ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10020608)
I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10020627)
Yep. he also had QB's that could throw past 10 yards.

Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

Bwana 09-26-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020628)
LMAO He was being sarcastic and mocking some fans.

Nooooooo :)

tredadda 09-26-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10020634)
I'd rather win pretty like Denver than win ugly, but hey why strive to do that huh?

I would rather just win.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10020614)
i'd like to apologize to our sensitive fans for posting an article about football on a football message board...

i clearly have mental issues, and will now go commit myself to inpatient therapy along with Aldon Smith...

it is harmful to discuss football with football fans, I will also attempt to contact the author of this article and explain to him that his life is miserable and that he should kill himself...

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY WITH 3-0?

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020626)
I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

You think Reid wouldn't get massive heat for that?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10020626)
I don't like nor am I agreeing with how the offense is going at the moment. I believe in driving the dagger deep until the enemy stops twitching :) I'm just not seeing it so far. Whatever the reason may be.

Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10020589)
If you take away all defensive scores, the Chiefs would be tied with the Bills for 19th in the league in points per game.

Yeah, that seems realistic. Better than 23rd but not much better. I gotta believe the o-line performance will improve and its great that we are getting wins while still going thru growing pains.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020615)
... and how are their defenses doing? Is there defense stopping teams to 11.3 pts per game? Hmmm let's take a look...

KC - 11.3 pts per game allowed.
CH - 24.7 pts per game allowed.
SD - 27 pts per game allowed.
PH - 28.7 pts per game allowed.

Something very different here... wonder what it could be? Maybe thsoe other teams are forced into getting back from bigger deficits? Hmm.....

What ya got, BigMouth58? nothing to say?

dirk digler 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10020635)
Welp, that's on him.

He hand-picked the guy who won't throw downfield.

I agree and I don't quite understand it.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10020640)
I would guess Reid doesn't want to create injuries to his main players by fully crushing an opponent when he doesn't have to. Imagine if he did go all out on the Jaguars in the 2nd half and this allowed for a season-ender to Bowe.

You think Reid wouldn't get massive heat for that?

Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10020645)
I agree and I don't quite understand it.

I do, I just don't agree with it...

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020642)
Smith is a logical guy.

He locates the easiest completion with lowest risk.

He completes the pass.

He moves on to the next down.

I'm sure that if Bowe was wide open by 10 or more yards he'd get thrown the ball. Honestly, that's not Bowe's game. You just have to trust Bowe to be Bowe and most of the time he'll make the play.

He also seems to be one of those WR's that's like a HB: the more he gets the ball the better he gets.

actually, so far, he's made the play asked of him only 53% of the time... :(

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10020638)
I would rather just win.

It does beat losing, but wouldn't you like to beat mediocre teams like the Eagles/Cowboys a little more convincingly? That would make me feel better heading into the playoffs since winning in the playoffs is sort of what's it's all about. I'd like to see a 14 point plus beatdown of the Giants this week.

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020647)
Playing football is dangerous.

You still play until the final whistle...

You play... but you can half-ass it to protect certain players in an obvious win.