ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs to Cassel: take pay cut or be cut. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270095)

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9414229)
Bowe - 10
Albert - 10
Colquit 3?
Dorsey 3?
Jackson 4?

**** giving Dorsey or Jackson money.

O.city 02-18-2013 10:17 PM

Yeah, I'm not paying Doresy or Jackson at this point.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414211)
Priest and Hali had ACTUAL TALENT.

And in Priest's case, most people thought he wouldn't regain his old form, and he never did. It was an embarrassingly pathetic "comeback."

You've been in the basement on CP too much. Every player to sign an NFL contract has talent. Matt is grossly overpaid for what he's done as a chief. But he can throw a football. And weis proved Matt could have success not in NE. Can Matt get back to that season? I don't know, and neither do you. You just think its easier to sling shit, call names and use absolutes.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9414247)
Yeah, I'm not paying Doresy or Jackson at this point.

With these two, you have to wonder if scheme hurt them. Or if either, both or neither are salvageable to the new DC. I want to agree with you because I think they've been over paid too. Both had a flash or two to give some hope, but it's too little too late. If we keep one, which one and why?

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9414269)
You've been in the basement on CP too much. Every player to sign an NFL contract has talent. Matt is grossly overpaid for what he's done as a chief. But he can throw a football. And weis proved Matt could have success not in NE. Can Matt get back to that season? I don't know, and neither do you. You just think its easier to sling shit, call names and use absolutes.

:facepalm:

Matt CAN'T get back to that season because he won't face the easiest schedule in the NFL with the best rushing attack and a perfect storm from his WR, OC and multiple DBs dropping INTs EVER AGAIN.

And even IF he did, he'd blow it in the playoffs again. That's not "successful."

Perhaps I chose my words poorly. Matt Cassel isn't a good player. Hali and Priest are and were. Big difference.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414334)
:facepalm:

Matt CAN'T get back to that season because he won't face the easiest schedule in the NFL with the best rushing attack and a perfect storm from his WR, OC and multiple DBs dropping INTs EVER AGAIN.

And even IF he did, he'd blow it in the playoffs again. That's not "successful."

Perhaps I chose my words poorly. Matt Cassel isn't a good player. Hali and Priest are and were. Big difference.

While you're gazing into that crystal ball of yours, would you be so kind as to share the lotto numbers?

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9414385)
While you're gazing into that crystal ball of yours, would you be so kind as to share the lotto numbers?

Do you really think you need a crystal ball to determine what I've posted?

We've seen the same shit constantly from Matt for four seasons now.

He's not changing, and NFL teams won't give him another chance.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414395)
Do you really think you need a crystal ball to determine what I've posted?

We've seen the same shit constantly from Matt for four seasons now.

He's not changing, and NFL teams won't give him another chance.

Forgive me, I left something off. You may be exactly right. I guess he's the next Jamarcus russel, right? So casshole is out of the NFL next year, by your expert opinion? What are you willing to risk to back up your statement?

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9414413)
Forgive me, I left something off. You may be exactly right. I guess he's the next Jamarcus russel, right? So casshole is out of the NFL next year, by your expert opinion? What are you willing to risk to back up your opinions?

No, he'll go somewhere and be a backup.

Which is what he is. He's Gus Frerotte. A douchebag who steals from fans.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414420)
No, he'll go somewhere and be a backup.

Which is what he is. He's Gus Frerotte. A douchebag who steals from fans.

Sorry, I thought you said NFL teams will not give him another chance. He's done, only positive he has was a soft schedule and lucky bounces.

Lets go a different direction, what QBs that started last year for any team, is worse than casshole? Then which 2nd string?

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 11:00 PM

I meant as a starter, Coffey.

Anyone can see that.

Now please kill yourself.

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414447)
I meant as a starter, Coffey.

Anyone can see that.

Now please kill yourself.

Jacksonville could argue casshole is a better starter than Blaine. Buffalo is pretty tired of Ryan, jets and mark? Rams and Sam? Etc. etc. it's not set in stone that casshole doesn't start someplace else.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2013 11:11 PM

If he starts someplace else, it will only be because of injury.

No GM is looking at his 4 years and thinking "Huh! There's my new starter."

crazycoffey 02-18-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9414481)
If he starts someplace else, it will only be because of injury.

No GM is looking at his 4 years and thinking "Huh! There's my new starter."

Well, I don't see it either, but I'm willing to admit I MIGHT be biased in the Matt Casshole debate. He's shit the bed too many times for me to WANT to see him in a chiefs jersey. But realistically, it's not so far fetched to see him start someplace. And for telling me to kill myself, may I introduce you to your grandma's curling iron? Don't pretend it's the first time either....

Sorter 02-18-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9414159)
And many thought there was literally no way Hali would ever be successful in the 3-4. Again I say, you just don't know. Weis got production out if him. Again, to reiterate for the mouth breathers, I am not saying I want him to stay.

Completely different situations and an extremely poor comparison.