ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

hometeam 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

DayZ

With the DayZ standalone playable alpha release looming, I thought I would check out the mod version of the game. http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

If you dont know, DayZ is an open world survival zombie game modification based off of the military sim ArmA 2 games. www.dayzmod.com

Basically its hardcore mode survival against zombies and even more dangerous, other players.

I have been watching vids for months and took advantage of a steam sale today to pick up ArmA 2.

Anyone playing DayZ right now? Servers? Thoughts? I have a teamspeak we can use!

jd1020 02-21-2013 08:07 PM

Played it for a short while.

It's cool and fun at first but after awhile it gets boring. There's nothing to do in the game. It's like a MMO where you do nothing but grind mobs, except when you die you lose it all.

QuikSsurfer 02-21-2013 10:05 PM

Played it heavily over the summer. Was playing with about 8 other guys on a daily basis.. Some great times.
My buddy just got it loaded up (it's available on steam now - the DayZ mod)
Tonight we actually jumped on a vanilla server -- good times. Got to Elektro and raided a bit before admin had to bounce servers.

hometeam 02-21-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9424412)
Played it heavily over the summer. Was playing with about 8 other guys on a daily basis.. Some great times.
My buddy just got it loaded up (it's available on steam now - the DayZ mod)
Tonight we actually jumped on a vanilla server -- good times. Got to Elektro and raided a bit before admin had to bounce servers.

Yea thats the reason i picked it up today, as it can be ran easily from steam. I have been watching the mod, and especially the standalone release for quite some time. I need people to play with!

hometeam 02-23-2013 07:54 AM

I really figured this thread would get a little more action -

That being said you can find me playing thelaughingman private hive server #2, i have already figured out the game fairly well. Seems like it could be ALOT more fun with a crew.

jd1020 02-23-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9427728)
I really figured this thread would get a little more action -

That being said you can find me playing thelaughingman private hive server #2, i have already figured out the game fairly well. Seems like it could be ALOT more fun with a crew.

Well... DayZ takes more than your typical WoW computer to run it.

hometeam 02-23-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9427905)
Well... DayZ takes more than your typical WoW computer to run it.

I guess thats true.. im running maxed even with fraps going, I have a pretty stout rig. Even so, a decent mid range i5 2500k based machine should be able to run it fairly well.

Buck 12-23-2013 09:57 PM

I'm watching this streamed on Twitch and damn I want to buy it right now. Who has it?

hometeam 12-23-2013 11:57 PM

I do.

notorious 12-24-2013 12:06 AM

I gave it a test drive today.

No weapons, no zombies. It has a long way to go.

hometeam 12-24-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10308147)
I gave it a test drive today.

No weapons, no zombies. It has a long way to go.

There are plenty of weapons. Way easier in fact, than the mod to get geared up.

As for zombies, the servers cant handle more right now, but there are some.

notorious 12-24-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10308152)
There are plenty of weapons. Way easier in fact, than the mod to get geared up.

As for zombies, the servers cant handle more right now, but there are some.

Must have been a dry server.

hometeam 12-24-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10308153)
Must have been a dry server.

The way the spawning system works right now, each loot spot spawns once when the server is reset. Dynamic server spawning will come in the next update.

kcxiv 12-24-2013 02:56 AM

i looked at this game here and there, but what kinda computer do you need? Ever since i quit MMO's i havent had the need to build a computer, so mines pretty damned old now.

notorious 12-24-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10308179)
The way the spawning system works right now, each loot spot spawns once when the server is reset. Dynamic server spawning will come in the next update.

Cool to know.

I still have purchase a graphics card. The mod ran decent on my laptop and new desktop, but the stand alone is obviously a step up in graphics power. Yikes.