ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hi, I'm Zepsinger. I just had my first Field Sobriety Test. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269774)

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9384858)
That, and it will just piss you off

Reeaaaally. :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts 02-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384890)
lol. wow.
wonder how many it would take for my fatass to go over.

my BIL is a state troooper; maybe I could borrow his breatalyzer and see how long it takes lol

That's pretty much how it went down. He offered it as a civilian courtesy. Promised he wouldn't entrap us as it was against the law, just wanted us to know where we stood. Pretty cool of him really. I'd never done one before, and haven't done one since.

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:12 PM

another dead-horse;
installing sanctioned/calibrated machines at bars and or the like.

never happen, but I always thought it was interesting.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384908)
another dead-horse;
installing sanctioned/calibrated machines at bars and or the like.

never happen, but I always thought it was interesting.

I don't know if they're sanctioned or calibrated, but they have them in bars down here in Hillbilly Hollywood.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384890)
lol. wow.
wonder how many it would take for my fatass to go over.

my BIL is a state troooper; maybe I could borrow his breatalyzer and see how long it takes lol

My cousins got to get drunk for free and get tested on highway patrol simulators for the last 3 years.

I've been begging to get in on that. They'd learn more from me than them anyway...

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:17 PM

on a side note; he mentioned that it's a frequent 'professional courtesy' for officers to let their fellow LEOs go if they're sslightly above .08 etc.
not shitfaced, but enough to wear the average Joe would get the hammer.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384925)
on a side note; he mentioned that it's a frequent 'professional courtesy' for officers to let their fellow LEOs go if they're sslightly above .08 etc.

That doesn't work for CO's.

A shame, you'd think there'd be some brotherhood but...no.

teedubya 02-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9383396)
Yeah, thanks. Just totaled the poor kid's truck. Over the fear for my son, now angry as hell. :(

That sucks, man. But, count your blessings.

ThaVirus 02-07-2013 12:24 PM

I've driven home some nights and woke up the next morning with only a spotty memory of the ride home, yet go outside to see my car perfectly backed into the parking space. ****ing weird.

I've really scaled back my drinking and driving now that I'm a bit older and have seen more than a few friends get slapped with DUIs, but now I wonder how much I would have blown on some of those nights.

Nzoner 02-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384925)

The father of my best friend in high school was a HP and there were a few instances when he was pulled over by other HP's and was let off with a warning because he was a brother's kid.

bevischief 02-07-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9384870)
1) If you are drunk you WILL smell like booze. Open the sun roof/moon roof (why is there a difference?) and keep the windows only cracked enough to pass your information.

2) Keep the vents on to blow clean air in.

3) Avoid getting pulled over. Most of the FST's or DRE training the cops get only requires you to speak or perform (or not perform) the most basic of functions.

4) DO NOT take the most direct route home. The shorter the distance you give someone to evaluate your performance the smaller the sample size. Make turns. Often. Stop often. Turn again.

If you're drunk and on the highway someone will spot you. It's inevitable.

5)Any time it's even a question a cab call is always less expensive than a fine...

There is are services up here for $20 they drive you and car home. They have their cards in every bar up here.

Dayze 02-07-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9384956)
I've driven home some nights and woke up the next morning with only a spotty memory of the ride home, yet go outside to see my car perfectly backed into the parking space. ****ing weird.

I've really scaled back my drinking and driving now that I'm a bit older and have seen more than a few friends get slapped with DUIs, but now I wonder how much I would have blown on some of those nights.

NTTAWWT

Nzoner 02-07-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9384963)
NTTAWWT

:D

bevischief 02-07-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9384915)
My cousins got to get drunk for free and get tested on highway patrol simulators for the last 3 years.

I've been begging to get in on that. They'd learn more from me than them anyway...

North Dakota State last year was offering $20 an for about 4 hours for a study they were doing.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9384961)
There is are services up here for $20 they drive you and car home. They have their cards in every bar up here.

Good idea.

Might take a year or 20 to catch on in the cowtowns of MidMo...