ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What am I supposed to do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204967)

Dunit35 03-28-2009 09:18 PM

What am I supposed to do?

My dogs got out of the backyard...again. They just did it the other day and I had thought I fixed the problem. Well, tonight they got out again and this time I have no idea how. After an hour of looking we saw them coming back to my house so we got out to put them on leashes. They both decided to take off, my female ran to the backyard while the male took off in another direction. I eventually caught "skye". Well, then his collar broke and he took off again. I couldn't believe that he did that.

We're doing all this looking with a foot of snow on the ground and puddles of freezing ass cold water everywhere. I can't get out of my driveway to look for him. We followed him around trying to get him to stop with no luck. With our feet, socks and shoes socking wet we gave up. I'm worried about where he is and it's driving me crazy that he's not in my house.

What am I supposed to do?

DeezNutz 03-28-2009 09:20 PM

Get some dog treats or whatever will get him to come, and get back out there and find the dog.

Sorry that it sounds like it's been a shitty day.

Skip Towne 03-28-2009 09:22 PM

How old is he? An older dog will come home when he gets hungry. A pup could get lost and not know how to get home.

Dunit35 03-28-2009 09:23 PM

I trained my female from the day at I got her at week 6. She's now two years old and listens pretty good. I adopted him last June and he has problems listening all the time. If my female was the one running around I wouldn't be worried since she would make her way back home. I don't believe he is smart enough to do that.

Dunit35 03-28-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5621547)
How old is he? An older dog will come home when he gets hungry. A pup could get lost and not know how to get home.

A year and a half.

Mojo Rising 03-28-2009 09:25 PM

Are they fixed? I had that problem with a dog once and he wasn't fixed. I didn't want to clip him so I resigned myself to the fact that he would want to roam.

Higher fence. Chain. Be outside when s/he is out. Invisible fence. Not attractive solutions but you can't fight animal instincts.

Bugeater 03-28-2009 09:28 PM

Get some new dogs that aren't assholes.

Dunit35 03-28-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5621558)
Are they fixed? I had that problem with a dog once and he wasn't fixed. I didn't want to clip him so I resigned myself to the fact that he would want to roam.

Higher fence. Chain. Be outside when s/he is out. Invisible fence. Not attractive solutions but you can't fight animal instincts.

Both of them are fixed. He was fixed when I adopted him and she just got fixed a couple weeks ago.

I'm chaining my female up tomorrow and hopefully he will come back so I can do the same to him. I already miss the guy.

Hammock Parties 03-28-2009 09:28 PM

Antifreeze?

Dunit35 03-28-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5621542)
Get some dog treats or whatever will get him to come, and get back out there and find the dog.

Sorry that it sounds like it's been a shitty day.

I've got no treats and no flashlight. We ran out of treats (girlfriend picked some up but is out of town until tomorrow) and the flashlight is in her car.

MIAdragon 03-28-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5621561)

LMAO

StcChief 03-28-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5621561)

or no more dogs.

DeezNutz 03-28-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 5621564)
I've got no treats and no flashlight. We ran out of treats (girlfriend picked some up but is out of town until tomorrow) and the flashlight is in her car.

Human food.

Hammock Parties 03-28-2009 09:38 PM

You should have had your dogs trained on a whistle.

Dunit35 03-28-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5621574)
Human food.

I took your advice and decided to drive around and look for him...just hoping I didn't get stuck.

I went out the front door and he was waiting on me by my car.