ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Europa Universalis 4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275937)

Pasta Little Brioni 09-06-2013 07:11 PM

Europa Universalis 4

Anybody playing? This game isn't for everybody, but holeee shit it is in depth.

Pants 09-06-2013 11:09 PM

You want depth, brah? Try Crusader Kings 2.

I'm waist deep into Total War: Rome II right now, though.

Loneiguana 09-07-2013 07:54 AM

I really want to play it.

Currently finishing my Game of Crusader Kings 2 so I use the save game converter to convert the end save to Europa and continue to play as the Empire of France.

Because of school it will be a few months.

Also, I have to play Total War too when school is done.

So many games released at the wrong time.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-07-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 9946667)
I really want to play it.

Currently finishing my Game of Crusader Kings 2 so I use the save game converter to convert the end save to Europa and continue to play as the Empire of France.

Because of school it will be a few months.

Also, I have to play Total War too when school is done.

So many games released at the wrong time.

I enjoy, but like I said it's not for everyone heh. Madden ballas would be bored to tears and would get curb stomped.

Loneiguana 09-08-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9946791)
I enjoy, but like I said it's not for everyone heh. Madden ballas would be bored to tears and would get curb stomped.

I enjoyed Europa 3, though I never reached the time period where the game just ends. From what I've read, the improvements sound great.

Crusader Kings 2 is friggin fun though. At some point, if I ever have time, I want to bring about the Roman Empire in Kings and convert the save to Europa.

But yea, not for everyone. But I love history so that helps.

Sidenote, my history professor this semester plays Civ. And brings it up in class. Going to be a good semester.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-08-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 9949388)
I enjoyed Europa 3, though I never reached the time period where the game just ends. From what I've read, the improvements sound great.

Crusader Kings 2 is friggin fun though. At some point, if I ever have time, I want to bring about the Roman Empire in Kings and convert the save to Europa.

But yea, not for everyone. But I love history so that helps.

Sidenote, my history professor this semester plays Civ. And brings it up in class. Going to be a good semester.

I played a bunch more yesterday. It really tests ya mentally at times lol. One wrong decision and everything you worked hours for can be undone in minutes.

Loneiguana 09-08-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9949730)
I played a bunch more yesterday. It really tests ya mentally at times lol. One wrong decision and everything you worked hours for can be undone in minutes.

I'm most excited for the trade improvements. I never like how the did trade in 3.

Aries Walker 09-08-2013 01:48 PM

The danger of being a history student who plays Civilization or Crusader Kings is in thinking that history is improving in a steady uphill climb. Otherwise, it's crazy fun to play alternate history and see what happened if, say, Ireland conquered the world.

Loneiguana 09-09-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9952054)
The danger of being a history student who plays Civilization or Crusader Kings is in thinking that history is improving in a steady uphill climb. Otherwise, it's crazy fun to play alternate history and see what happened if, say, Ireland conquered the world.

That is one of my biggest gripes about Civ. and the other games like it.

I wish Civ would have like a dark age or something where civilizations fall.

A few Mods of done it. Rise of Mankind for Civ4 and some other one, I am forgetting the name.

I think Crusader Kings does an okay job of it. It only takes a few bad things to happen to your family and you can lose everything.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-11-2013 07:52 AM

For as tedious it can be there are some intense moments heh. Got set back a few years by losing a war I started for not realizing a certain power would join the other side.

AndChiefs 09-11-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9962204)
For as tedious it can be there are some intense moments heh. Got set back a few years by losing a war I started for not realizing a certain power would join the other side.

I got smoked by France who allied with all of my neighbors. One of them finally attacked me and drew France in. It wasn't pretty.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-11-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9962225)
I got smoked by France who allied with all of my neighbors. One of them finally attacked me and drew France in. It wasn't pretty.

Yeah I have 5 provinces in coalition against me and they all are working on alliances with powers. Am also starting to get warned. Guess I better ease off the expansion. I had some killer allies I eventually lost.

jspchief 09-11-2013 08:23 AM

These for PC?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-11-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9962254)
These for PC?

Yup

Pasta Little Brioni 09-11-2013 03:36 PM

France is getting evicerated heh