ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Elvis Dumervil Trolling the Broncos (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271483)

Alex Smith 4Ever 03-26-2013 03:55 PM

He has a point. No one chokes like Peyton Manning

FD 03-26-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9531063)
Really?

Really?

Flacco probably played a splash better but Peyton had the game won until Rahim Moore...this place is full of ****ing reeruns though so I'm not surprised the current QB on the current Super Bowl champion is considered the best NFL QB on this board...

I'll have my lol next year when Flacco has another average at very best regular season and the Ravens go 8-8 and suddenly he will have the worst contract ever according to this board.

You're all so dumb.

He was better and Rahim Moore has nothing to do with it. The Ravens spotted Manning 14 points off special teams TDs in that game, too.

MTG#10 03-26-2013 04:00 PM

In Hootie's defense, PM has won a Superbowl...its not like the guy has never done anything. In their prime I would take Peyton any day over Flacco, but choosing a brokedick 37 year old Manning over Flacco right now is absurd.

DaWolf 03-26-2013 04:06 PM

I'd take Tom Brady over both of em...

BigMeatballDave 03-26-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9531159)
I'd take Tom Brady over both of em...

Tom will be 36 soon. I'd still take Flacco over him.

-King- 03-26-2013 04:16 PM

Manning wasn't even the best player on his team when the Colts won the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 03-26-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9531185)
Manning wasn't even the best player on his team when the Colts won the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heh, pretty much. Their D gets more credit for that SB run.

RyFo18 03-26-2013 04:37 PM

There are some great arguments for each side (Flacco vs Manning). Let's face it though, Manning's best days are way past him. He doesn't have the velocity he once had to throw sideline to sideline and he has had a tendency to fold in big games in the past.

Flacco is not on the same level as Manning in that he's typically not going to throw a ton of passes or make pre-snap adjustments every single play (to which you could call Manning's fault b/c he often abandons the run). But Flacco's deep ball is a very unique characteristic he has and that is a huge part of why the Ravens won the games they did. Credit Jim Caldwell with the run-first mentality he brought to the Ravens as soon as he took over as OC. It made a tremendous difference for the Ravens offense as they were able to make more big plays down the field.

Flacco, with a good OC, is an excellent combination to have on your team, and it's nearly yielded them two super bowl appearances (someone else brought up the Lee Evans drop against the Patriots). I'd much rather have 28 year old Joe Flacco for the next 10 years than 2 years of "win now" with Peyton Manning, and it's not even close.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-26-2013 05:04 PM

If we're talking strictly 2013, I'm taking Manning

-King- 03-26-2013 05:09 PM

The thing is... both of them are capable of taking a team to the playoffs, but only one has shown the ability to win consistently in the playoffs.

Simply Red 03-26-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9530788)
Well he's right :)

It's amazing how quickly last year went by.

Psyko Tek 03-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9530974)
Nice watching Chiefs fans bash teams with QBs....

Yet we cant field a QB to save our asses...

I am sorry
now that we the fan base are in charge of finding a QB it will get better

okcchief 03-26-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9530974)
Nice watching Chiefs fans bash teams with QBs....

Yet we cant field a QB to save our asses...

Reerun is the perfect name for you. I guess broken record was taken?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-26-2013 05:59 PM

Peyton is a regular season stud. Maybe even the best. When the games start to matter he just doesn't come through often enough. That was the knock on him in college I hear.

KCwolf 03-26-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9530969)
I'd still take Manning over Flacco every time.

You failed Statistics