ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc How much did you spend on your Christmas tree? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238740)

MOhillbilly 12-20-2010 03:32 PM

dont mess with secs arrowheads !

HemiEd 12-20-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7276610)
When I was single.......it was this. People at work always used to ask me why I didn't decorate my apartment and put up a tree. Apparently they didn't understand that I was never at home during the holidays....and I didn't want to deal with all of that stupid bullshit.

And the really cool part, after the Holidays are over, you don't have to go out in the cold and take stuff down.

You don't have to break an ankle putting it back in the attic. (my wife really did that)

But with children, it is a fun thing to do together, and enjoy together. Mine still talk about those big bulbed blue lights I used to trim the entire house with each year.

seclark 12-20-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7276882)
dont mess with secs arrowheads !

word...she knows i'd kick her ass if i could.
sec

Frosty 12-20-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7276900)
And the really cool part, after the Holidays are over, you don't have to go out in the cold and take stuff down.

Eh - I live in Redneckville so I just leave most of the lights up all year (don't turn them on, tho).

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7276900)
But with children, it is a fun thing to do together, and enjoy together. Mine still talk about those big bulbed blue lights I used to trim the entire house with each year.

My wife loves to decorate the house so we currently have lights, snowmen and garlands everywhere. I enjoy the lights. I imagine that we will do this even after the boys move out.

seclark 12-20-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 7276916)
Eh - I live in Redneckville so I just leave most of the lights up all year (don't turn them on, tho).

My wife loves to decorate the house so we currently have lights, snowmen and garlands everywhere. I enjoy the lights. I imagine that we will do this even after the boys move out.

my wife left me up on the roof to go to town and buy more lights. she did tell the daughter to bring me up a beer while i waited for her.
sec

Frosty 12-20-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7276937)
my wife left me up on the roof to go to town and buy more lights. she did tell the daughter to bring me up a beer while i waited for her.
sec

LMAO

I don't go on my roof. Too high and steep.

Donger 12-20-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7276937)
sec

Do you use LEDs? Compared to incandescent lights, they use significantly less energy.

bsp4444 12-20-2010 03:56 PM

Fresh cut cedar from the farm. No cost and the house smells awesome.

seclark 12-20-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7276948)
Do you use LEDs? Compared to incandescent lights, they use significantly less energy.

how the f@ck do i know, donger??? she gives me the lights, and i hang the c@cksuckers up on the house while pouting.

leds...incandescent...bullshit!
Merry Christmas.
sec

Donger 12-20-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7276961)
how the f@ck do i know, donger??? she gives me the lights, and i hang the c@cksuckers up on the house while pouting.

Merry Christmas.
sec

LMAO

Just trying to save you a little money. It's pretty easy to tell what kind they are.

HemiEd 12-20-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Merry Christmas.
sec

ROFL

seclark 12-20-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7276968)
LMAO

Just trying to save you a little money. It's pretty easy to tell what kind they are.

spare me...they're usually trashed when i yank them down after Christmas in a friggin ice storm anyways.
sec

4th and Long 12-20-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Merry Christmas.
sec

ROFL LMAO

Frosty 12-20-2010 04:00 PM

The LED lights are lot better now than even a couple of years ago. I really like them, especially on the tree, since they don't get hot.

Donger 12-20-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 7276975)
spare me...they're usually trashed when i yank them down after Christmas in a friggin ice storm anyways.
sec

Our HOA starts sending out nasty letters if they aren't down by mid January. So, when we get a nice day ASAP after New Year's, all the hubbies are outside doing the same thing. It's like the lawn mowing scene from She's Having a Baby.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-SVb0sqd4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L-SVb0sqd4A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>