ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020607)
C'mon guys, this new offensive system takes time to learn.

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020593)
I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

I don't.

Quote:

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 07:35 AM

i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020607)
C'mon guys, this new offensive system takes time to learn.

(conveniently ignoring how teams like Chicago, San Diego and Philly are scoring 26+ PPG with new coaches/systems)

... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10020614)
i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

I also believe that we need to run more;however, I think that AR is the type of HC that changes his approach to each game during the game depending on the circumstances.

If we have a lead he is going to try to burn the clock and protect the lead with the defense. Assuming the defense is having a good day. Likewise, if we find ourselves playing from behind then he is going to open up the offense a little more. I don't think we are going to put the peddle down and blow anyone out this season. AR is more reserved as a HC. He doesn't get caught up in the highs or lows during the games.

With this being said, the times the offense has been needed to convert on 3rd and short they have not been effective. The OL clearly has to improve and if they are able to, then I would expect us to completely dominate the TOP thus improving our chances even more to be successful.

I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

tredadda 09-26-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10020544)
Can't we just be happy about 3-0

This team could have the 16-0 Patriots offense and the 1985 Bears defense and some on here would still find something to complain about.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10020596)
...and there are some cynical, jaded mother****ers on here. Rightfully so, in some cases. I just hope that some of you don't live your lives with the same pessimistic disposition that you practice in your Chiefs fandom...that is a shitty way to live your life.

I have complete control over my life.

I only have any (however insignificant) control over the Chiefs when they play at home and I attend a game.

Also, keep in mind these "cynical, jaded mother****ers on here" created a web site, FB account, and paid money to fly banners to pressure change.

And change came...

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020574)
Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

Thats impossible to determine. Of course it deprives the offense the possibility of more yardage on TD drives though.

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

FRCDFED 09-26-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020613)
I don't.

The problem with playing scared (playoff Martyball) is you allow inferior teams to stay in the game. Even bad teams can luck into 10 pts. Being 10 pts down with more than 8 minutes to in the 4th allows a team to stay balanced on offense.

20 down with 8 to go and you have no option but to become one dimensional and predictable (helping the defense to preserve the lead.)

I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

dirk digler 09-26-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020619)
I can only assume you've never watched a AR coached team in Philly.

Top 10 offense in points scored in 8 of his last 11 seasons.

Top 8 in 4 of his last 5. Over 26 PPG.

AR teams are not "reserved". They score points - a lot of them.

Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10020602)
Some people can't. "We are 3-0, but but, we are not winning the right way!" Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, but we are finding a way to win, which is a lot different from last year.

LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10020608)
I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

Indeed, but this place will be a fun read after our first loss.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020623)
5th best in run blocking seems generous but it is what it is.

I agree, but I really think they added in Alex's runs... add in JC's 55 yds to Alex's 57 yds on a 7.1 yards per carry in week 2? Guess that makes a big difference on this run ranking.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020611)
....and no new OL players? oh, that's right -- players aren't the deciding factor, coaches/schemes are...

Chicago has an entirely new OL. Only the center remains from last year's squad.

3/5 of the Chargers' line is new. Hardwick and Clary are the holdovers.

But our excuse is that we need time to "gel".