ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10022172)
and he took the HALEY'S to the playoffs!!!!

<b>and lost it almost completely by himself.</b>

Not true, but beside the point. A mediocre/below avg QB CAN win a SB, but the odds of it aren't good.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022166)
And the goal is to win, correct?

Even so, you came up with 5 guys. Not exactly proving him wrong.

My post wasn't intended to prove him wrong, it was to provide the answer to his question.

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:43 PM

You know, I wonder if Matt Hasselbeck is the kind of quarterback we should be anticipating/comparing.

Does anyone really have a problem with that, provided a QBOTF is selected in the next 2 years?

warrior 09-26-2013 02:44 PM

Yes Kapernick was very impressive his last two games, we'll see if he continues to lite it up tonight.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10022186)
You know, I wonder if Matt Hasselbeck is the kind of quarterback we should be anticipating/comparing.

Does anyone really have a problem with that, provided a QBOTF is selected in the next 2 years?

I think that's probably the best comparison, although I believe Smith to be a better athlete and more cerebral about the game.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 02:45 PM

I'd love to play poker with some of you - you seem like the types that would call a three bet cold, putting yourself all-in with pocket 5's.

Sure, it could win you the pot, but the odds are beyond terrible.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10022180)
Not true, but beside the point. A mediocre/below avg QB CAN win a SB, but the odds of it aren't good.

The odds of any QB winning the Super Bowl isn't good

dirk digler 09-26-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10022124)
I don't think he can do it like Flacco did, for sure - he's a much different QB.

But I think he could do it like he did against the Saints. He wasn't bombing downfield in that game, but he did make some big time runs to keep drives alive. He did find guys squirting out the backfield to make something out of nothing.

He did...well exactly what he's done for us so far.

He's not a tall, statuesque pocket passer that's going to do much of anything sexy to win football games. He's going to go out there and try to win ugly. Is that my preferred approach? Nah, not really. I like Geno and I like Tyler Bray as well.

But it's won games in this league for a very long time. It got Gannon deified here in KC. It made Tarkenton a HOFer. It got Alex Smith within an eyelash of a Super Bowl.

To say it 'can't' happen here is just foolish. The odds strongly suggest it won't happen here, but anyone that says it can't is just being a mindless ideologue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10022127)
I think it's certainly within the realm of possibility. Sure, it's definitely less likely than a slew of other candidates. If Brad Johnson can win one, and Rex Grossman can get there and nearly win one, then by golly, Alex smith can win one as well.

There's just probably more things that need to go right and more quality levels of performance from those around him required to achieve that kind of success, especially on a consistent level. It's not a right or wrong thing, it's a "Here's our limitations, how do we deal with it?" thing.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for your input. My opinion is the NFL is now a passing league and in order to win you have to get "chunks" of yards so that is one of the biggest reasons why I don't think Alex will ever win one.

Maybe my stance will change in a month when we face Peyton.

the Talking Can 09-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10022186)

would i sleep with a fat chick today, if a hot one was promised to me in 2 years?

i'd sleep with a fatty sans promises, but sure, I mean what are we going to say, no to finally drafting a ****ing QB...

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022193)
I'd love to play poker with some of you - you seem like the types that would call a three bet cold, putting yourself all-in with pocket 5's.

I have no idea what you just said.

Which would be why I don't play poker.

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022192)
I think that's probably the best comparison, although I believe Smith to be a better athlete and more cerebral about the game.

I have no idea why it took so long for us to make that comparison.

WTF brain?

keg in kc 09-26-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10022195)
The odds of any QB winning the Super Bowl isn't good

Maybe we should just go without!

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10022197)
would i sleep with a fat chick today, if a hot one was promised to me in 2 years?

i'd sleep with a fatty sans promises, but sure, I mean what are we going to say, no to finally drafting a ****ing QB...

I mean, Hasselbeck did get royally ****ed out of a SB win.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10022193)

Oh, come on.

Do you really believe that Alex Smith would be anyone's first choice as a starting QB?

As fans, we play the cards we're dealt.

I've said it all year long: Alex Smith is NOT Matt Cassel, despite GoChiefs false narrative.

Sorter 09-26-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10022199)
I have no idea what you just said.

Which would be why I don't play poker.

It's a skill I wish I had. I've never really learned.