ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10020581)
Oh what does he know about OL play?

He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

Bearcat 09-26-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10020485)
NO THATS JUST ALEX SMITH BEING EFFICIENT

IF THE DEFENDING IS GOOD THEN THE OFFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK

ANDY REID VANILLA OFFENSE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE AWAY SUPER TOP SECRET PLAYS

/Smith Homer dumbasses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10020544)
Can't we just be happy about 3-0

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020543)
3-0!

22-5-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being concerned about the offensive performance and skeptical this blueprint is good enough to stand up to other playoff teams is just being alarmist!

I love you guys. LMAO

(no homo)

(nttawwt)

duncan_idaho 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020556)
If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

The Chiefs have scored more defensive touchdowns than everyone except for the Bears (who would still score more PPG even subtracting 21 from their total than the Chiefs are scoring WITH their defensive TDs), the Cowboys (also 2, also would still rank higher than KC by quite a lot), and the Redskins (also 2).

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 10020584)
There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.

I doubt that.

I think we'll start 4-0 and then finish 6-6.

10-6, road playoff game, lose by about 13 pts.

Better than I expected and good enough to sell the team on the Dorsey/Phat Andy rebuild...

Strongside 09-26-2013 07:25 AM

We have Denver right where we want them.

FRCDFED 09-26-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020572)
The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

chop 09-26-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10020565)
Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

I agree. AS needs his TEs. I think (hope) the offense is going to improve once they are able to get out on the field.

Strongside 09-26-2013 07:27 AM

...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020596)
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

for real. :thumb:

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020586)
He didn't have to grease his jersey or block at the knees to make the HOF...

"Be a whole lot cooler if you did"/McConahey

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10020544)
Can't we just be happy about 3-0

Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020592)
We have Denver right where we want them.

"Say when"/Doc

KCUnited 09-26-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020596)

I tailgate before church because my fandom is just like real life.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:32 AM

C'mon guys, this new offensive system takes time to learn.

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

Braincase 09-26-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020602)
Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.