ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News JWhit doubles down on Guns, NRA, KKK (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267341)

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177699)
You see, it's self-perpetuating. "They have guns, so I need guns". That's why I'm thinking of getting a gun, and to take out zombies during the apocalypse.

Bottom line is you can only protect yourself and your loved ones. No one else is going to do it when something bad happens. Be greatful you have the right to do so.

MahiMike 12-03-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9177512)
What Jason doesn't get was Belcher shot her nine times that is rage. She was gonna die with or without a gun.

Maybe. But his choice of weapon is the go-to weapon in this country.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:37 PM

Gosh, it sure is incendiary and unthinkable to suggest that the widespread availability of something that enables you to kill another person in the blink of an eye may help some crimes of passion escalate from verbal or physical assault to murder. How preposterous~

Someone talked about gun violence after yet another (mass) murder involving guns? DEARIE ME, I DO BELIEVE I HAVE THE VAPORS. Won't someone think of the poor guns?

saphojunkie 12-03-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177719)
Bingo! The law abiding follow the laws, the lawless dont. Which is why the need for the citizens to have guns. You got it!

I'll excuse the 'manageable population' comments...I'll let it go.

Whoops, that was supposed to be his next argument. I'm sure you can take it from there.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177730)
Gosh, it sure is incendiary and unthinkable to suggest that the widespread availability of something that enables you to kill another person in the blink of an eye may help some crimes of passion escalate from verbal or physical assault to murder. How preposterous~

Like Kitchen knives? or hammers or hatchets or axes? silly us.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177684)
I may have missed something here, but there's nothing in this article to indicate more guns equates to less crime.

Like most things related to the subject its correlation.....Gun ownership is at an all time high as I understand it. And as the article states crime is down rather substantially. Is one a cause of the other? Probably not. But, neither can we say that the rise in gun ownership has created more crime.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9177733)
Whoops, that was supposed to be his next argument. I'm sure you can take it from there.

Yeah, best to stop once you've stepped in it.

HonestChieffan 12-03-2012 07:40 PM

What Jason missed was the opportunity to focus on domestic violence in the black community.Its not a gun culture thing.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177738)
Like Kitchen knives? or hammers or hatchets or axes? silly us.

Yes, indeedy, you can kill people with just about anything. How many of those items allow you to kill a loved one in the heat of an argument from across the room?

Whatever. Guns are a religion in the US and absolutely nothing can convince True Believers. I get it.

Like, I'm not suggesting we ban guns or anything. That's functionally impossible and I understand that. But this incessant clutching of pearls whenever someone says, "Hey guys, guns can be a pretty shitty thing to add to a lot of situations" is intolerably pathetic. You have what you want, no one's taking your guns. Stop being enormous babies about it.

Iowanian 12-03-2012 07:41 PM

Law abiding citizens should never be punished due to the actions of an irresponsible murderer fueled on pills and booze.

It's already illegal to abuse prescription drugs.
It's already illegal to drink and drive.
It's already illegal to commit an act of physical harm on your spouse.
it's already illegal to shoot someone who isn't threatening to you or your family.

It's great to know another restriction on law abiding citizens will protect us all from pill popping, drunken people with murderous intentions.

Piss up a rope.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9177750)
Yes, indeedy, you can kill people with just about anything. How many of those items allow you to kill a loved one in the heat of an argument from across the room?

Whatever. Guns are a religion in the US. I get it.

Not sure, how many, but I would guess anything sharp enough or heavy enough to throw would do the trick. Given that he was an NFL player, Im going to guess he needed nothing but his bare hands. But, yeah, I get it too...it has nothing to do with the act, but the political motivation of some.

KCTitus 12-03-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9177748)
What Jason missed was the opportunity to focus on domestic violence in the black community.Its not a gun culture thing.

Well, that wouldnt have gotten him so much play on NBC football or other media outlets, now would it?

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:45 PM

Ah yes, there we go. "HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THIS ISSUE! GUNS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS," gun fan says after unspeakable tragedy the moment anyone associates this gun crime with guns.

http://i.minus.com/iZQxxXkOe6nbr.gif

Goldmember 12-03-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9177765)
Not sure, how many, but I would guess anything sharp enough or heavy enough to throw would do the trick. Given that he was an NFL player, Im going to guess he needed nothing but his bare hands. But, yeah, I get it too...it has nothing to do with the act, but the political motivation of some.

Actually, IMO, killing someone with a gun is less personal than with your bare hands or stabbing them to death. It's faster and more effective, in most cases.

Ultra Peanut 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9177793)
Actually, IMO, killing someone with a gun is less personal than with your bare hands or stabbing them to death. It's faster and more effective, in most cases.

No see, guns are EXACTLY THE SAME as knives. How dare you suggest otherwise!