ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Los Angeles City Council approves NFL Stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264378)

CrazyPhuD 07-25-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9832935)
Mojo rising I'm not sure where you're from but Dane and I are LA guys. The parking lot situation out here isn't a concern whatsoever. The majority of locals attending will be either, a) rich people entertaining guests/clients, basically your club level people at Arrowhead. They don't tailgate. Or b) poorer "true fans" who will take public transportation or park in one of the 50 satellite lots nearby like they do for Lakers games and drink in the sidewalk or in a local bar or at the stadium. We don't tailgate here.

Plus let's be honest most people in CA wouldn't know good BBQ if it was sucking their dick. Besides who would tailgate with wine?????:cuss:

CrazyPhuD 07-25-2013 12:57 AM

But I do wonder if the Tailgate situation with LA might be somewhat similar to the tailgate situation in OAK? Ironically a good fraction of the people who tailgate at raiders games don't actually have tickets to the game. LOL they just come to tailgate...:shrug:

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9832946)
Plus let's be honest most people in CA wouldn't know good BBQ if it was sucking their dick. Besides who would tailgate with wine?????:cuss:

Good point.

The majority of the "tailgating" will occur in the luxury suites.

CrazyPhuD 07-25-2013 01:00 AM

Hell if they wanted to they could just build the stadium and get a Liga MX team in there. Why wait for the NFL it's come in it's own time...

TinyEvel 07-25-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9832948)
Good point.

The majority of the "tailgating" will occur in the luxury suites.

Actually, the majority of tailgating will be done on the 5, 10 and 110 freeways.

#seewhatididthere? #hashtagsonCP #LiteralTailgating #stillfunny

Mojo Rising 07-25-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9832935)
Mojo rising I'm not sure where you're from but Dane and I are LA guys. The parking lot situation out here isn't a concern whatsoever. The majority of locals attending will be either, a) rich people entertaining guests/clients, basically your club level people at Arrowhead. They don't tailgate. Or b) poorer "true fans" who will take public transportation or park in one of the 50 satellite lots nearby like they do for Lakers games and drink in the sidewalk or in a local bar or at the stadium. We don't tailgate here.

Tiny, I live in Orange County. Close to I5. There are many rich guys near here who could afford Season Tickets. ST's are what makes a team survive.

The dynamics of Staples with 10k lower bowl seats for a Lakers game is much different than needing to sell 70k for 10 weeks a year.

My neighbor just dropped his Laker ST's because he didn't think he could sell the 20 games at break even or near profit to justify the 20 games he would attend. Different dynamic.

Take an area like SF for example. The NFL team has recently left an urban environment for a suburban environment.

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9832950)
Actually, the majority of tailgating will be done on the 5, 10 and 110 freeways.

Huzzah!

CrazyPhuD 07-25-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9832950)

ROFL...I was going to make the same joke....just build the stadium near a freeway and have people tailgate on the highway...no one in LA would know the difference! Turn the highway into a parking lot for a few hours. Would LA really notice?????

CrazyPhuD 07-25-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 9832951)
Tiny, I live in Orange County. Close to I5. There are many rich guys near here who could afford Season Tickets. ST's are what makes a team survive.

The dynamics of Staples with 10k lower bowl seats for a Lakers game is much different than needing to sell 70k for 10 weeks a year.

My neighbor just dropped his Laker ST's because he didn't think he could sell the 20 games at break even or near profit to justify the 20 games he would attend. Different dynamic.

Take an area like SF for example. The NFL team has recently left an urban environment for a suburban environment.

The 49ers situation is a bit of a special environment. They desperately needed a new stadium and the city is about as anti-development as any city could be. No way were they really going to let a huge NFL stadium be built where it should(i.e. downtown or on the waterfront ala the Giants). They sort of tried saying to remodel candlestick, but candlestick's location sucks ass. It's effectively in the suburbs without being in the suburbs.

Hence why they are soon to be the Santa Clara 49ers.

Mojo Rising 07-25-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9832943)
This is laughable. You're using a nearly two year old article as proof that Philip Anschutz is willing to spend a more than a billion dollars for an NFL team that he won't own a majority percentage.

Seriously, that's just dumb on your part.

Furthermore, I've provided this forum with insight and spoilers on a variety of subjects involving Los Angeles and Hollywood in particular for more than a decade.

The mere idea that I should provide "links" to conversations that I've had with the principles involved is ludicrous.

So I am laughable and dumb while providing links and you are somehow made as far as providing reliable data?

As I stated, the proponent for AEG has been fired. Show me something different.

My friend said Hugh Douglas was going to be a Chief, Best Buy just sold a stereo to....

DaneMcCloud 07-25-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 9832960)
So I am laughable and dumb while providing links and you are somehow made as far as providing reliable data?

As I stated, the proponent for AEG has been fired. Show me something different.

My friend said Hugh Douglas was going to be a Chief, Best Buy just sold a stereo to....

:facepalm:

Mojo Rising 07-25-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9832956)
The 49ers situation is a bit of a special environment. They desperately needed a new stadium and the city is about as anti-development as any city could be. No way were they really going to let a huge NFL stadium be built where it should(i.e. downtown or on the waterfront ala the Giants). They sort of tried saying to remodel candlestick, but candlestick's location sucks ass. It's effectively in the suburbs without being in the suburbs.

Hence why they are soon to be the S anta Clara 49ers.

I met Carmen Policy at a bar on Polk St in '97. He bought me a beer, his gal had me write my address on a bar nap and he sent me the coolest letter the next day. Class act.

He was campaigning for a stadium back then. Didn't work out due to Eddie's legal problems. The York's never liked SF.

A stadium funded by Lennar if they were allowed to gentrify Hunters Point was in the works. The Yorks nixed it. More money in the South Bay.

Shout out to Glen Park!!! I moved to OC from there a few years ago. Lived there 10 years.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-25-2013 01:38 AM

I haven't really read the thread and for that I apologize but I've heard Davis prefers to stay in Oakland but with the town in debt the taxpayers won't be able to afford it? Also, if they were to be able to build one it would be the smallest in the league at like 56,000 max capacity, which is the equivalent to a billionaire buying a KIA and showing it off like it's a Lamborghini. A move that could be made is the Raiders could share the new stadium with SF but both clubs aren't too fond of that. I've heard the three finalists are likely the Chargers, Raiders and Jags? Also, the Raider situation sounds terrible. Where the hell will they end up? Sorry I'm lazy right now lol. Love you Dane ;)

Chiefs Pantalones 07-25-2013 01:44 AM

The Warriors and A's are leaving too?

Mojo Rising 07-25-2013 01:56 AM

The Warriors are moving to SF. A's want to move to SJ so they can sell Suites to Cisco Intel, etc. MLB granted to the SJ market to the Giants (who have less WS wins than the Dodgers since moving to Cali) when they were about to be moved to TB in the 80's.

Again. It is about leverage. Atlanta, St Louis, SD, Oakland all need to build new stadiums.