ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Is golf a sport tom watson wears depends and a 14 year old ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272046)

ChiefRocka 04-12-2013 05:31 PM

It's more of a sport now than it has ever been dumbass.

MTG#10 04-12-2013 05:33 PM

I guess my 300 lb boss and his uncle (the owner) who is pushing 400 that go golfing every weekend are athletes since they play a "sport". And no, they aren't built like lineman. They breathe heavy walking from their desk to the cooler for a snack.

Chief_For_Life58 04-12-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9581236)
Tony Siragusa was on Howard Stern a few months ago. Pretty funny. Talked about one game, playing for the Colts (white pants), and how he was so hungover he had the shits. Tried to tape his ass cheeks shut... Didn't work.

lol that reminds me of this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y6hu4aLXv7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58-4ever 04-12-2013 05:41 PM

A Texas guy that loves a Detroit team, but mainly a guy from Kansas and Oklahoma. I think I know enough about you to never open your threads again.

58-4ever 04-12-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9581245)
I guess my 300 lb boss and his uncle (the owner) who is pushing 400 that go golfing every weekend are athletes since they play a "sport". And no, they aren't built like lineman. They breathe heavy walking from their desk to the cooler for a snack.

Anyone can play a sport, but not everyone is an athlete. There is a distinct line that you're missing.

MTG#10 04-12-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9581271)
Anyone can play a sport, but not everyone is an athlete. There is a distinct line that you're missing.

No, I get it. Like I said, technically by Webster definition it is a sport...but so is bowling. Anyone with any common sense doesn't consider it one though.

lcarus 04-12-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9581276)
No, I get it. Like I said, technically by Webster definition it is a sport...but so is bowling. Anyone with any common sense doesn't consider it one though.

More of just a common perception really. And I agree.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2013 06:07 PM

As an avid golfer, here's the line of demarcation:

If you walk while you play, then yes, golf is a sport. If you're like the thousands of pussies riding carts and smoking cigars while shooting the shit and drinking beer during mens' leagues, then no, that's not a sport.

lcarus 04-12-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9581329)

If you walk while you play, then yes, golf is a sport. If you're like the thousands of pussies riding carts and smoking cigars while shooting the shit and drinking beer during mens' leagues, then no, that's not a sport.

What if you ride a cart and smoke cigars but can drive the ball 500 yards?

MTG#10 04-12-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Is shopping a sport if you walk instead of ride one of those little scooter things? :D

Hootie 04-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Disagree.

Golf is a sport no matter what. Anyone who is good at golf is an athlete, plain and simple.

Is basketball not a sport when a bunch of fat dipshits play a pickup game and can't dribble the ball, shoot with two hands, and have no concept of the game?

The only "sport" that I'm willing to debate about whether or not it is a sport is bowling. I'm a 185 bowler...and I learned how to do that in 1 week. My friend was like, "dude, you have to throw a hook or you'll always suck." So I learned how to throw a hook without a thumb...and then once I was comfortable to use my thumb I was suddenly a decent enough bowler.

But yeah...if you can break a 90 playing golf honestly (no cheating), and consistently...you're an athlete, and that takes talent, and it's a sport.

but you could play the whole "If you're like the thousands of pussies riding carts and smoking cigars while shooting the shit and drinking beer during mens' leagues" for each and every sport there is

lcarus 04-12-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9581339)
Is shopping a sport if you walk instead of ride one of those little scooter things? :D

It is if you're racing one of those scooters against someone else.

hometeam 04-12-2013 06:13 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...x0x3o1_400.gif

Hootie 04-12-2013 06:16 PM

as someone who has an uncle that is a golf pro and a father who is a 3 handicap...

I'm absolutely ****ing baffled by how they are so damn good. I have tried to learn, and have excelled at times on the range...I feel like my swing is perfect.

But I just get ****ing worse with age. I just find golf to infuriating to play now. I have always excelled at sports so when I don't excel at something I get infuriated...but 3 years ago I started hitting my driver a consistent 250 and I hit it straight.

I played one round of golf with my dad that summer and he tweaked something, and his friend tweaked something...and now I'm all ****ed in the head...and for the first time in my life I slice the shit out of the ball and it's insane. It's unfixable. I used to pull the ball...now I slice it. I don't get it.

I am pretty weird though. I played baseball my whole life and couldn't bat right handed...I hit lefty, I played hockey lefty...did everything else righty. Threw, everything. And I was a good hitter...

I golf right handed. My dad taught me as a kid that golfing lefty was ****ing reeruned and made me golf right handed and it feels 100% natural to me. There have been years where I was a 90-100 golfer...

but last year...****, I was horrible. My drives were CONSISTENTLY out of bounds to where I had to stop using my driver. There was nothing I could do to fix it on the range, either. It was like a true tin cup experience for me and it made me want to never play golf again. And I probably won't.

Unfortuately with my recent knee injury that doesn't want to get better I can no longer play flag football or softball (competitively) either...

so I'm down to ****ing bowling.

lcarus 04-12-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9581359)
as someone who has an uncle that is a golf pro and a father who is a 3 handicap...

I'm absolutely ****ing baffled by how they are so damn good. I have tried to learn, and have excelled at times on the range...I feel like my swing is perfect.

But I just get ****ing worse with age. I just find golf to infuriating to play now. I have always excelled at sports so when I don't excel at something I get infuriated...but 3 years ago I started hitting my driver a consistent 250 and I hit it straight.

I played one round of golf with my dad that summer and he tweaked something, and his friend tweaked something...and now I'm all ****ed in the head...and for the first time in my life I slice the shit out of the ball and it's insane. It's unfixable. I used to pull the ball...now I slice it. I don't get it.

I am pretty weird though. I played baseball my whole life and couldn't bat right handed...I hit lefty, I played hockey lefty...did everything else righty. Threw, everything. And I was a good hitter...

I golf right handed. My dad taught me as a kid that golfing lefty was ****ing reeruned and made me golf right handed and it feels 100% natural to me. There have been years where I was a 90-100 golfer...

but last year...****, I was horrible. My drives were CONSISTENTLY out of bounds to where I had to stop using my driver. There was nothing I could do to fix it on the range, either. It was like a true tin cup experience for me and it made me want to never play golf again. And I probably won't.

Unfortuately with my recent knee injury that doesn't want to get better I can no longer play flag football or softball (competitively) either...

so I'm down to ****ing bowling.

Yeah golf is just hard and frustrating for me. I enjoy going out to the driving range occasionally though.