ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Los Angeles City Council approves NFL Stadium (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264378)

Dayze 09-29-2012 01:01 PM

The LA I'm Only Waiting Tables Until I Make it Big Movies...es

alnorth 09-29-2012 01:03 PM

The Los Angeles Parking Tickets

Ming the Merciless 09-29-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8957792)
Los Angeles Pizzazz

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Valiant 09-29-2012 01:30 PM

That is stupid as hell for a cash strapped state/city

No new good permanent jobs will be created, just vendor jobs, everyone else will be a transplant.

The city will be spending all that jack for a owner to come in practically free. If a team knew it would reap profits it would build its own stadium jones style.

City will not see a real payback for decades with the breaks they will give, and by then the owner will upgrades.

Now, if the city is allowed to purchase the team. It would work. But that will never be allowed to happen.

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8958979)
That is stupid as hell for a cash strapped state/city

No new good permanent jobs will be created, just vendor jobs, everyone else will be a transplant.

The city will be spending all that jack for a owner to come in practically free. If a team knew it would reap profits it would build its own stadium jones style.

City will not see a real payback for decades with the breaks they will give, and by then the owner will upgrades.

Now, if the city is allowed to purchase the team. It would work. But that will never be allowed to happen.

The city isn't paying a dime. It's all privately financed by AEG.

BWillie 09-29-2012 01:36 PM

The LA Whining Taking No Accountability Circle Jerk

Titty Meat 09-29-2012 01:53 PM

The new stadium is going up near where Biggie Smalls was killed. Not a good area.

Valiant 09-29-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8959006)
The city isn't paying a dime. It's all privately financed by AEG.

The city will be paying. Aeg will include a stipulation to where if a certain criteria of attendence is not met the city pays.

How else do they make money other then a percentage for the stadium and what goes on there? The only other thing I can think of is owner paying leasing, but is that enough to recoup 1.5billion?

The owner will get all the money for the team and merch. I guess they can split concessions. But that still

Rausch 09-29-2012 02:00 PM

Won't happen in LA because no one gives a $3it.

The end...

Brock 09-29-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8959104)
Won't happen in LA because no one gives a $3it.

The end...

Oh, it's happening.

Rausch 09-29-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8959112)
Oh, it's happening.

Nope...

qabbaan 09-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 8957777)
My order:

1. jaguars
2. Chargers
3. Bills
4 Rams

Just looking at teams with low fan base and bad stadium set ups.

The move would come with a name change unless the Chargers move-sentimental AFL reasons.

But as for adding a new team-there is not enough talent to add a team

then we are talking division re-alignment again

The jaguars have a new owner and aren't going anywhere.

Oakland seems like the most likely candidate.

qabbaan 09-29-2012 02:24 PM

The LA team should offer a discount if you get there in time for kickoff.

HemiEd 09-29-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 8957741)
Move the Chargers up here, then I have a shorter ride to see the Chiefs when they come out.

Downtown traffic wouldn't be any different than when there's a Lakers game. the article is reaching.

I don't pretend to have a clue about the area, as I only go out there once a year.

But from what I read, the Staples center holds 19k, why wouldn't 72k be a bigger problem?

DaneMcCloud 09-29-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8959082)
The city will be paying. Aeg will include a stipulation to where if a certain criteria of attendence is not met the city pays.

How else do they make money other then a percentage for the stadium and what goes on there? The only other thing I can think of is owner paying leasing, but is that enough to recoup 1.5billion?

The owner will get all the money for the team and merch. I guess they can split concessions. But that still

You don't know what you're talking about, whatsoever, so why do you feel the need to chime in with bullshit statements?