ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Victory for Jamie Oliver in the U.S. as McDonald’s is forced to stop using pink slime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278111)

BIG_DADDY 10-30-2013 11:53 AM

Victory for Jamie Oliver in the U.S. as McDonald’s is forced to stop using pink slime

TV chef was disgusted to discover ammonium hydroxide was being used by McDonald's to convert fatty beef offcuts into a beef filler for burgers

'Why would any sensible human being want to put ammonia-filled meat into their children's mouths? asked Jamie Oliver

McDonald's denies its hand had been forced by TV campaign

Full story and video's here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-recipe.html

TLO 10-30-2013 11:55 AM

Horray!

journeyscarab 10-30-2013 12:11 PM

Nuggets for everyone!

Frosty 10-30-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10140970)
'Why would any sensible human being want to put ammonia-filled meat into their children's mouths? asked Jamie Oliver

:facepalm:

Hopefully he also doesn't eat cheese, baked goods or chocolate because ammonia is used to make those too. It's also naturally in a lot of foods including veggies and milk.

Lonewolf Ed 10-30-2013 12:33 PM

McD's and other fast food places sucked before, sucked now, and will suck after this. It's just how it is. If you want good food, cook it yourself. Even then, you're taking your chances with all the additives and other bollocks that goes into our food.

Fish 10-30-2013 12:40 PM

Ammonium hydroxide is produced naturally and is present in meat despite any production process at all. It's in just about everything you eat, to some degree.

Quote:

Ammonia based compounds are naturally occurring and can be found in every component of a bacon cheeseburger (bun, bacon, cheese, condiments, and beef). Baked goods, including breads will have ranges from 400 to 32,000 ppm (for the sake of illustration, we'll use the low end of the range). Bacon has approximately 48,000 ppm nitrogen (nitrates), with 160 ppm in the form of ammonia. Condiments, relishes, and cheeses have levels up to 8,000 ppm (for the sake of illustration, we'll use 400 ppm for the condiments and 1,000 ppm for American cheese). Between the naturally occurring levels and small amounts used in our food safety system, beef may have about 200 ppm. So, for the illustration, we've taken these amounts and multiplied by the weight of the typical bacon double cheeseburger to show the full picture.

Bacon Cheesburger
Bun - 2 oz = 50 mg (440 ppm)
Bacon - 1 oz = 16 mg (160 ppm)
Condiments – 2 oz = 50 mg (400 ppm)
Cheese – 1.5 oz = 76 mg (813 ppm)
Beef – 3.2 oz = 40 mg (200 ppm)

This is really nothing new. In fact, the presence or use of ammonia in foods has been studied for years. For example, the table below contains information developed in 1973 as part of a study printed in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Frosty 10-30-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141165)
Ammonium hydroxide is produced naturally and is present in meat despite any production process at all. It's in just about everything you eat, to some degree.

Someone alert Jamie Oliver so he can be further outraged.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-30-2013 12:44 PM

welcome to 21 months ago you moron.

Fairplay 10-30-2013 12:50 PM

McDonald's is my kind of place!

Fish 10-30-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10141178)
Someone alert Jamie Oliver so he can be further outraged.

Seriously. I know it sounds bad, because people naturally think of a simple bottle of cleaning ammonia under the sink. But it's present in every single bread, dairy, and meat product you buy. And it's in most condiments as well.

Cheese contains the highest concentrations. If you've eaten any cheese lately from anywhere, you've ingested plenty of it. Cheese has 4-5 times the concentration of beef.

saphojunkie 10-30-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141165)

LMAO at citing the bun, cheese, and condiments as natural foods.

saphojunkie 10-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141210)
Seriously. I know it sounds bad, because people naturally think of a simple bottle of cleaning ammonia under the sink. But it's present in every single bread, dairy, and meat product you buy. And it's in most condiments as well.

Cheese contains the highest concentrations. If you've eaten any cheese lately from anywhere, you've ingested plenty of it. Cheese has 4-5 times the concentration of beef.

Exactly, because they're all dogshit. Just because something is common, that doesn't make it normal or healthy.

BlackHelicopters 10-30-2013 12:56 PM

There's beef in McDonalds burgers? Who knew?

Frosty 10-30-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141210)

But it has [spooky] chemicals [/spooky] in it!!!

InChiefsHeaven 10-30-2013 12:58 PM

It's because they PUT it in the meat.

Personally, I don't give a shit. I like McDonalds, in moderation.

KCUnited 10-30-2013 01:00 PM

No pink slime kids, now get that clown suit on so we can go door to door threatening people to give you some candy.

Fish 10-30-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10141223)
Exactly, because they're all dogshit. Just because something is common, that doesn't make it normal or healthy.

Do you have any idea why it's included? It greatly reduces bacterial contamination. So... yeah.... it's both normal and healthy.

Buck 10-30-2013 01:02 PM

Nice! What color is their new slime gonna be?

BIG_DADDY 10-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10141182)
welcome to 21 months ago you moron.

The article was written today. LMAO WOW

mikeyis4dcats. 10-30-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10141295)
The article was written today. LMAO WOW

ORLY?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7...4/Untitled.jpg

ct 10-30-2013 02:12 PM

Jamie oliver is an idiot w/ an agenda

and the peeps who believe his drama queen household ammonia illustration are idiots too

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 10141443)

and the peeps who believe his drama queen household ammonia illustration are idiots too

What agenda? To rid the world of an obesity epidemic we are too stubborn to prevent ourselves?

Overdramatic at times. But he has done a lot to teach kids to cook their own stuff, teach all people to have awareness of what you eat, and to push schools to implement healthier options based on cheaply obtainable fresher food.

It is idiotic to think this is an agenda not worth standing behind. I won't comment on the McDonald's issue specifically because I don't know enough about it, except that I'm sure the food is disgusting in multiple ways

LoneWolf 10-30-2013 02:26 PM

I watched the video and that pink slime looked delicious.

mikey23545 10-30-2013 02:27 PM

Some of you idiots have nothing but pink slime sloshing around in your skulls.

Scientific understanding in this country is shockingly, dangerously low.

Predarat 10-30-2013 02:30 PM

Say goodbye to that 4.80 Big Mac Value Meal (Not super sized)

LoneWolf 10-30-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 10141490)
Some of you idiots have nothing but pink slime sloshing around in your skulls.

Scientific understanding in this country is shockingly, dangerously low.

Hey look everybody! It's Bill Nye!

kepp 10-30-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 10141443)

Of course he has an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. It just seems to me that his agenda is much better for our society than McDonald's agenda is.

CHENZ A! 10-30-2013 02:36 PM

Time to go get a blitz box before they run out of that tasty pink slime.

Saul Good 10-30-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10141506)
Of course he has an agenda. Everyone has an agenda. It just seems to me that his agenda is much better for our society than McDonald's agenda is.

Using scary sounding words to play upon our dreadful lack of understanding of science in order to work the masses into a frenzy is good for society?

Coach 10-30-2013 02:38 PM

Goddammit! I forgot about the Big Mac Sack on Monday!

Bwana 10-30-2013 02:38 PM

Well damn, were is a guy going to get his pink slime fix now!? Never have been one for Mickey D's.

Fritz88 10-30-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 10141136)
McD's and other fast food places sucked before, sucked now, and will suck after this. It's just how it is. If you want good food, cook it yourself. Even then, you're taking your chances with all the additives and other bollocks that goes into our food.

I thought McD was good when it first started. Real sugar, good ground beef, etc. Then they changed after opening so many branches.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 10-30-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10141528)
Well damn, were is a guy going to get his pink slime fix now!? Never have been one for Mickey D's.

miley twerking videos?

Just Passin' By 10-30-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

McDonald's agenda is to make a lot of money by selling as much low cost food as it can. That's a pretty damned good agenda for our society.

Oliver's agenda is to needlessly scare people into eating only what he wants them to eat, while getting his name in the papers.

**** him.

Bwana 10-30-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10141535)
miley twerking videos?

That might get er done Steve!

Ace Gunner 10-30-2013 02:46 PM

"we do it all for you"

stevieray 10-30-2013 02:47 PM

"I'm Mc Barfin it"

Ace Gunner 10-30-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

it's the spice of life, really :drool:

DMAC 10-30-2013 02:49 PM

This is fantastic. I must head there IMMEDIATELY!!!

LoneWolf 10-30-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

It appears from the totally unbiased video that you can make your own pink slime with a washing machine, ammonia, a meat grinder, and just a pinch of love.

Saul Good 10-30-2013 02:54 PM

Is this the same Jamie Oliver that is so scared of his own shadow that he doesn't let his kids use the phone or social media because they might get bullied?

Just Passin' By 10-30-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10141585)
Is this the same Jamie Oliver that is so scared of his own shadow that he doesn't let his kids use the phone or social media because they might get bullied?

He's also the same Jamie Oliver who, back in 2005, vowed to quit public life in 3 years so that he could spend more time with his family, has a net worth of well over $100 million dollars and still regrets that his working (still doing it!) makes him feel like a weekend dad.

kepp 10-30-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10141542)
McDonald's agenda is to make a lot of money by selling as much low cost food as it can. That's a pretty damned good agenda for our society.

Oliver's agenda is to needlessly scare people into eating only what he wants them to eat, while getting his name in the papers.

**** him.

You're kidding, right? You have to be kidding.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10141526)
Using scary sounding words to play upon our dreadful lack of understanding of science in order to work the masses into a frenzy is good for society?

If less people eat McDonald's because they are disgusted by it, then yes, it is good for society. If it encourages people to think extra about the kind of meat they buy, then yes, it's very good for society.

Pink slime or no, McDonald's is bad for you. And collectively, our shit ass food is leading us to an obesity epidemic. People have the right to eat disgusting food if they want to. They also have a right to know exactly what they're eating.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10141665)

I had to do a double take. That's surely one of the first time I've ever heard someone truly believe that eating more McDonald's is better for society than eating healthy.

saphojunkie 10-30-2013 03:32 PM

I am consistently amazed that Midwesterners with conservative "don't screw with me and I won't screw with you" values would be so willingly ****ed over by a bunch of rich ass mother****ers in New York.

For **** sake, farmers in the heartland, ranchers in Texas, and hunters everywhere should know what real food looks and tastes like. Why on earth vilify a guy whose sole message is "your kids should be protected from assholes who want to sell them poison."

And the BEST part is these guys who, in the same breath, defend McDonald's for turning a massive profit, yet dismiss Jamie Oliver for also doing so.

It leads me to one, inexorable conclusion...

You're ****ing morons who deserve to eat yourselves to death.

Bwana 10-30-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10141577)
It appears from the totally unbiased video that you can make your own pink slime with a washing machine, ammonia, a meat grinder, and just a pinch of love.

It sounds like something cousin Eddie would bring over for the Christmas dinner.

"Say Clark, the Mrs and I have a special Holliday recipe for the whole family to try. You're gonna like this!"

http://content9.flixster.com/questio...651639_std.jpg

Eleazar 10-30-2013 03:41 PM

I think most of the aversion to "pink slime" is because there was a photo circulating on the internet that made it look gross. Well, it just looks like ground beef that's more finely ground.

What did people think McNuggets were made from? Like there is a pile of chicken breasts in the dumpster with little mcnugget-shaped holes in them? You're eating fast food. It's crap. If you don't want crap then don't eat fast food. If you don't eat fast food then who cares about this.

Anyway, ammonia is all over your house. It's used to treat wood, it's in the cleaning chemicals you buy or in the chemicals that are cleaned other places you go. It's all over the environment. It's Nitrogen and Hydrogen.

Fish 10-30-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10141670)
If less people eat McDonald's because they are disgusted by it, then yes, it is good for society. If it encourages people to think extra about the kind of meat they buy, then yes, it's very good for society.

Pink slime or no, McDonald's is bad for you. And collectively, our shit ass food is leading us to an obesity epidemic. People have the right to eat disgusting food if they want to. They also have a right to know exactly what they're eating.

I think it's a little excessive to simply say McDonalds is bad for you. There are plenty of healthy options and food that isn't processed to hell and back. The problem arises when people make McDonalds a frequent part of their routine diet, or gorge themselves on 8000 calories worth of McD's at one sitting. People with that behavior are what's leading us to an obesity epidemic. McD's is just their convenient cheap poison of choice. If we banned McD's, they'd simply take their obesity problem across the street to BK or Wendy's.

Eleazar 10-30-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141728)
I think it's a little excessive to simply say McDonalds is bad for you. There are plenty of healthy options and food that isn't processed to hell and back. The problem arises when people make McDonalds a frequent part of their routine diet, or gorge themselves on 8000 calories worth of McD's at one sitting. People with that behavior are what's leading us to an obesity epidemic. McD's is just their convenient cheap poison of choice. If we banned McD's, they'd simply take their obesity problem across the street to BK or Wendy's.

Junk food once in a while isn't going to trash your health if you have an overall healthy diet.

We'd do a hell of a lot better reducing this country's fat ass if they outlawed soft drinks, if we just want to be nazis about it.

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10141728)

I don't think it's excessive. Because even the good options tend to be unhealthy. It's the Panera effect. People think they're eating healthy because they ordered less greasy coldcuts in a sandwich.

Because everything is McDonald's. And most consumers have no idea what they are putting into their bodies, and are often tricked into eating unhealthy stuff they thought was healthy. So i don't have a problem with watchdogs raising awareness of this kind of stuff, especially since McDonald's made a conscious decision to introduce unnatural ingredients into ordinary food in order to save cost. In general, that whole idea of valuing cost effective mass production over natural food is the main reason we have this obesity problem to begin with.

T-post Tom 10-30-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10141126)

Hopefully he also doesn't eat cheese, baked goods or chocolate because ammonia is used to make those too. It's also naturally in a lot of foods including veggies and milk.

Wow. Just wow.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Mega+Fa...b1_3384407.gif

chiefzilla1501 10-30-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10141737)
Junk food once in a while isn't going to trash your health if you have an overall healthy diet.

We'd do a hell of a lot better reducing this country's fat ass if they outlawed soft drinks, if we just want to be nazis about it.

It has to start with education and labeling. People have to better know what they're eating and know how to make meals of their own.

BigMeatballDave 10-30-2013 05:03 PM

Too much alcohol is also bad for you.

Should we stop making it?

Saul Good 10-30-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

So just lie to people because you know what is best for them moreso than they do. Excellent plan.

BIG_DADDY 10-30-2013 05:19 PM

This thread amazes me like almost all threads related to our health. I don't care what any of you want to friggen eat or how many of you want to go to McDonalds irregardless of what I think of them. I am for informing the consumer. GMO's should be labeled. Organic food should be labeled. If you are using fillers it should be labeled. What is it about large percentage of you that want to deny the consumer this very basic right considering they are ingesting it? Is there any other part of the consumer world where you would believe misleading the consumer or denying them the right to know exactly what they are purchasing is valid? This is really a no brainer to me.

BIG_DADDY 10-30-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10141973)

WTF does that have to do with anything? Amazing, you really had to dig deep to come out with that defense.

Saul Good 10-30-2013 05:28 PM

If the idiots who don't vaccinate their kids stop eating at McDonalds, that would make McDonalds safer for the rest of us.

BigMeatballDave 10-30-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10142051)
WTF does that have to do with anything? Amazing, you really had to dig deep to come out with that defense.

LMAO I'm not defending anything.

Brock 10-30-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

They'll just go to wendy's instead.

Cannibal 10-30-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10142035)
This thread amazes me like almost all threads related to our health. I don't care what any of you want to friggen eat or how many of you want to go to McDonalds irregardless of what I think of them. I am for informing the consumer. GMO's should be labeled. Organic food should be labeled. If you are using fillers it should be labeled. What is it about large percentage of you that want to deny the consumer this very basic right considering they are ingesting it? Is there any other part of the consumer world where you would believe misleading the consumer or denying them the right to know exactly what they are purchasing is valid? This is really a no brainer to me.

You're absolutely correct.

Cannibal 10-30-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10141704)
I am consistently amazed that Midwesterners with conservative "don't screw with me and I won't screw with you" values would be so willingly ****ed over by a bunch of rich ass mother****ers in New York.

For **** sake, farmers in the heartland, ranchers in Texas, and hunters everywhere should know what real food looks and tastes like. Why on earth vilify a guy whose sole message is "your kids should be protected from assholes who want to sell them poison."

And the BEST part is these guys who, in the same breath, defend McDonald's for turning a massive profit, yet dismiss Jamie Oliver for also doing so.

Most of them stuff their faces with fast food. They're trying to justify it to themselves.

Just Passin' By 10-30-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10141665)

Why would I be kidding? Low cost food is a good thing.

HonestChieffan 10-30-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Jamies Agenda is to sell more cookbooks and get more tv time so he can make a ton of money.

McDonalds agenda is to sell a lot of fast cheap ass burgers so they make a lot of money.

Society has zero to do with either of them.

Brock 10-30-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10142201)
Jamies Agenda is to sell more cookbooks and get more tv time so he can make a ton of money.

McDonalds agenda is to sell a lot of fast cheap ass burgers so they make a lot of money.

Society has zero to do with either of them.

I realize you're kind of a ****ing moron, but the public food supply and how people abuse it are a societal problem.

NewChief 10-30-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10141704)

Excellent post.

Eleazar 10-30-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10141765)
It has to start with education and labeling. People have to better know what they're eating and know how to make meals of their own.

I don't think the majority of people care what they eat, caring is the problem.

Nobody can guzzle soda and eat junk food all day and claim ignorance about it.

cosmo20002 10-30-2013 06:37 PM

Isn't "pink slime" really just beef the same as any other but it's just smaller amounts that have been separated from the fat and other shit?
Someone named it 'pink slime' and started a whole big thing.

HonestChieffan 10-30-2013 07:47 PM

lean finely textured beef is made from the remnant scraps of cattle carcasses that were once deemed too fatty to go into human food. The scraps are heated and centrifuged to reclaim bits of muscle and then the product is treated with ammonium hydroxide to kill bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli before being mixed into ground beef. Currently, USDA allows these beef products to contain up to 15 percent lean finely textured beef without labeling requirements, but last year the department said it would allow voluntary labeling.

Schools are back to buying ground beef that contains LFTB, USDA says its not an issue, and the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a left leaning outfit even says it became an issue because people thought it was gross.

listopencil 10-30-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10141727)
What did people think McNuggets were made from? Like there is a pile of chicken breasts in the dumpster with little mcnugget-shaped holes in them? You're eating fast food. It's crap. If you don't want crap then don't eat fast food. If you don't eat fast food then who cares about this.

This

Bugeater 10-30-2013 10:35 PM

I'm pretty sure McDonald's announced that they stopped using this stuff over a year ago. But by all means, continue with your outrage.

Dayze 10-30-2013 11:50 PM

can he get rid of saliva laden lisps?

Anyong Bluth 10-31-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10141126)

In meat its used to kill bacteria and antimicrobial to control pathogens.
This is not used when butchering beef such as beef cuts, but when processing beef sometimes. Typically when beef scraps and parts of the animal that would not be fit for human consumption are included as filler.

It's ammonium hydroxide - not naturally occurring ammonia. The only reason it's being used is to prevent things like trace amounts of fecal matter or other nasty parts of the cow that they use. They won't comment on it and I don't think they still do, but at one point cow bone was part of the filler used in the processed beef for McD's patties. A trusty bone grinder, eventually worked into a consistency of a fine powderlike existence. No label or notice issues as its technically 100% "beef".

Anyong Bluth 10-31-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10141754)
I don't think it's excessive. Because even the good options tend to be unhealthy. It's the Panera effect. People think they're eating healthy because they ordered less greasy coldcuts in a sandwich.

Because everything is McDonald's. And most consumers have no idea what they are putting into their bodies, and are often tricked into eating unhealthy stuff they thought was healthy. So i don't have a problem with watchdogs raising awareness of this kind of stuff, especially since McDonald's made a conscious decision to introduce unnatural ingredients into ordinary food in order to save cost. In general, that whole idea of valuing cost effective mass production over natural food is the main reason we have this obesity problem to begin with.

Adding massive amounts of salt, sugar, sodium and the like is a problem and contributes to the obesity problem. McDonalds is by far the worst in doing this to enhance taste because the processed foods they use are poor quality and cheap. They aren't required to improve it, but they are less than upfront about how they alter their products. I still eat there from time to time, I'm just aware of the unhealthy enhancement they do to their food and adjust my consumption as such.

ct 10-31-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10142281)
Isn't "pink slime" really just beef the same as any other but it's just smaller amounts that have been separated from the fat and other shit?
Someone named it 'pink slime' and started a whole big thing.

Yes, some yahoo gets on TV, shows a picture of finely textured CHICKEN, calls it pink slime in your ground beef, pours a bottle of toxic household ammonia cleaner over a hamburger and scares all the dumbshits of the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10142492)
lean finely textured beef is made from the remnant scraps of cattle carcasses that were once deemed too fatty to go into human food. The scraps are heated and centrifuged to reclaim bits of muscle and then the product is treated with ammonium hydroxide to kill bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli before being mixed into ground beef. Currently, USDA allows these beef products to contain up to 15 percent lean finely textured beef without labeling requirements, but last year the department said it would allow voluntary labeling.

Schools are back to buying ground beef that contains LFTB, USDA says its not an issue, and the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a left leaning outfit even says it became an issue because people thought it was gross.

THIS is real information, sadly most people refuse to learn it. more fun to scream pink slime and fear the zombie apocalypse.

Also many beef packers don't even use ammonium hydroxide, but instead use citric acid as the anti-microbial spray. Same as what's in your multi-vitamins. but that doesn't make quite as dramatic an after school special on ABC.

Omaha 10-31-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10141973)

BigMeatballDave 10-31-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10143627)

:D Another fly trapped...

Omaha 10-31-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10143635)
:D Another fly trapped...

Is that supposed to be a joke then? Another fly trapped? WTF are you talking about? Are you drinking right now?

BigMeatballDave 10-31-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10143033)
I'm pretty sure McDonald's announced that they stopped using this stuff over a year ago. But by all means, continue with your outrage.

Yep, almost 2 yrs ago.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id....google.com%2F

BigMeatballDave 10-31-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10143640)
Is that supposed to be a joke then? Another fly trapped? WTF are you talking about? Are you drinking right now?

I rarely drink.

People complain about getting rid of things that are bad for you.

I thought I'd mention alcohol. I knew I'd get a response.

:)