ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would You Greg Little? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244541)

BigCatDaddy 04-29-2011 08:40 AM

Would You Greg Little?

If he slips to the our pick in the 2nd do you still pull the trigger on this guy? We are still really thin at WR and Little, Baldwin, and Bowe could give us one of the most dynamic WR's core for years to come. With Charles at RB that's a lot of weapons on the offense.

We could still come back and take Powe and Sheppard in the 3rd to sure up the DT and MLB spot and possibly get that RT in the 4th. That lives the only major hole at OLB which hopefully Sheffield can step up and take and of course FA eventually to any remainging holes.

Would you... the whole thing?

ChiefGator 04-29-2011 08:44 AM

I would Torrey Smith, if somehow he fell. I might Hankerson as well.

But those guys won't drop to us obviously. But, I would.

Chiefnj2 04-29-2011 08:51 AM

Yes. In a heart beat.

eazyb81 04-29-2011 08:53 AM

No. Stupid waste of resources.

BPA is great, but only to an extent.

COchief 04-29-2011 08:58 AM

NO! NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT

Chiefnj2 04-29-2011 09:07 AM

WR is still a need for KC. The rules favor a passing game, so you need to be at least 3 deep. The rumblings of King and Gretz on Bowe not being around for a 2nd contract are bothersome. If you have Little or Smith or Hankerson rated ahead of Houston/Sheard/Ayers/Reed/OL then take them.

iowachieffan 04-29-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7603852)
NO! NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT

We have 2 3rd round picks and there will still be good NT available during that round.

BigCatDaddy 04-29-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7603852)

I addressed this with Powe in the 3rd. The only other NT that might go in the 2nd is Ellis.

COchief 04-29-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7603867)
WR is still a need for KC. The rules favor a passing game, so you need to be at least 3 deep. The rumblings of King and Gretz on Bowe not being around for a 2nd contract are bothersome. If you have Little or Smith or Hankerson rated ahead of Houston/Sheard/Ayers/Reed/OL then take them.

This message approved by Matt Millen.

I think we have way too many holes to be blowing picks on luxuries like WR when our Oline, NT, and LBs could use attention. I sure would love to have Mt Cody (or Raji instead of Jackson but that's another scenario) instead of the stupid little offensive toy they drafted last year.

COchief 04-29-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7603878)
I addressed this with Powe in the 3rd. The only other NT that might go in the 2nd is Ellis.

Fair enough, I am hoping they go BPA on Oline, LB, and maybe RB if it means the end of the Thomas Jones era.

BigCatDaddy 04-29-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7603867)

And injuries do occur.

The Packers chose Nelson at the top of the 2nd despite having Driver and Jennings so it has some merrit.

BigCatDaddy 04-29-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7603884)
Fair enough, I am hoping they go BPA on Oline, LB, and maybe RB if it means the end of the Thomas Jones era.

C is the only position that I think needs to be addressed right now in the draft and I would like to see Taylor taken in the later rounds. Asamoah, Albert, Lilja and Richardson will be fine for now.

COchief 04-29-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7603887)
And injuries do occur.

The Packers chose Nelson at the top of the 2nd despite having Driver and Jennings so it has some merrit.

I see your point, however please don't compare our team to complete teams. We played a complete team in the playoffs and were completely outclassed. The upper echelon teams (Steelers, Pack, Ravens, Jets, Pats) can afford to go strictly BPA, IMO we are nowhere near that level yet.

milkman 04-29-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7603892)
I see your point, however please don't compare our team to complete teams. We played a complete team in the playoffs and were completely outclassed. The upper echelon teams (Steelers, Pack, Ravens, Jets, Pats) can afford to go strictly BPA, IMO we are nowhere near that level yet.

We aren't a complete team to be sure, and this lockout came at the worst possible time for the continued development of this team.

However, if this team had receivers in that playoff game, they would have had a chance to compete.

I'm not sure I would make the selection, but it wouldn't be the worst decision for this team.

BigCatDaddy 04-29-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 7603892)

No, but by taking Little you now have 1 more complete part set for the future. You are pretty good in the secondary and WR's core. If you finish what the draft I laid out you only have 2 holes to fill on the defense with DE and OLB. You might need a T and C which can be address fairly easy.