ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Late night bullshit: time well spent on ChiefsPlanet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275877)

Direckshun 09-04-2013 10:33 PM

Late night bullshit: time well spent on ChiefsPlanet.

Most of us regulars here on this board have posted on this board thousands of times, and have burned hundreds of hours talking, ****ing around, and having fun 'round these parts.

When you look back on it, should the universe end in about 10 minutes, do you feel your time on ChiefsPlanet was relatively well spent? That the persona you adopted on this board was in any way something worth your time?

That's why, I guess, why I never quite understood trolling. It just doesn't seem to be a good use of one's time. Who wants to look back on their time and say "I spent hundreds of hours on a football board adopting a false persona to **** with people," or "I spent hundreds of hours on a football board insulting people and arguing things I don't even believe in the off chance somebody would overreact, which sometimes happened."

I don't even know how to define "time well spent" on ChiefsPlanet, if such a thing actually exists.

I guess this is less productive thread idea and more of a stream of conciousness. Feel free to fill this thread with cat gifs. LMAO

Hammock Parties 09-04-2013 10:35 PM

Chiefsplanet has been very, very good to me.

AussieChiefsFan 09-04-2013 10:35 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...zzmyo1_500.gif

KCrockaholic 09-04-2013 10:41 PM

Yeah this place is cool. So is my PS3. I spend time on a lot of things that don't matter. And enjoy them.

TLO 09-04-2013 10:50 PM

I love this place. I actually spend more time reading then I do posting.

Sorter 09-04-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9939282)
Feel free to fill this thread with only ocelot gifs. LMAO

Fixed

Bugeater 09-04-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9939300)
Yeah this place is cool. So is my PS3. I spend time on a lot of things that don't matter. And enjoy them.

Yep. It really isn't any different than sitting around watching TV. Plus you can tell people to **** off here, you can't do that to people on TV.

vailpass 09-04-2013 10:53 PM

Absolutely time well spent. Great diversion while doing things, many good people here. And always fun to bust a vagina.

Dante84 09-04-2013 10:55 PM

I enjoy it quite a bit. I understand so much more about football, get insight into my favorite pastime (the Chiefs), get to keep in the loop with current events back home (KC), and find out major news stories on here (school shootings, OBL's death, etc..), and get to make smart ass comments and puns in 95% of my posts.

It's a great escape for me, and I am thankful I have it.

BossChief 09-04-2013 10:56 PM

I was just getting ready to start a LNB thread on who people think will be the Chiefs breakout players of 2013.

Thanks, shun.

Thig Lyfe 09-04-2013 10:57 PM

Every single one of my posts is more worthy of existence than any of the works of the Renaissance.

Phobia 09-04-2013 10:57 PM

I have lifelong friends as a result of time spent on this site. That's time well-spent. I could go down a huge list justifying the time wasted here but it's a hobby, like any other. It works for me.

Bugeater 09-04-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9939338)
Every single one of my posts is more worthy of existence than any of the works of the Renaissance.

Especially that one where you said "Peyton Manning". That was truly epic.

SLAG 09-04-2013 10:59 PM

This thread has lost its burst

DaFace 09-04-2013 10:59 PM

I follow the team much more closely now that I can read and discuss the nuances of the game that you just can't get as a casual fan. That's fun, even if the team is in the shitter.

I've gotten to know a handful of people casually, learned a lot of stuff about servers, SQL, and more through my time as an admin, and hell, I got a job here that I kept for more than 5 years.

I think that qualifies as time well spent.