ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Now that we finally signed Peterson.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112450)

gokcchfs88 03-17-2005 12:33 PM

Now that we finally signed Peterson....

Can we get some freaking DB's already????? This is freaking killing me!!!

htismaqe 03-17-2005 12:34 PM

The Surtain deal better be done in the next 48 hours. Extending this guy's contract is just assinine.

Hoover 03-17-2005 12:48 PM

if Carl gets Surtain I'm going to be pumped. We can go into the draft with no huge holes.

Shox 03-17-2005 12:51 PM

Why in the world did CP get an extension.

Will be looking forward to draft picks failures for the rest of the decade.

journeyscarab 03-17-2005 12:52 PM

I wonder if Carl was a difficult in his negotiations with Lamar as he's reported be with potential players.

el borracho 03-17-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox
Why in the world did CP get an extension.

Will be looking forward to draft picks failures for the rest of the decade.

For a thorough explanation, see Gaz' posts in the other thread. Peterson is a decent GM, IMO, with the exception of the draft. We really need a better scouting department.

htismaqe 03-17-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab
I wonder if Carl was a difficult in his negotiations with Lamar as he's reported be with potential players.

Carl extends his own contract.

HolmeZz 03-17-2005 01:29 PM

All the Surtain money went into Carl's signing bonus.

Chiefnj 03-17-2005 01:30 PM

If it isn't today or tomorrow, it's not going to be for a while. Carl, Denny, Lamar and others are all headed to NFL meetings this weekend in Hawaii. I beleive the meetings last all of next week.

bkkcoh 03-17-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab

I am sure he tells Lamar to STFD & STFU.... NOT

whoman69 03-17-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
For a thorough explanation, see Gaz' posts in the other thread. Peterson is a decent GM, IMO, with the exception of the draft. We really need a better scouting department.

According to the information posted on another thread, we have a decent scouting department, but they have to go thru so many layers to reach the top. That's a problem with the GM and how he has structured the organization.

gokcchfs88 03-17-2005 01:35 PM

And that signing bonus goes against the cap!!

el borracho 03-17-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69
According to the information posted on another thread, we have a decent scouting department, but they have to go thru so many layers to reach the top. That's a problem with the GM and how he has structured the organization.

Really? How does that work? The scouting department does not meet directly with Carl?

whoman69 03-17-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Really? How does that work? The scouting department does not meet directly with Carl?

Not sure, the thread just said the scouting department has to go thru many layers to get the information where its needed and that the scouting department itself was very good.
It was a thread a couple days back rating the Chiefs as an organization.

CosmicPal 03-17-2005 02:39 PM

You want CP to sign DBs????? ROFL ROFL

We all knows he only signs safeties and converts them to DBs. :shake: