ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cunningham rips Sims (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142016)

The Poz 06-09-2006 10:04 AM

Cunningham rips Sims

Chiefs | Cunningham rips Sims when he appeared tired
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:37:50 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs DL Ryan Sims was the recipient of a tongue-lashing Thursday, June 8, from defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham after Sims appeared tired in the 90-degree heat. Head coach Herman Edwards conceded in the spring that Sims showed up for minicamp a few pounds heavy.

Fat bastard deserves it!

StcChief 06-09-2006 10:05 AM

Sims is on his way out.....

DaKCMan AP 06-09-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf
Sims is on his way out.....

to dinner?

el borracho 06-09-2006 10:10 AM

How is this news? Gunther yells at everyone.

Kerberos 06-09-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
How is this news? Gunther yells at everyone.

But he doesn't yell at EVERYONE for being a Overweight, Out of Shape, Overeating FAT LAZY PIECE OF SHIT BASTARD.

So there is some news in this post.

BigChiefFan 06-09-2006 10:23 AM

Sims apparently doesn't have the heart to push himself and it has cost us dearly. Sims can't be gone soon enough, IMO. It's a shame, too, because he has talent, he just lacks the desire to make a difference. He got his paycheck and took a drive on easy-street. I hope the recent DT additions this offseason push his ass out the door or cause him to step up his game in a big way. Sims has run out of excuses in my book-it's time to deliver and earn part of that fat check, twinkie-eatin' mother ****er.

Fish 06-09-2006 10:30 AM

I may be alone on my thinking here.... but I still think Sims is the better DT out of what we have right now. I'm not saying he deserves the money he's getting, but sadly he's going to be starting come opening day....

JMO....

and Rocky Bernard could have changed all that too....

bobbything 06-09-2006 10:33 AM

IIRC, didn't Sims play alongside of Julius Peppers in college? It's not too hard to look good when the whole offensive line is blocking one other person.

Sims. Bust. Move on.

cadmonkey 06-09-2006 10:43 AM

Randell Cunningham has a problem with Phil Sims?

huh, who woulda thunk it!

JBucc 06-09-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish

I had all but forgotten about him, the you had to bring it up again! I hate you :harumph:

el borracho 06-09-2006 10:46 AM

Am I the only one left who thinks Sims can be a great player? His career so far has been derailed by two things: playing in Grob's read and react system and injury- not laziness. If Sims ever plays a full season under Gun I think you will be surprised.

JBucc 06-09-2006 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Am I the only one left who thinks Sims can be a great player? His career so far has been derailed by two things: playing in Grob's read and react system and injury- not laziness. If Sims ever plays a full season under Gun I think you will be surprised.

You and Gaz

Fire Me Boy! 06-09-2006 10:47 AM

I believe pretty much EVERYONE during the draft said Sims made Peppers better, not the other way around.

Sometimes everybody screws up. I also remember a story about the GM of the Packers calling Carl Peterson after we drafted S William Bartee and said we just picked the best CORNER of the draft.

Fire Me Boy! 06-09-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
You and Gaz

Put Roof Pig! on that bus, too!

kcxiv 06-09-2006 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish

Cept he never really wanted to leave seattle. He has it good there, he got a new contract, he is on the best team in the NFC. WHy leave?