way of inheritance, nor did I expect to.

Now, people certainly have worse fathers. He always paid the child support on time. He always worked. He never laid a hand on me. Hell, I was an adult before I ever saw him drink a beer, and I never saw him drunk. But he did the bare minimum required and that was it.

He was mostly a dour, unhappy man. While he wasn't physically abusive to me (he was to my mom), or to my knowledge my step mom, he was certainly mentally and verbally abusive. My best friend's cousin worked for him up until the time he died. Said he was a bitter, miserable prick, right up until the end. And he died suddenly, at age 67, so he never had a chance to enter old-man-trying-to-get-into-heaven mode. I somehow doubt if he would have anyway.

Did he have regrets? Did he ever think of me? I have no idea. He reaped what he sowed. Now he's gone. The end. It's not really painful to talk about it, or write it out, at this point - it's just kind of sad. Has the whole thing scarred me? Certainly. But you take what life gives you and move on. That's probably what any therapist would tell me, and I don't need to pay extra for it.

scho63 06-18-2017 09:48 PM

What was his father, your grandfather like Frazod?

Frazod 06-18-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12922047)
What was his father, your grandfather like Frazod?

Dad certainly didn't care much for him. Always bitched about his childhood. Grandpa was a farmer and my dad was the only boy, so life was hard. Later in life Grandpa gave up farming and became a preacher, and I imagine the preacher part was always in him. I know both my grandparents treated my aunt better than my dad. They favored her kids over me as well. At least dad didn't seem to hold that against his sister.

I never gave up contact with my grandparents. I'd always make a point to go see them when I was in Missouri - hell, I saw them more than dad did and he lived 60 miles away. Dad went down for Thanksgiving and Christmas (which I skipped because of him) and that was it. I guess the one thing he did that I didn't bother to was keep up appearances. They always appreciated that I made a point to see them. Once the wife and I surprised them by showing up to his church service one Sunday. I don't think I ever saw Grandma or Grandpa so happy. My half-sister is a spoiled little turd and she never made any attempt to have a relationship with them beyond holiday obligations.

I think later in life Grandpa regretted that he didn't have a better relationship with dad, but I don't think they ever did anything about it, either.

And if you're wondering, no, I don't have any kids. This shit ends with me. I do have a Goddaughter that I dote on. Her dad's a bigger piece of shit than mine ever was. I'm happy to fill that void.

DaneMcCloud 06-18-2017 10:27 PM

I say this with all sincerity: I'm so sorry for those of you that didn't have a great father.

Long story short, my dad is awesome. From boating, water skiing, music, playing catch, movies and chatting in general, he's just amazing. I have two brothers and a sister, and some of us are separated by a decade in age, but my dad has this unique ability to make all of us feel like he's our best friend, even though our relationships with him are very different due to career choices and so on.

My dad was my Best Man at my wedding.

I do my very best as a dad and probably devote more time than most Americans are able due to the flexibility of my work, so I constantly aspire to be as good to them as he was/is to me.

Frazod 06-18-2017 10:43 PM

For everybody who has/had a good dad, I'm happy for you. I don't want other people to have a crappy one just because I did. That would be a really shitty attitude to have.

And as I said before, my wife's parents are awesome. Very kind, loving and supportive. It took me a while to get used to that. :D

They're both having some serious health issues right now, though. She's got pancreatic cancer, and he's having a double by-pass performed on Tuesday. Four months ago they were both healthy and active, and now they're falling apart.

Demonpenz 06-18-2017 10:53 PM

Come on son. Lets empty mag into the kenmore.

DaneMcCloud 06-18-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12922085)
For everybody who has/had a good dad, I'm happy for you. I don't want other people to have a crappy one just because I did. That would be a really shitty attitude to have.

And as I said before, my wife's parents are awesome. Very kind, loving and supportive. It took me a while to get used to that. :D

They're both having some serious health issues right now, though. She's got pancreatic cancer, and he's having a double by-pass performed on Tuesday. Four months ago they were both healthy and active, and now they're falling apart.

I'm so sorry to hear of the health issues. Having been through that with my inlaws, stay strong and be supportive of their needs, even if it drives you crazy.

Best wishes.

Frazod 06-18-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12922092)
I'm so sorry to hear of the health issues. Having been through that with my inlaws, stay strong and be supportive of their needs, even if it drives you crazy.

Best wishes.

Thanks. Hell, if you'd asked me four months ago I would have guessed they'd both outlive me. The MIL's mom died three years ago at the age of 98. And the FIL is fit and active and plays golf regularly. Hell of a thing them both getting blasted by this crap at the same time.

Frazod 06-18-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 12922088)
Come on son. Lets empty mag into the kenmore.

Heh. My dad never had a gun that took a magazine. Just old school rifles, shotguns and revolvers. But the part of me that's him surely likes the stuff I own now.

threebag 06-19-2017 12:06 AM

I am fortunate to have had an awesome dad (RIP) and my step dad kicks ass too.

I almost had a great father in law but his daughter was ****ing insane.

BryanBusby 06-19-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12922071)
I say this with all sincerity: I'm so sorry for those of you that didn't have a great father..

I don't need any sympathy; thanks though!

Dealing with what I did as a kid I think has helped now that I am a dad. I make sure to put in extra effort so that my child can have experiences that I never got.

Can't let things from the past bog you down forever :)

Steron 06-19-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 12921640)

Yeah. This is how I see it too. Shrug.

Baby Lee 06-19-2017 06:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He&#39;s her deleted Tweet, saved for posterity. <a href="https://t.co/jkXF1YLg9o">pic.twitter.com/jkXF1YLg9o</a></p>&mdash; Mark Dice (@MarkDice) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/876558966452387841">June 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>